wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages«<23456>»
The best sacco to join
OWAKWABI
#61 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 10:36:50 AM

brightstar wrote:
Some years ago I resigned from the Sacco where I was a member. I applied for a refund of my shares but since a colleague who I had guaranteed a loan had defaulted on his loan repayment, my shares were held as security. The guy eventually cleared paying for the defaulted loan but now the Sacco has refused to pay me my shares back.
I have written to the Sacco officials but they don't bother to respond and the officials don't take my calls. Where can I get assistance. The Sacco is based in Nairobi. Thanks Wazuans.

Hey? You should report the matter to the Ministry of Co- operatives, they should be able to assist you. If not, you can go to KUSCCO limited and ask for the Advocacy department or the Senior regional manager, Nairobi...this is assuming the SACCO is in Nairobi.

Mhasibu SACCO is good. Tried and tested. They are small (benefit of efficiency) and very large in terms of liquidity. It is also VERY well managed.

Starting a SACCO is a good idea but we will need a lot of time on our hands to meet and familiarize, because a lot of SACCO dealings are based on trust before they are based on proper systems.

Am new. I just joined for advice on Shares and Stocks. I want to buy some.
smile
mawinder
#62 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 11:54:08 AM

OWAKWABI wrote:
brightstar wrote:
Some years ago I resigned from the Sacco where I was a member. I applied for a refund of my shares but since a colleague who I had guaranteed a loan had defaulted on his loan repayment, my shares were held as security. The guy eventually cleared paying for the defaulted loan but now the Sacco has refused to pay me my shares back.
I have written to the Sacco officials but they don't bother to respond and the officials don't take my calls. Where can I get assistance. The Sacco is based in Nairobi. Thanks Wazuans.

Hey? You should report the matter to the Ministry of Co- operatives, they should be able to assist you. If not, you can go to KUSCCO limited and ask for the Advocacy department or the Senior regional manager, Nairobi...this is assuming the SACCO is in Nairobi.

Mhasibu SACCO is good. Tried and tested. They are small (benefit of efficiency) and very large in terms of liquidity. It is also VERY well managed.

Starting a SACCO is a good idea but we will need a lot of time on our hands to meet and familiarize, because a lot of SACCO dealings are based on trust before they are based on proper systems.

smile

Just curious,are you a Sukari sacco member?
jerry
#63 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 12:34:18 PM

If KUSCCO fails to resolve dispute btn member and SACCO you have one more option. It`s coop tribunal.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
washiku
#64 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 10:51:09 PM

By the way can someone be a member of more than one sacco? As in is it legal?
famooz
#65 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 7:34:34 AM

FINNLEMM Sacco is good.However,you have to be a staff of NGO,INGO or diplomatic mission.
Mjasirii
#66 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 10:58:39 AM

famooz wrote:
FINNLEMM Sacco is good.However,you have to be a staff of NGO,INGO or diplomatic mission.

What happens if you leave the NGO/INGO world.Do you seize to be a member?
mawinder
#67 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 1:36:13 PM

Mjasirii wrote:
famooz wrote:

What happens if you leave the NGO/INGO world.Do you seize to be a member?

Your English,you don't know cease?
Museveni
#68 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 2:28:26 PM

washiku wrote:

Is it against the law to operate two savings accounts in different banks ?

But unless you have 'exceeded' the deposit maximum allowed amounts per one sacco, one good one should cater for your saving goals quite well.

Live and learn; and don’t forget, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
For Sport
#69 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 2:42:28 PM

washiku wrote:

From the Cooperative Societies Act

18. No person shall be a member of more than one co-operative society, with unlimited liability and, no person shall be a member of more than one co- operative society having the same or similar objects;

Provided that a person who;-

(i) is a member of a co-operative society; and

(ii) carries on business on land or at premises outside the area of operation of that co-operative society;

may be a member of a co-operative society in whose area of operation that land or those premises are situate, notwithstanding that its objects are the same as or similar to those of the first-mentioned society.
carygoh
#70 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 1:49:23 PM

Think Positive Test Negative
kangi
#71 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2013 4:00:35 PM

For Sport wrote:
washiku wrote:

18. No person shall be a member of more than one co-operative society, with unlimited liability and, no person shall be a member of more than one co- operative society having the same or similar objects;

(ii) carries on business on land or at premises outside the area of operation of that co-operative society;

may be a member of a co-operative society in whose area of operation that land or those premises are situate, notwithstanding that its objects are the same as or similar to those of the first-mentioned society.

I think this applies to same occupation.

You can be a member of a coffee sacco and at the same time be a member of "employers" sacco, or still be an owner of a matatu that has a precondition of being a sacco member.
Accept no one's definition of your life; define your life.
marex
#72 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 3:50:56 AM

Safaricom Sacco is now open to members of public. Just joined last week
The way I am
webish
#73 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 7:19:03 AM

marex wrote:

Their staff sacco? or the investment sacco you mean?

If staff, do you have the requirements?

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
King G
#74 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 11:18:13 AM

kangi wrote:
For Sport wrote:
washiku wrote:

I think this applies to same occupation.

You can be a member of a coffee sacco and at the same time be a member of "employers" sacco, or still be an owner of a matatu that has a precondition of being a sacco member.

Those are archaic laws in that Act. The Constitution of Kenya protects your association and bill of rights also protects you further. You can join more than one sacco; niko in 2 bank saccos without any pressure.
Thieves
Wendz
#75 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2013 4:50:12 PM

mawinder wrote:
OWAKWABI wrote:
brightstar wrote:

smile

Just curious,are you a Sukari sacco member?

It can only be IDB.... they are the ones who dont bother answering querries, sending your statements, nothing.
webish
#76 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 6:58:58 AM

marex wrote:

What Loan products do they have? And interest rates?

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
famooz
#77 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 5:02:09 PM

famooz wrote:

I do not know actually....but i think you remain a member .
westkate
#78 Posted : Saturday, June 21, 2014 12:13:08 AM

have you tried kimisitu sacco.
icecube
#79 Posted : Sunday, July 06, 2014 8:15:24 PM

Is Safaricom Staff sacco open to members of the public who don't work in Safaricom? Not the Investment cooperative.
mawinder
#80 Posted : Monday, July 07, 2014 7:51:17 AM

icecube wrote:
Is Safaricom Staff sacco open to members of the public who don't work in Safaricom? Not the Investment cooperative.

Yes!!!!!!