wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

61 Pages«<5152535455>»
STOCKS TO SELL by yaserbigchair
obiero
#1041 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2018 8:16:04 AM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
THE EXCHANGE BAR BELIEVES THE FOLLOWING STOCKS TO BE ON CLOSE WATCH AS AT 17.08.2016 arm, bamburi, barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cargeneral, centum, crown, deacons, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, ftg, hf, home afrika, i&m, kapch, keno, kenre, kurwitu, mumias, nbk, olympia, sameer, scbk, uchumi, unga, umeme

and KQ.

KQ is not trading.. It is a hung share

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#1042 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2018 8:28:50 AM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
THE EXCHANGE BAR BELIEVES THE FOLLOWING STOCKS TO BE ON CLOSE WATCH AS AT 17.08.2016 arm, bamburi, barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cargeneral, centum, crown, deacons, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, ftg, hf, home afrika, i&m, kapch, keno, kenre, kurwitu, mumias, nbk, olympia, sameer, scbk, uchumi, unga, umeme

and KQ.

So is ARM. Dead.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#1043 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2018 10:11:05 PM

Juojo wrote:
littledove wrote:
obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
THE EXCHANGE BAR BELIEVES THE FOLLOWING STOCKS TO BE ON CLOSE WATCH.

stocks to trade with eyes wide open 17.04.2018: arm, bamburi, barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cargeneral, centum, crown, deacons, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, ftg, home afrika, i&m, kapch, keno, kenre, kurwitu, mumias, nbk, olympia, sameer, scbk, uchumi, unga, umeme

As price declines continue;the boss of the NSE says this year we will clock 4,000 points on the 25 share index

Did ARM release the full year results after their profit warning?

They are still cooking the books

ARM is one of the listed companies with high level of clean corporate governance. It is unlikely that they are book cookers, since they have always laid bare their issues and the results have been in tandem

good to hear a second opinion from an elder, i trust the management despite the predicaments and im slowly accumulating arm.

Even elders can get it wrong without full info.Have you talked to an auditor who has ever been involved in their audit? Shame on you Shame on you
I hear guys have not been paid for like 4 months. That's how Nakumatt started. We shall revisit.

Pradeep now barred from decision making on the ARM board https://af.reuters.com/a...ditiesNews/idAFL5N1V9042

obiero
#1044 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2018 10:14:42 PM

obiero wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

stocks to trade with eyes wide open 17.04.2018: arm, bamburi, barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cargeneral, centum, crown, deacons, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, ftg, home afrika, i&m, kapch, keno, kenre, kurwitu, mumias, nbk, olympia, sameer, scbk, uchumi, unga, umeme

As price declines continue;the boss of the NSE says this year we will clock 4,000 points on the 25 share index

ARM is one of the listed companies with high level of clean corporate governance. It is unlikely that they are book cookers, since they have always laid bare their issues and the results have been in tandem

I doubt this.

i) Any company that issues a profit warning for the year ended 31 December 2017 in March 2018 can not have high corporate governance. For Christ's sake, the market is expecting audited results in March.

ii) The fact that ARM always reports in the last week of April should tickle your opinion of their corporate governance especially since they are not subject to prior approval from an industry line regulator such as Insurance companies and or banks. In fact if you recall, Bamburi has almost always traditionally reported within 2 months of year end (for full year) as well half year. So what's different with ARM Cement? Heck BAT even used to report within 1 month of period end (included audited financial statements).

If your assertion is true, then there must be something special about ARM's business that makes financial reporting not so straight forward. I am tempted to concur with the "cooking the books" theory.
Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

The firm already stated that they expect an increased loss position in excess of KES 3.5B up from KES 2.8B, what exactly is there to cook here https://www.nation.co.ke...38540-c0gr4o/index.html

Sad for ARM.. Nasty politics in East Africa has killed a once vibrant firm

Ericsson
#1045 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2018 10:44:37 PM

obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

I doubt this.

i) Any company that issues a profit warning for the year ended 31 December 2017 in March 2018 can not have high corporate governance. For Christ's sake, the market is expecting audited results in March.

ii) The fact that ARM always reports in the last week of April should tickle your opinion of their corporate governance especially since they are not subject to prior approval from an industry line regulator such as Insurance companies and or banks. In fact if you recall, Bamburi has almost always traditionally reported within 2 months of year end (for full year) as well half year. So what's different with ARM Cement? Heck BAT even used to report within 1 month of period end (included audited financial statements).

If your assertion is true, then there must be something special about ARM's business that makes financial reporting not so straight forward. I am tempted to concur with the "cooking the books" theory.
Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

The firm already stated that they expect an increased loss position in excess of KES 3.5B up from KES 2.8B, what exactly is there to cook here https://www.nation.co.ke...38540-c0gr4o/index.html

Sad for ARM.. Nasty politics in East Africa has killed a once vibrant firm

It was stated here earlier before
Pradeep Paunrana killed the business built by his father
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#1046 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 10:47:58 AM

I have noted correlation between penny stocks and non-performing stocks at the NSE
Mumias Sugar Co. 0.70
Home Afrika 0.90
Eveready East Africa 1.40
Uchumi Supermarket 1.65
Sameer Africa 2.68
Olympia Capital Holdings 3.18
E.A.Cables 3.70
Flame Tree Group Holdings 3.75
Trans-Century Limited 3.95
Longhorn Publishers 4.53
ARM Cement 4.60
CIC Insurance Group 4.70
National Bank of Kenya 5.65
Express 5.90
Kenya Power & Lighting 6.03
KenGen 6.80
Housing Finance Group 8.48
Umeme 8.70

xxxxx
#1047 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 12:28:38 PM

obiero wrote:
I have noted correlation between penny stocks and non-performing stocks at the NSE
Mumias Sugar Co. 0.70
Home Afrika 0.90
Uchumi Supermarket 1.65
Sameer Africa 2.68
E.A.Cables 3.70
Longhorn Publishers 4.53
ARM Cement 4.60
CIC Insurance Group 4.70
Express 5.90
KenGen 6.80
Umeme 8.70

Haha..@Obiero, pliz share your definition of performance. If it is price based, I know blue chips whose share PX oscillates btn plus or minus KES 1 year in year out despite percentage declines or increases in PAT. There's also blue chips whose PAT is positive albeit declining trendwise for the past years.
obiero
#1048 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 12:38:07 PM

xxxxx wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mumias Sugar Co. 0.70
Home Afrika 0.90
Uchumi Supermarket 1.65
Sameer Africa 2.68
E.A.Cables 3.70
Longhorn Publishers 4.53
ARM Cement 4.60
CIC Insurance Group 4.70
Express 5.90
KenGen 6.80
Umeme 8.70

Haha..@Obiero, pliz share your definition of performance. If it is price based, I know blue chips whose share PX oscillates btn plus or minus KES 1 year in year out despite percentage declines or increases in PAT. There's also blue chips whose PAT is positive albeit declining trendwise for the past years.

Hi. I refer to the company financial performance of the listed stocks which trade at single digit prices at the NSE. It appears the NSE/market subjects the stocks to sub 10 shillings value immediately trouble arises with the firm's financials.. That is the correlation I refer to.. But your point is noted, such as was the case with Safaricom that traded at KES 2.75 while being highly profitable or the bandia Kurwitu which has an unearthly stock price

Fyatu
#1049 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 2:29:42 PM

I can see Deacons is on otonglo territory. Kenya power is sub 6 bob, HFCK @7.50 etc.

I can predict interest rate capping will feature in almost all FY 2018 reports and will be milked to deny wanjiku of sweet dividend while CEO's take home hundreds of millions of shillings and yet govt., CMA and NSE wonder why the low uptake by wanjiku
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
obiero
#1050 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 5:18:11 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
THE EXCHANGE BAR BELIEVES THE FOLLOWING STOCKS TO BE ON CLOSE WATCH AS AT 17.08.2018 arm, bamburi, barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cargeneral, centum, crown, deacons, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, ftg, hf, home afrika, i&m, kapch, keno, kenre, kurwitu, mumias, nbk, olympia, sameer, scbk, uchumi, unga, umeme

and KQ.

So is ARM. Dead.

Bamburi following suit.. Yasserbigchair of the exchange bar is never wrong. Trade with caution! https://www.businessdail...36578-b6la4pz/index.html

obiero
#1051 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 5:32:14 AM

THE EXCHANGE BAR BELIEVES THE FOLLOWING STOCKS TO BE ON CLOSE WATCH AS AT 30.08.2018 arm, bamburi, barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cargeneral, centum, crown, deacons, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, ftg, hf, home afrika, kapch, keno, kenre, kurwitu, mumias, nbk, olympia, sameer, uchumi, unga, umeme

Spikes
#1052 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 10:05:19 AM

obiero wrote:
THE EXCHANGE BAR BELIEVES THE FOLLOWING STOCKS TO BE ON CLOSE WATCH AS AT 30.08.2018 arm, bamburi, barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cargeneral, centum, crown, deacons, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, ftg, hf, home afrika, kapch, keno, kenre, kurwitu, mumias, nbk, olympia, sameer, uchumi, unga, umeme

Why Kenol (KK)?
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
VituVingiSana
#1053 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 10:09:34 AM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

Why Kenol (KK)?

Because KK is losing sales by not supplying jet fuel to deadbeats... Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#1054 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 10:46:27 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

Why Kenol (KK)?

Because KK is losing sales by not supplying jet fuel to deadbeats... Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Has nothing to do with KQ and everything to do with the Total Man. I will explain later

VituVingiSana
#1055 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 10:51:12 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

Why Kenol (KK)?

Has nothing to do with KQ and everything to do with the Total Man. I will explain later

Now is the time. Pray Pray Pray Later doesn't do me much good.
ARM comes to mind! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

ARM for me is a drop in the ocean vs KK.
obiero
#1056 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 1:51:26 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

Why Kenol (KK)?

There is a reason why I am only holding one share.. Recent results of erstwhile blue chips such as BAMB, EABL, NMG sends a chilling message. You know I have seen some of the best days with select counters at the NSE. For now, I lack trust in the two men. The economy simply isn't doing well and with the huge big 4 expenditures lined up, I have no faith that a rally will be seen at the NSE soon

sparkly
#1057 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 2:49:36 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

Why Kenol (KK)?

There is a reason why I am only holding one share.. Recent results of erstwhile blue chips such as BAMB, EABL, NMG sends a chilling message. You know I have seen some of the best days with select counters at the NSE. For now, I lack trust in the two men. The economy simply isn't doing well and with the huge big 4 expenditures lined up, I have no faith that a rally will be seen at the NSE soon

We like them cheap.

Just added some more NMG at 85 today. Using profits from ARM and Equity.
Life is short. Live passionately.
lochaz-index
#1058 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 10:55:32 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

Why Kenol (KK)?

Big four is/was DOA. That said, it is a sad state of affairs.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
obiero
#1059 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2018 11:32:36 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
THE EXCHANGE BAR BELIEVES THE FOLLOWING STOCKS TO BE ON CLOSE WATCH AS AT 30.08.2018 arm, bamburi, barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cargeneral, centum, crown, deacons, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, ftg, hf, home afrika, kapch, keno, kenre, kurwitu, mumias, nbk, nic, olympia, sameer, uchumi, unga, umeme

Why Kenol (KK)?

Big four is/was DOA. That said, it is a sad state of affairs.

Kenol Kobil is toast.. Victim of circumstance

obiero
#1060 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2018 11:43:45 PM

THE EXCHANGE BAR BELIEVES THE FOLLOWING STOCKS TO BE ON CLOSE WATCH AS AT 05.09.18
arm, death by debt
bamburi, economic downturn
barclays, rebirth pangs
britam, securities collapse
cables, death by debt
carbacid, chinese competition
cargeneral, economic downturn
centum, founding father
crown, wild swings
deacons, mrp rip
eabl, economic downturn
eapc, scandalous scandal