Impunity
#681 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 10:44:21 AM

lochaes wrote:
streetwise wrote:
And why is BBK gaining when all other banks are crashing dowards

maybe its the interim dividend

Schupid wanjikus.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Sober
#682 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 10:59:39 AM

lochaes wrote:
streetwise wrote:

and Standard Chartered Bank records 9% gain to print 207.00
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
VituVingiSana
#683 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 10:40:33 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@Spikes
NSSF kenya also sold out their stake in equity bank.
They didn't hold it for long.NSSF Uganda are the ones still holding their stake

http://www.businessdaily...4864-12qjdj8/index.html

According to this article NSSF Kenya also bought Equity shares at a 10% premium to the market at 52/- which is 2x today's price. d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#684 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 10:44:42 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@VVS
I was just clarifying to spikes that NSSF no longer have a stake in equity not whether NSSF managers really care

http://www.businessdaily...4864-12qjdj8/index.html

Mr Mwangi also disclosed additional institutional investors who took up stakes sold by Helios, which are Investec, African Alliance and Renaissance Capital.

These are additional to the already known buyers of the Helios stake— Norfund and NorFinance, NSSF Kenya, NSSF Uganda and Genesis Investment LLP, whose investments had been disclosed earlier.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#685 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 11:28:33 PM

@VVS
Wacha mabishano mingi.
Go read the annual report of Equity Bank for the financial year 2015 and look at the shareholders list.
Look if you will see NSSF Kenya's among the list then come and comment.
Commenting with an article that is already stale news doesn't help.Business daily ni ya kufunga nyama na kuwasha jiko.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Angelica _ann
#686 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 11:41:37 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@VVS
Wacha mabishano mingi.
Go read the annual report of Equity Bank for the financial year 2015 and look at the shareholders list.
Look if you will see NSSF Kenya's among the list then come and comment.
Commenting with an article that is already stale news doesn't help.Business daily ni ya kufunga nyama na kuwasha jiko.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
muandiwambeu
#687 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 12:29:53 AM

Impunity wrote:
lochaes wrote:
streetwise wrote:

Schupid wanjikus.

virtually by my natural instincts, Wanjiku amezoea. utado.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
obiero
#688 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2016 10:40:43 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
bartum wrote:
enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:
[quote=obiero]stocks to avoid 25.03.16: transcentury, sameer, britam, eveready, express, marshalls, olympia, carbacid, eabl, eapc, cables, mumias, home afrika, kq, tpsea, kurwitu, uchumi, stanchart, cfcstanbic, nbk, umeme

Still asking WHY? Did you give an answer last time?

People will drink, the govt will fight illicit making eabl be king, keroche is taken care of by KRA ,so question is why??

Why eabl, and the senetor keg now in full supply,i see daily pick-ups full of those drums

Good company, expensive price.

You will still hear someone ask why NBK, why CABL.. The writing is on the wall

see now, supplier power at EABL ala Porter's five decrees http://www.businessdaily.../-/ya9owdz/-/index.html[/quote]
news just in.. the suppliers have won the case against EABL. Lower margin of profit expected unless prices are increased
Bullshit.

why are you calling out your wife's name
Coz she is your sister. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

really? then I must be your father, coz I have been with your mother

@Obiero - You are all talk no action. You can't even get up (your defenses) yet resort to bragging and insults.

Oh, well... don't forget the 100,000/- donation towards a charity I choose. Bye.

EABL is in trouble..

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
instinct
#689 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2016 12:52:27 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
mnandii wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
More to join. Exercise Caution!!!

mkate_nusu wrote:
To be added to the list.

obiero wrote:

stocks to avoid 11.08.16: atlas, barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cfcstanbic, cic, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, home afrika, hfck, kurwitu, kq, marshalls, mumias, nbk, olympia, sameer, stanchart, tpsea,transcentury, uchumi, umeme

arm, scangroup, ftgh, nic, coop, cargeneral, orchards, nbv, nse, deacons

Avoid ALL stocks!

KenyaRe especially

Agreed! I want it to fall to 10/- coz @VVS is waiting in the wings!

Once all is said and done, the surest way to tell which stocks to buy is the level of dividend payout. Everything else is vanity! (Instinct, 2016)
VituVingiSana
#690 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2016 1:13:27 PM

instinct wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
mnandii wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:

mkate_nusu wrote:
To be added to the list.

obiero wrote:

stocks to avoid 11.08.16: atlas, barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cfcstanbic, cic, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, home afrika, hfck, kurwitu, kq, marshalls, mumias, nbk, olympia, sameer, stanchart, tpsea,transcentury, uchumi, umeme

Avoid ALL stocks!

KenyaRe especially

Once all is said and done, the surest way to tell which stocks to buy is the level of dividend payout. Everything else is vanity! (Instinct, 2016)

I expect 80-100 cents/share from KenRe. And I am quite content with that. KenRe has 16bn in cash & near-cash [GoK Bonds & FDRs]. If anything, if KenRe were to be wound up, I would get the entire "share price" in cash!
instinct
#691 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2016 1:19:15 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
instinct wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
mnandii wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:

mkate_nusu wrote:
To be added to the list.

obiero wrote:

Avoid ALL stocks!

KenyaRe especially

I expect 80-100 cents/share from KenRe. And I am quite content with that. KenRe has 16bn in cash & near-cash [GoK Bonds & FDRs]. If anything, if KenRe were to be wound up, I would get the entire "share price" in cash!

Exactly!
obiero
#692 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2016 9:08:50 AM

stocks to avoid 07.09.16: atlas, barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cargeneral, cic, deacons, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, home afrika, hfck, kenre, kurwitu, marshalls, mumias, nbk, nic, olympia, sameer, stanchart, tpsea,transcentury, uchumi, umeme

mlennyma
#693 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2016 9:12:33 AM

obiero wrote:
stocks to avoid 07.09.16: atlas, barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cargeneral, cfcstanbic, cic, deacons, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, home afrika, hfck, kurwitu, marshalls, mumias, nbk, nic, olympia, sameer, stanchart, tpsea,transcentury, uchumi, umeme

to avoid is a harsh word,i think the best word to me would be "stocks to trade cautiously "transcentury has gained kitu 30% ...if you can hit a jackpot in a stock and exit quickly you are in business
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Angelica _ann
#694 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2016 9:12:40 AM

obiero wrote:
stocks to avoid 07.09.16: atlas, barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cargeneral, cfcstanbic, cic, deacons, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, home afrika, hfck, kenre, kurwitu, marshalls, mumias, nbk, nic, olympia, sameer, stanchart, tpsea,transcentury, uchumi, umeme

Reason why?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#695 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2016 9:16:23 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
stocks to trade cautiously 07.09.16: atlas, barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cargeneral, cic, deacons, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, home afrika, hfck, kenre, kurwitu, marshalls, mumias, nbk, nic, olympia, sameer, stanchart, tpsea,transcentury, uchumi, umeme

Reason why?

Their goose is cooked.. The capped lending will require mass branch network for economy of scale.. Only banks with 130 branches or more shall adapt with ease. Plus the bank has no County accounts, zero!! Cheap funding shall be elusive for this bank and all others that do not fit in the listed criteria

sparkly
#696 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2016 3:42:13 PM

obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
stocks to trade cautiously 07.09.16: atlas, barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cargeneral, cic, deacons, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, home afrika, hfck, kenre, kurwitu, marshalls, mumias, nbk, nic, olympia, sameer, stanchart, tpsea,transcentury, uchumi, umeme

Reason why?

Their goose is cooked.. The capped lending will require mass branch network for economy of scale.. Only banks with 130 branches or more shall adapt with ease. Plus the bank has no County accounts, zero!! Cheap funding shall be elusive for this bank and all others that do not fit in the listed criteria

Some of these banks have forever been paying +7% on select fixed deposits. What is really going to change?
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#697 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2016 7:22:06 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:

Reason why?

Some of these banks have forever been paying +7% on select fixed deposits. What is really going to change?

The spread.. +7% as a minimum isn't low

obiero
#698 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2016 10:03:38 PM

stocks to trade cautiously 17.10.16: atlas, barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cargeneral, cic, deacons, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, home afrika, hfck, kenre, kurwitu, marshalls, mumias, nbk, nic, olympia, sameer, stanchart, tpsea,transcentury, uchumi, umeme

Metch
#699 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:35:48 AM

obiero wrote:
stocks to trade cautiously 17.10.16: atlas, barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cargeneral, cic, deacons, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, home afrika, hfck, kenre, kurwitu, marshalls, mumias, nbk, nic, olympia, sameer, stanchart, tpsea,transcentury, uchumi, umeme

I've read 3 times. No KQ?
Start!
Angelica _ann
#700 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:37:07 AM

Metch wrote:
obiero wrote:

I've read 3 times. No KQ?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly