wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

61 Pages<12345>»
STOCKS TO SELL by yaserbigchair
YOUNG ECONOMST
#41 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 12:20:02 PM

If the stir this this guy has on this forum gets replicated on the market come tommorow, i have no comment.Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray
The emotions on this thread shows exactly what drives our Nse.

"The opportunity of a lifetime must be seized during the lifetime of the opportunity."
innovator
#42 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 12:37:29 PM

Genius people don't praise themselves, if its Paul the octopus then i have got no comment.
jerry
#43 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 12:49:38 PM

@ybchair, Do you've info (insider!) on how the gov will behave regarding their rights?
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
yaserbigchair
#44 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 12:57:20 PM

@Innovator... Someone last time called me by that name... anyway... I am not genius :p

Paul the Octopus! as you mean the world cup thing? hahaha you made my day.

Anyway its time for me to go pray... and go out with my wife!

See you guys next time I log in and lets see what happened!

for those I have replied take my word for those I haven't put yourselves in my position and act as I tell you.

I am NOT A BROKER OR MANIPULATOR! I am an Investor like you guys and I want us to make money in this market.

BROKERS,DIRECTORS,INVESTMENT BANKS etc etc ARE MAKING A FORTUNE HERE.

MY QUESTION IS: WHY...NOT...US???

THANK YOU GUYS, AND BE BLESSED!
Sound that I love most: Is the ringing bell of Stock Market.
teletalk
#45 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:41:20 PM

this a sawa thread for newbie likes us wanting to learn the trade and invest. i believe knwledge is power. besides the stock yaser mentioned, wht are the counters to get involved for the next quarter?
Horton
#46 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 3:19:31 PM

Where are all these "heroes" when the Market is on bear mode??
youcan'tstopusnow
#47 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 3:30:32 PM

Horton wrote:

Apparently they were riding gold
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
kyt
#48 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 3:48:02 PM

going by the last splits that have occured in the NSE, it is clearly evident that ALL stocks fall after a split
cables split at 76 now it is 20 or somewhere there
equity split was at 30 shillings now it is 26-27 this is after lows of 15
barclays split at 75 now it is 63, after lows of 50
KCB split at 25 now it is 21-22, after lows of 17.
mumias did a bonus at 14 bob now it is 9-10, never mind it hit 14 sometime back
correct me if am wrong but i also think rea vipingo and city trust also did a split and they are now trading below their split prices
what makes you think KPLC will not go below the split price? further, there is a rights issue, more shares.
may be, jusy may be @ yasser is right.Think Think Think Think
habari ndio hiyo!
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
YOUNG ECONOMST
#49 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 3:52:07 PM

kyt wrote:
going by the last splits that have occured in the NSE, it is clearly evident that ALL stocks fall after a split
correct me if am wrong but i also think rea vipingo and city trust also did a split and they are now trading below their split prices
what makes you think KPLC will not go below the split price? further, there is a rights issue, more shares.
habari ndio hiyo!

Food for thought. No comment.

"The opportunity of a lifetime must be seized during the lifetime of the opportunity."
shauriyako
#50 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 4:35:22 PM

@all
If u had lots of cash to put in stocks and had placed an order for KPLC at sub 19 bob would you not want to create a scare in pple, and hope for a herd mentality to push figures down to your reach. You the pick up all you can before pple realise what's going on & come trooping back in to push figures up so you exit say at 25?
@ kitikubwa I think no one will sell rather guys will loadup to ride on the obvious gains to be made btn the rights price & when figures stabilise in March/April. Put differently we will call ur bluff!!!
When we wake up in the morning, we have two simple choices. Go back to sleep and dream, or wake up and chase those dreams. The choice is yours! .
kyukkamba
#51 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 4:57:48 PM

kyt wrote:
habari ndio hiyo!

Guru where r u?? Hii ni habari kwely?Eh?
Ni Uhuru wa Mbesha...Niguo kana tiguo?
kyukkamba
#52 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 5:03:28 PM

shauriyako wrote:
@all
If u had lots of cash to put in stocks and had placed an order for KPLC at sub 19 bob would you not want to create a scare in pple, and hope for a herd mentality to push figures down to your reach. You the pick up all you can before pple realise what's going on & come trooping back in to push figures up so you exit say at 25?
@ kitikubwa I think no one will sell rather guys will loadup to ride on the obvious gains to be made btn the rights price & when figures stabilise in March/April. Put differently we will call ur bluff!!!

do u realy think if ALL the Wazurians decide to dump their KPLC shares the price will move an inch?? I don't think so...wale wako na pesa..akina "Guthunguri" don't care what we talk here. They sneez and we go flued and when they Flue Sad ...Utajaza...
Ni Uhuru wa Mbesha...Niguo kana tiguo?
shauriyako
#53 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 5:14:47 PM

@kyukkamba If u think all of Wazua, their friends & family plus the coming rights then yes and not just an inch maybe two. Pple share info .....
When we wake up in the morning, we have two simple choices. Go back to sleep and dream, or wake up and chase those dreams. The choice is yours! .
sparkly
#54 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 7:20:58 PM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
Horton wrote:

Apparently they were riding gold

lol how easily we forget that the market is a voting machine in the short term but a weighing machine in the long term.
Life is short. Live passionately.
mwanahisa
#55 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 7:34:12 PM

Sparkly, you have said it the way it needed to be said. YBC is not the only person to have predicted a fall in the price of KPLC and some of us are on record here unlike his whispers to his uncle which he cannot corroborate. And one did not need a crystal ball to anticipate a fall in the price of KPLC. It was actually fairly obvious. All big rights issues tend to cause a fall in the price of the underlying share.

As to the other counters he has picked, you do not need to be a genius to see that the likes of Marshalls, EA Cables and Access, which have all reported a poor run of results are going nowhere. Total is heavily debt-ridden on account of their Chevron purchase, so it will stagnate for a while. The others Berger and Car & General suffer from low liquidity (especially the latter)and hence do not attract much attention, hence it is easy to push them down or force them up. Incidentally, I rate Car & General as a buy for whoever can hold out long enough. Certainly not for short-term investors.

I however commend YBC on his calls on KPLC and KenGen. At least, on these there's sufficient liquidity. His calls on these will be a true test of his predicting skills. KenGen has been fairly volatile so I would bet that it will continue to trade between 15.50 and 18 in the run-up to H1 results, so I would sell at the 17 shillings range. I however bet it will be higher in January, so I would pick it up again at a lower price.

On KPLC, I think YBC is going to get roasted. I would however be happy if he is right. He has just managed to put in enough doubt on some folks which will give us a chance to load up on it.

YBC, you are now on record, so we are watching you. If that was your aim you have certainly been succesful.
mlennyma
#56 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 8:06:59 PM

Guys are still optimistic and we lost over 50 points on friday
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
mwanahisa
#57 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 8:41:00 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Guys are still optimistic and we lost over 50 points on friday

YES, we are still optimistic. Most of the drop was due to the fall in KPLC, which was expected so I would not worry about it. The drop in KPLC infected other counters. I am looking beyond December.
alustaadh
#58 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 9:03:43 PM

I bought NIC pre split. Then participated in the rights issue. then came the PEV, followed by the world wide economic crisis. the greek crisis. . . . it was only recently that I broke even. . . from that time, I only buy six months after such splits or rights, even so after satisfactory Q1 and Q2 results.
It is humiliating to be associated with thieves and murderers.
qw25041985
#59 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 9:07:42 PM

@ mlennyma . the 50 points drop on the index wasnt i repeat WASNOT because of fundermentals.Thats is companies doin poorly but it was because of the European debt crisis that started w/ the Greece indebtness.So if i were you i would gather my finances and start picking some counters that are sellin cheap now....
@mwanahisa . i also share your foresight.itsnt about December but mid next year the least //////
Your future depends on your dreams so go to sleep !
Aguytrying
#60 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 9:20:04 PM

quite a stir here. I will proceed as i had planned, and get even more kplc if indeed the price does go lower as predicted( though i highly doubt)
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself