obiero
#941 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 7:02:42 PM

obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
There is a sister thread called "stocks to buy".it should be activated to bring balance.

@ebenyo Any stock not on this thread should ideally be on the buy list, ama namna gani??

the problem is that our personal tests differ.for example i like carbacid because of 1.current profit margin of 51%
2.Positive cash flow currently at kshs 605,165,000
3.Equity over assets ratio of 92%
Surely how can you advise someone to sell such a stock with those dimensions.Instead its a buy and hold for me.

Personal tastes or not, BOC and Carbacid are no longer viable businesses in their current form http://www.businessdaily...8354-ascmhiz/index.html

Gas cylinders and carbon are still relevant.Most beverages requires carbon.How will cocacola test without carbon?
Oxgen cylinders are still needed in hospitals.
I blame BOC for underhand tactics to destroy carbacid.Its nice that they are also facing it tough.
And the state of our economy is also not good.Most busineses are straining.

The cylinder has little value.. It's the gas carbon fizz that is on sale and the Chinese are bringing it here by the bucket loads

The warning was issued

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#942 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 7:07:44 PM

jerry wrote:
obiero wrote:
tmatekwa wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
jerry wrote:
obiero wrote:
stocks to avoid 16.11.15: transcentury, sameer, britam, eveready, express, marshalls, olympia, carbacid, eabl, eapc, cables, mumias, home afrika, kq, tpsea, kurwitu, uchumi, stanchart, cfcstanbic, nbk, umeme

What's wrong with Carbacid and Umeme??

Both firms are not growing.. Carbacid actually announced a 6% dip in profits a few months back

your argument on this two firms is very weak,infant the nature of their businesses has great future

Thanks for the keen observation on weak nature of the argument. Now, have you ever been to Uganda. What is the percentage of homes on the grid. Secondly, are you aware Hongbaolai Group of China is shipping in the raw product for carbonated drinks and has been contracted by Almasi Beverages, hence cutting out both BOC and Carbacid..

ouch....I had high hopes on carbacid..

Ua hopes should never be killed by another investor. this is js additional information for you to digest. The journey towards financial success is a very personal one
'
Thank you all for your timely contributions. I agree with @Obiero on most of his points apart from "journey towards financial success is a very personal one". The success is influenced by other players like Wazua!

@mlennyma almost led the clueless astray but thank God for @obiero https://live.mystocks.co.ke/stock=CARB

obiero
#943 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 7:55:31 AM

Umeme PBT UGX 35.4m for 2017 against UGX 138.8 for 2016. Ignore @yasser at own peril

obiero
#944 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2018 5:48:14 PM

THE EXCHANGE BAR BELIEVES THE FOLLOWING STOCKS TO BE ON CLOSE WATCH.

stocks to trade with eyes wide open 04.04.2018: arm, bamburi, barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cargeneral, centum, crown, deacons, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, ftg, home afrika, i&m, kapch, keno, kenre, kurwitu, mumias, nbk, nic, olympia, sameer, scbk, tpsea, uchumi, unga, umeme

Ebenyo
#945 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2018 7:53:21 PM

obiero wrote:

stocks to trade with eyes wide open 04.04.2018: arm, bamburi, barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cargeneral, centum, crown, deacons, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, ftg, home afrika, i&m, kapch, keno, kenre, kurwitu, mumias, nbk, nic, olympia, sameer, scbk, tpsea, uchumi, unga, umeme

Carbacid,kenol and kenre-These are in my portfolio and i have my own reasons which im comfortable with.
Watch list for future replacements-Bamburi,tpsea and centum.
Question mark on bamburi and centum while im waiting for tpsea results for scrutiny.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
obiero
#946 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2018 7:59:45 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:

Carbacid,kenol and kenre-These are in my portfolio and i have my own reasons which im comfortable with.
Question mark on bamburi and centum while im waiting for tpsea results for scrutiny.

To each his own, right? There’s no single path to financial freedom.. All the best in your investment journey

Ebenyo
#947 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2018 12:20:59 AM

obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:

To each his own, right? There’s no single path to financial freedom.. All the best in your investment journey

The spirit of wazua is to share and learn from one another.I very much subscribe to that vision.
Carbacid-Their investments in financial market will take time.It needs an investor with long term horizon.
Kenre-there is no company which is 100% perfect.The weakness here is Gok chaos which we are all familiar with.As long as you vote during general elections,you will have opportunity to choose the right people.
kenol-i like the ownership structure which is spread.
This is unlikeTotal kenya which is controlled from France by Total outermer which owns 93% percent.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
obiero
#948 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2018 6:55:21 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:

The spirit of wazua is to share and learn from one another.I very much subscribe to that vision.
Carbacid-Their investments in financial market will take time.It needs an investor with long term horizon.
Kenre-there is no company which is 100% perfect.The weakness here is Gok chaos which we are all familiar with.As long as you vote during general elections,you will have opportunity to choose the right people.
This is unlikeTotal kenya which is controlled from France by Total outermer which owns 93% percent.

The voting you refer to at AGM meetings is null and void unless you have over 5% shareholding as an individual in any of the listed firms

winmak
#949 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2018 7:34:37 AM

obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:

The voting you refer to at AGM meetings is null and void unless you have over 5% shareholding as an individual in any of the listed firms

I believe he refers to ile kubwa ya akina kamwana na arap mashamba
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
obiero
#950 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2018 7:37:24 AM

winmak wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:

I believe he refers to ile kubwa ya akina kamwana na arap mashamba

If that's the case, then OK

obiero
#951 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 10:52:34 AM

stocks to trade with eyes wide open 17.04.2018: arm, bamburi, barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cargeneral, centum, crown, deacons, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, ftg, home afrika, i&m, kapch, keno, kenre, kurwitu, mumias, nbk, olympia, sameer, scbk, uchumi, unga, umeme

Ericsson
#952 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 1:41:02 PM

obiero wrote:

stocks to trade with eyes wide open 17.04.2018: arm, bamburi, barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cargeneral, centum, crown, deacons, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, ftg, home afrika, i&m, kapch, keno, kenre, kurwitu, mumias, nbk, olympia, sameer, scbk, uchumi, unga, umeme

As price declines continue;the boss of the NSE says this year we will clock 4,000 points on the 25 share index
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Angelica _ann
#953 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 1:45:56 PM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

As price declines continue;the boss of the NSE says this year we will clock 4,000 points on the 25 share index

Did ARM release the full year results after their profit warning?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#954 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 2:08:59 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

Not yet released
Ericsson
#955 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 6:55:54 PM

https://www.standardmedi...nd-in-bourse-s-fortunes

Ericsson
#956 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 11:58:45 AM

tranny at 4.75,ARM at 7.50
The stock market is indeed ruthless
sparkly
#957 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 12:17:31 PM

Ericsson wrote:

Yester darlings of the stock market.

To think that CDC bought ARM at 40 bob per share.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Fyatu
#958 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 12:19:01 PM

Ericsson wrote:

Hujuma hii....I am glad i cut my losses here and fled long ago
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Fyatu
#959 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 12:20:32 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

They are still cooking the books
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
obiero
#960 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:39:15 AM

Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

They are still cooking the books

ARM is one of the listed companies with high level of clean corporate governance. It is unlikely that they are book cookers, since they have always laid bare their issues and the results have been in tandem