wazua Sat, Sep 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Mpesa Upgrade this weekend
Sober
#1 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 8:44:29 AM

make all the transactions today or wait untill monday.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Impunity
#2 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 8:49:07 AM

Sober wrote:

Whay cant they do the upgrade at midnight and in phases?
Imagine a whole weekend bila pesa mkononi!
Sad Sad
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Sober
#3 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 8:53:46 AM

Impunity wrote:
Sober wrote:

Sad Sad

they claim it needs 36 hours to do it. for once this giant company has found itself lagging behind and now they have to beat Orange in terms of money transfer platform.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
chris79
#4 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 8:59:56 AM

Sober wrote:
for once this giant company has found itself lagging behind and now they have to beat Orange in terms of money transfer platform.

sparkly
#5 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 9:00:51 AM

Sober wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Sober wrote:

Sad Sad

they claim it needs 36 hours to do it. for once this giant company has found itself lagging behind and now they have to beat Orange in terms of money transfer platform.

hope they introduce phonebook support coz thats what users have been screaming for
Life is short. Live passionately.
chris79
#6 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 9:01:40 AM

Sober wrote:
for once this giant company has found itself lagging behind and now they have to beat Orange in terms of money transfer platform.

How many customers has Orange taken on board since the launch of Orange Money to back up this claim?
Caveman
#7 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 9:25:58 AM

chris79 wrote:
[quote=Sober] for once this giant company has found itself lagging behind and now they have to beat Orange in terms of money transfer platform.

This is a mere wish.This upgrade had been planned even before Orange launched theirs. There is nothing to compare between Mpesa and Orange money.
K22
#8 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 12:14:47 PM

sparkly wrote:
Sober wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Sober wrote:

Sad Sad

hope they introduce phonebook support coz thats what users have been screaming for

I thought the phonebook support is already in place... the new SiM cards are out for 100/- upgraded mine last week....

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man
kenmac
#9 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2010 10:14:28 AM

K22 wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Sober wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Sober wrote:

Sad Sad

I thought the phonebook support is already in place... the new SiM cards are out for 100/- upgraded mine last week....

......Ecclesiastes
kenmac
#10 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2010 10:24:05 AM

>> Proclivity...natural or habitual inclination or tendency; propensity; predisposition.

>> Bovine...pertaining to cattle, buffalo or kudus. Cowlike or Oxlike...dull

>> Cranial...of or pertaining to the cranium or skull

>> Rumination...a) to chew the cud as a ruminant; To meditate or muse about; Ponder; To chew again and again.
......Ecclesiastes
Gordon Gekko
#11 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2010 11:49:34 AM

Just replaced my sim card. I can't test the phone support till Monday. I just hope it will pick numbers in the phone book on the phone, and not the sim as I don't store my numbers on the sim. And it cost me ksh 50, not ksh 100 as stated above. My only challenge now is to remember the start key for Mpesa...
bkismat
#12 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2010 12:18:11 PM

kenmac wrote:
>> Proclivity...natural or habitual inclination or tendency; propensity; predisposition.

>> Bovine...pertaining to cattle, buffalo or kudus. Cowlike or Oxlike...dull

>> Cranial...of or pertaining to the cranium or skull

>> Rumination...a) to chew the cud as a ruminant; To meditate or muse about; Ponder; To chew again and again.

?????????Sad
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
Gordon Gekko
#13 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2010 7:14:13 PM

Just been playing with my new sim card, with expensive, nay disastrous results.
There is a new menu called M-Banking, and it lists a menu of all banks connected to the Mpesa system.
Each time I went to any of the banks listed, Scon docked me ksh 5, more than even their sms' that are delivered coated in gold (what else given that obscene 3/50 charge). This is worse than Citizens con 2929!!!
Sober
#14 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2010 7:53:18 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
Just replaced my sim card. I can't test the phone support till Monday. I just hope it will pick numbers in the phone book on the phone, and not the sim as I don't store my numbers on the sim. And it cost me ksh 50, not ksh 100 as stated above. My only challenge now is to remember the start key for Mpesa...

when Mpesa was launched, i replaced my old sim card (black) to the current green one to use the service and it was free.
how comes they are charging us to have an upgraded System yet we never requested for it
Sober
#15 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2010 7:57:31 PM

Caveman wrote:
chris79 wrote:
[quote=Sober] for once this giant company has found itself lagging behind and now they have to beat Orange in terms of money transfer platform.

This is a mere wish.This upgrade had been planned even before Orange launched theirs. There is nothing to compare between Mpesa and Orange money.

one can transact upto 100k with iko money yer only athird of that with mpesa.
KenyanLyrics
#16 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2010 8:41:34 PM

Watch Safaricom come out with features that have been on the Zap platform for years and market them aggressively to the wonderment of their herd.

ALL NEW PHONEBOOK SYSTEM!!!

E-MAIL INTEGRATION!!!

BANK SELECTOR!!!

Yet another Kencell/Celtel/Zain/Airtel marketing fail
Jus Blazin
#17 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 8:08:59 PM

The problem with Kenyans; a service provider upgrades the system to facilitate more transactions, improve service delivery (phonebook, m-banking) and all they do is complain... mara 'why didnt they do it in phases', mara 'why are they charging us for upgrading they system yet we never requested for it' (Surely!!), mara 'the features have been on Zap platform', mara 'the giant has fallen behind Orange', mara this, mara that...

Cant we for once appreciate what is being done to improve service delivery?? stop whining and get serious with life!! Do you know how many people have been complaining about the phonebook menu? people who lost money sending to wrong numbers! Its a money transfer service, remember. And just like you did a replacement coz your black simcard never had mpesa, same case, you need to do a replacement if you wish to use the phonebook menu, etc. The newer simcards usually have increased capacity to cater for increased and improved features).

Kudos Safaricom.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Dod
#18 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 8:42:46 PM

@Jus Blazin...Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
This is a country of whiners...people are always complaining about this or that. The funny thing is most people just whine and take no action.

If you don't like a certain service or product, take action, vote with your pocket....

You have a choice here to go to Airtel or Orange.
The rich have money working for them; the poor and the middle class are going to work for money.