wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Lets Run ODM and PNU out of town!!!
MaichBlack
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:05:31 PM

You don't need even elementary education to know that neither ODM or PNU - individually or together will make things better for us as Kenyans. Allow me to start with ODM - because at one point I actually believed they could change Kenya for better.

I guess we have all now tasted "ODM leadership". The arrogance exhibited by ODM ministers is appalling. The Majiwa - Mudavadi axis of evil doubles parking fee from 70/= to 140/= and when we complained we were told by Mudavadi that if we can afford a car we can surely afford 140/=. Now they are at it again! I guess until such a time when parking costs more than a Vitz, we are supposed to shut up and put up! Anyang' Nyongo decided that even quadrupling our NSSF 'contributions' was not enough. And when we complained, he told us that if he can afford 2,500/= lunch we were being petty for complaining about 2,000/=.

Don't even get me started on corruption. The maize scandal - taking food out of the mouth of a starving Kenyan!! The sheer number of people involved in this scandal was mind boggling. Cemetery scandal! among many others. ODM has also perfected nepotism and tribalism. Just analyze ODM run ministries. The ambassadors issue also comes to mind. I hope I will never see ODM in power [again]!!!

PNU? Absolutely Bure Kabisa. A conglomeration of so many parties I don't even know who to blame. Corruption? Perfecting it! Oil scandal, Shanty Embassies, Overpriced ferries, typing errors etc. Also perfecting the art of appointing relatives and village mates.

We need a fresh beginning. It's high time we had a fresh outfit. I have in mind industry captains and other Kenyans who have succeeded in other fields taking over leadership in this country. No more recycled politicians. Wazuans, we have a forum and we can influence change in this country. I WANT A REVOLUTION. Let's run this cowboys out of town. It's time the middle class stood up to be counted! The time is NOW!!!

Please, let's not turn this into to an ODM - PNU [or any other party] exchange. Let's free ourselves from this bondage. There are other alternatives beyond the current parties and so called leaders.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
sihingwa
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:14:51 PM

MaichBlack wrote:

We need a fresh beginning. It's high time we had a fresh outfit. I have in mind industry captains ...

Now Maich, most of these current leaders were industry captains and the like. But once inside parliament they change!!

About parties, again it will be same monkeys different forestsSad
nostoppingthis
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:29:27 PM

Ngumu sana! and for this to be fulfilled it will take quite some time...We have die hard fans for the current crop of politicians..
kingfisher
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:34:37 PM

@MaichBlack....wewe ulivuruta bangi jana na bando iko kwa kichwa!!!

But I can propose to you a quicker better way.... based on "if you cant beat them join them"

Suppose you (you, not we) target an existing party, say KANU, then do a youth mass registration campaign, then demand for party elections, then put your candidates on the ballot paper, win most or all party seats...then you have a party.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
McReggae
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 2:07:33 PM

Utopian, enuff said!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
MaichBlack
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 3:54:27 PM

McReggae wrote:
Utopian, enuff said!!!!

Typical [Kenyan] middle class attitude! enuff said!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Wa_ithaka
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 3:59:36 PM

Mais-mbrack.
Punge is open this afternoon. You can start there. Funga ofisi and tell them to ngo to Kinangop
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
kadonye
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 4:11:54 PM

@Kingfisher I'm with you on this

Parties are not evil but it is the leaders who commit all the crimes

I was once shouted down by friends for proposing that KANU should be resuscitated and given support by all Kenyans who wish to see change in the country.

To my friends,KANU is evil regardless of who is leading or is a member

But look at the political bigtimers of today.Aren't they 80% ex-KANU exec members?Kibaki-Vice Chairman, Kalonzo-Vice Chairman n org sec, Raila-Sec Gen.Infact,in 2007 I was shocked to realise that the orange movement was a replica of the post March 18 2002 KANU that participated in the Kasarani chaos

Look at the second liberation heroes,were they not all ex-KANU people?

Parties are not the problem.Neither are our leaders.We are the problem.We are not angry enough to bring about change.Many 'saviours' have joined the government only to become as evil as their predecessors

I believe also that uzee is not an issue.Otherwise I would be OK with Jakoyo,Sonko,Mbugua and Kutuny

kingfisher wrote:
Suppose you (you, not we) target an existing party, say KANU, then do a youth mass registration campaign, then demand for party elections, then put your candidates on the ballot paper, win most or all party seats...then you have a party.

What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
MaichBlack
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 4:52:13 PM

kadonye wrote:
We are the problem.We are not angry enough to bring about change.Many 'saviours' have joined the government only to become as evil as their predecessors

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Very well put! You have spoken like a dozen 'old men'.

We need to get angry!! Really angry!!! And we need to do it now!!! We need to have the "Kenya is my country and you are not going to mess with it or with me/us as I watch!!!" Agrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

We need a REVOLUTION!!! Watu wakasirike. Nini hii???
McReggae
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 5:32:49 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Utopian, enuff said!!!!

Maichblack, typical you say, but it is the fact, it's very easy to get angry on paper and post on blogs......action is another cup of teal all together!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
bepari
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 12:16:08 AM

We sure as hell need a revolution, for we need a change of politicians and politics.Politics is the most important resource for it determines how the rest of the resources are developed and shared.we need to keep reminding ourselves how the misuse of this resource affects the value of the shilings in our pockets and stop watching from the sidelines.
Rosa Parks did it,and them french guys did it- for breads sake. Your country needs you!!
if you aint livin on the edge,you are taking too much space....
MaichBlack
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 9:33:06 AM

bepari wrote:
We sure as hell need a revolution, for we need a change of politicians and politics.Politics is the most important resource for it determines how the rest of the resources are developed and shared.we need to keep reminding ourselves how the misuse of this resource affects the value of the shilings in our pockets and stop watching from the sidelines.
Rosa Parks did it,and them french guys did it- for breads sake. Your country needs you!!

@bepari - Congratulations. At least we are seeing things from the same angle. It is the middle class that virtually funds the running of this country and yet they are the most indifferent when it comes to influencing how things are done! The day the middle class of this country will wake up from their self induced slumber is the same day we'll have a new country.
bepari
#13 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 12:48:02 AM

...and from Reagan's 1967 speech ''The deterioration of every gov't begins with the decay of the principle upon which it was founded...... Goverment is the peoples business, and everyman,woman and child becomes a shareholder with the first penny of tax paid.''
As we while away in our relative comfort,too busy to be bothered by governance. Remember those with nothing to live for,will come for what we live for.Lets make this country better for all
if you aint livin on the edge,you are taking too much space....
Tokyo
#14 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 5:00:42 AM

change???????? not in our lifetime.... critical thinking is beyond Kenyans IQ
work to prosper
Jangwa la Jangili
#15 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 8:49:13 AM

Ordinarily, @Tokyo's comment would be bullshit. But with 'educated' Kenyans demanding tribe-based sharing of jobs, board positions and dividends from indigenous companies they never built or invested in yet the same Kenyans unquestionably celebrate the success of an Asian-staffed listed firm, @Tokyo might just have a point.
Katika Jangwa la Jangili ndipo Pwagu hupata Pwaguzi.
Dia
#16 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 10:55:23 AM

McReggae wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Utopian, enuff said!!!!

Maichblack, typical you say, but it is the fact, it's very easy to get angry on paper and post on blogs......action is another cup of teal all together!!!!

Then why not start doing something, really doing something? I've personally taken it upon myself to discuss with the youth (and other disillusioned Kenyans) I come into contact with on the need to be active in issues of governance. So many of our young people think the power to change this country is in the hands of the politicians yet they form the largest chunk of our population! That kind of thinking absolutely horrifies me!