STOCKS TO SELL by yaserbigchair
littledove
#961 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 9:54:46 AM

obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
THE EXCHANGE BAR BELIEVES THE FOLLOWING STOCKS TO BE ON CLOSE WATCH.

stocks to trade with eyes wide open 17.04.2018: arm, bamburi, barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cargeneral, centum, crown, deacons, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, ftg, home afrika, i&m, kapch, keno, kenre, kurwitu, mumias, nbk, olympia, sameer, scbk, uchumi, unga, umeme

As price declines continue;the boss of the NSE says this year we will clock 4,000 points on the 25 share index

Did ARM release the full year results after their profit warning?

They are still cooking the books

ARM is one of the listed companies with high level of clean corporate governance. It is unlikely that they are book cookers, since they have always laid bare their issues and the results have been in tandem

good to hear a second opinion from an elder, i trust the management despite the predicaments and im slowly accumulating arm.
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
littledove
#962 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 9:56:27 AM

obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

stocks to trade with eyes wide open 17.04.2018: arm, bamburi, barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cargeneral, centum, crown, deacons, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, ftg, home afrika, i&m, kapch, keno, kenre, kurwitu, mumias, nbk, olympia, sameer, scbk, uchumi, unga, umeme

As price declines continue;the boss of the NSE says this year we will clock 4,000 points on the 25 share index

ARM is one of the listed companies with high level of clean corporate governance. It is unlikely that they are book cookers, since they have always laid bare their issues and the results have been in tandem

There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
VituVingiSana
#963 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 12:32:41 AM

obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

When did Pradeep send a pick-up of cement to your boma?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#964 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 12:41:32 AM

What's Victoria Bank doing right?
Victoria Bank keeps bad loans at zero per cent
https://www.businessdail...89664-8ppgqq/index.html

Of course, their lending criteria could be very selective [less risky] so their model would not scale up.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#965 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 6:56:20 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

Falsification of books aids no one.. If it's a loss call it a loss

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Juojo
#966 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 9:03:14 AM

littledove wrote:
obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

good to hear a second opinion from an elder, i trust the management despite the predicaments and im slowly accumulating arm.

without full info.Have you talked to an auditor who has ever been involved in their audit? Shame on you Shame on you
I hear guys have not been paid for like 4 months. That's how Nakumatt started. We shall revisit.
Happiness is not the absence of problems, It's the ability to deal with them
Juojo
#967 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 9:06:55 AM

littledove wrote:
obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

Even elders can get it wrong without full info.Have you talked to an auditor who has ever been involved in their audit? Shame on you Shame on you
I hear guys have not been paid for like 4 months. That's how Nakumatt started. We shall revisit.
Juojo
#968 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 9:13:11 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

Falsification of books aids no one.. If it's a loss call it a loss

Very true.

"The TRUTH will set you free, but only after it is finished with you"
xxxxx
#969 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 9:34:15 AM

obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

I doubt this.

i) Any company that issues a profit warning for the year ended 31 December 2017 in March 2018 can not have high corporate governance. For Christ's sake, the market is expecting audited results in March.

ii) The fact that ARM always reports in the last week of April should tickle your opinion of their corporate governance especially since they are not subject to prior approval from an industry line regulator such as Insurance companies and or banks. In fact if you recall, Bamburi has almost always traditionally reported within 2 months of year end (for full year) as well half year. So what's different with ARM Cement? Heck BAT even used to report within 1 month of period end (included audited financial statements).

If your assertion is true, then there must be something special about ARM's business that makes financial reporting not so straight forward. I am tempted to concur with the "cooking the books" theory.
Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

obiero
#970 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 9:54:24 AM

xxxxx wrote:
obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

I doubt this.

i) Any company that issues a profit warning for the year ended 31 December 2017 in March 2018 can not have high corporate governance. For Christ's sake, the market is expecting audited results in March.

ii) The fact that ARM always reports in the last week of April should tickle your opinion of their corporate governance especially since they are not subject to prior approval from an industry line regulator such as Insurance companies and or banks. In fact if you recall, Bamburi has almost always traditionally reported within 2 months of year end (for full year) as well half year. So what's different with ARM Cement? Heck BAT even used to report within 1 month of period end (included audited financial statements).

If your assertion is true, then there must be something special about ARM's business that makes financial reporting not so straight forward. I am tempted to concur with the "cooking the books" theory.
Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

The firm already stated that they expect an increased loss position in excess of KES 3.5B up from KES 2.8B, what exactly is there to cook here https://www.nation.co.ke...338540-c0gr4o/index.html

kaimbaga2012
#971 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 10:09:14 AM

Based on the ongoing results announcements. What shares can wazuans recommend one to buy.
obiero
#972 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 10:12:46 AM

Juojo wrote:
littledove wrote:
obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

Even elders can get it wrong without full info.Have you talked to an auditor who has ever been involved in their audit? Shame on you Shame on you

The information held by some wazuans could be life saving! Not all India-linked firms are like Nakumatt and even then Nakumatt was not purely India-linked as the 'boss' held a massive stake both directly and indirectly.. Now, CEO of ARM Pradeep Panaurana holds 18% of the company stock with his family owning a further 28% of the company via Amanat Investments Limited.. The value of his personal sweat into the company once stood at +15B and is now lower than KES 3B with the guy having sold no single share but rather added some more via ESOP last year, this is a man with no motive to cook books since he stands to loose more than he would gain were the company to crumble https://www.standardmedi...as-left-pradeep-in-tears

Fyatu
#973 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 11:24:29 AM

obiero wrote:

A huge chunk of these bandia firms are yet to post FY2017 results. Yet firms in wallstreet are already posting Q1 results and when Trump says we are in a shithole we storm twitter with kizungu nyingi
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
obiero
#974 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 11:27:12 AM

Fyatu wrote:
obiero wrote:

A huge chunk of these bandia firms are yet to post FY2017 results. Yet firms in wallstreet are already posting Q1 results and when Trump says we are in a shithole we storm twitter with kizungu nyingi

In defense of the African, we got independence fairly recently smile

obiero
#975 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 9:47:34 AM

obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
obiero wrote:

Boom! Centum profit warning. Ignore exchange bar information at own peril https://www.businessdail...555482-39j90r/index.html

Ericsson
#976 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 11:42:49 AM

obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
[quote=obiero]THE EXCHANGE BAR BELIEVES THE FOLLOWING STOCKS TO BE ON CLOSE WATCH.

Boom! Centum profit warning. Ignore exchange bar information at own peril https://www.businessdail...55482-39j90r/index.html[/quote]

@Obiero
Please talk to mzee vvs.
This news he is immune to it and will be screwed again
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Spikes
#977 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 12:06:23 PM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
[quote=obiero]THE EXCHANGE BAR BELIEVES THE FOLLOWING STOCKS TO BE ON CLOSE WATCH.

Boom! Centum profit warning. Ignore exchange bar information at own peril https://www.businessdail...55482-39j90r/index.html[/quote]

@Obiero
Please talk to mzee vvs.

YOU should also include/introduce exchange bar for cryptocurrency. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#978 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 12:19:00 PM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
obiero wrote:

Boom! Centum profit warning. Ignore exchange bar information at own peril https://www.businessdail...55482-39j90r/index.html

@Obiero
Please talk to mzee vvs.

@ericsson old dogs do not learn new tricks.. our dear mzee @vvs is solidly in his chosen ways of risk aversion. let us let him to be

VituVingiSana
#979 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 12:51:49 PM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
obiero wrote:

Boom! Centum profit warning. Ignore exchange bar information at own peril https://www.businessdail...55482-39j90r/index.html

@Obiero
Please talk to mzee vvs.

@ericsson old dogs do not learn new tricks.. our dear mzee @vvs is solidly in his chosen ways of risk aversion. let us let him to be

I thought I was taking on more risk with Centum! d'oh!

BH - Both WB and CM are "ancient" [but they remain super-sharp] and there is a succession plan.

So does Centum have a succession plan?

The biggest short-term risk I see to Centum is the health of DJ CK. If the business (forget the share price for now) can move on - there must be a plan in place - then we are all good.

Look at KK. It survived Segman's mismanagement and Biwott's exit thanks to the deft management of Ohana.
Can Mworia guide Centum through the eventual departure of DJ CK?

Share price - DJ CK's exit may disrupt the share price. Then there is the potential sale of his 30% by members of his family (PK Jani's family didn't wait long before selling off their Mzee's ma-millions of CFC shares to Stanbic!] which can depress the price.

IF the BUSINESS is well-run, then things will calm down and the price can rally...
sparkly
#980 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 1:20:47 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
obiero wrote:

@Obiero
Please talk to mzee vvs.

I thought I was taking on more risk with Centum! d'oh!

BH - Both WB and CM are "ancient" [but they remain super-sharp] and there is a succession plan.

So does Centum have a succession plan?

The biggest short-term risk I see to Centum is the health of DJ CK. If the business (forget the share price for now) can move on - there must be a plan in place - then we are all good.

Look at KK. It survived Segman's mismanagement and Biwott's exit thanks to the deft management of Ohana.
Can Mworia guide Centum through the eventual departure of DJ CK?

Share price - DJ CK's exit may disrupt the share price. Then there is the potential sale of his 30% by members of his family (PK Jani's family didn't wait long before selling off their Mzee's ma-millions of CFC shares to Stanbic!] which can depress the price.

IF the BUSINESS is well-run, then things will calm down and the price can rally...

Centum thrives due to the GOK connection (through ICDC).

In addition, they have done well since they started hiring young, professional and dynamic management like Peter Mwangi, James Mworia and Fred Ngare to match the mature wise counsel available at the Board level.
Life is short. Live passionately.