wazua Fri, May 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
What do you need to get a job in kenya
oops
#41 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:23:19 AM

Good advice, thanks guys got some encouragement coz i almost gave up.
obiero
#42 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 11:01:34 AM

www.eajobboard.com is a very good resource. wishing all job seekers all the best

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
CLK
#43 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 9:19:04 PM

IDP wrote:
I stand by what I had said. In this country institutions are not working. Why do you think 2,500 employees are going to loose their jobs in education ministry? They were hired irregularly. You cannot get a job in this country through conventional means. And that is the truth.

How were you all hired in your current jobs. You may lie, but you know the truth in your hearts.

Still misleading, do you sleep with anyone and everyone who applies for a job at your place of work??

Are you also trying to say everyone in wazua aliangusha skirt/trouser to get a job? Its ok to believe everyone did the same thing that you did, if it makes you feel better.

I tarmacked for internships while still in college, was lucky to get one at a top blue-chip company, consequently got more internships and hence had a little experience when i graduated.

Armed with the experience and a degree, still jobs were not easy to come by, got a job for 10k, worked for 4 days, got another one for 15k, worked for a week, got one for 20k, worked for two weeks, then got one for 25k, worked for six months, got one for 50k, worked for a year, rest is history, actually the 10k and 15k jobs i never waited for a salary, as someone said, back then money mattered, right now, you look at so many things before you change jobs....
mchuuzi
#44 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 8:25:18 AM

The Monday that followed my graduation I got a rude shock from my mother as usual I expected to be supported financially until I got a job.She gave me 100ksh and told me now you have a degree that is the end of me giving you pocket money.I lived with my sister in Nairobi and she gave me an ultimatum she did not expect me to stay indoors during the day waiting for a job. I volunteered for the Red cross with no pay but once in a while got about 300kshs a day when we went out for activities.
The high expectations from my family pushed me to look for a job like there was no tomorrow.I was lucky after 4 months one of my networks yielded positive results.
I learnt that your aggressiveness will land you your job 4 years on some of my classmates were still jobless.

LADIES YOU DONT HAVE TO HIT THE MATRESS TO GET TO A JOBd'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
ChumsQuest
#45 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 7:26:44 AM

In Kenya, a Godfather...period.
guru267
#46 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 8:04:07 AM

People here should not be misled... Strathmore Business School has never admitted anyone for the executive MBA program without a minimum of 2 years relevant working experience...

Labda she picked up hers from river road... Because For those with inexperience but dying for a Master's degree, Strathmore offers an MCom (Master's of Commerce)

In Kenya building strong networks will get you very far... Those popular sportsmen and women in college with poor grades are likely to be more successful than those up tight first class book worms with no friends!

Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16