wazua Sun, Jun 30, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Apple to take over Sony
Ric dees
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 12:05:55 PM

Word is rife from the grapevine, any-one with concrete info?? Its widely known Apple wants a piece of the gaming market where they are virtually unrepresented and Jobs is sitting on $51b in cash, am sure very soon a take-over of some kind is eminent, whether it's Sony or some-other company remains to be seen!!

The greatest danger in times of turbulence is not the turbulence; it is to act with yesterday's logic.
KulaRaha
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 12:16:36 PM

I read this story this morning, and it sounds ominous....

We will all be drawn into Jobs' "distortion field"

http://www.enterprisemob...bs-Distortion-Field.htm

I love apple products, but not their policy of controlling content...
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Ric dees
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 12:38:16 PM

I can see what you mean, i too love their products but in all essence they seemed to have gotten something right. I saw the numbers for the Mac in the last fiscal year and i was impressed.

http://gigaom.com/apple/...orm-stronger-than-ever/

Do you think this success can be replicated elsewhere?? I have heard info regarding Apples next generation I pad where it aims at locking in the already existing subscriber base so when you hold it the first-time it automatically accesses all the info you "frequently" use including all the apps and lay them out just as you like them..Impressive is all i can say!!

http://www.engadget.com/...has-three-times-googles/

The greatest danger in times of turbulence is not the turbulence; it is to act with yesterday's logic.
KulaRaha
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 12:59:53 PM

I'm waiting for that ipad2, due out in January.

I use both BB and iphone, but BB is purely a punda for work.

When I'm home relaxing, or in a hotel room when travelling, its the iphone I grab first, to read news, surf, fb, etc etc

Its such a better experience....but jailbreaking etc is painful to have to do.Apple needs to let go of content control....its not working.
muganda
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:42:14 PM

Interesting Jobs sparking wars directing salvos at competitors:
-first with the antennae issue, in response to new kind of criticism for Apple products
-next in this earnings call, the first he's attended in a long time

Are these diversionary tactics, because in the first case Apple was being given heat on a product design issue with iPhone 4 and in the second, earnings seemed to disappoint sky-high expectations/share price.

Interesting how the bigger and more successful you grow, the way everyone goes gannering for you.

On another note @KulaRaha, you are waiting to long to eat happy on this iPad issue. I witnessed with my eyes a boy, must have been at least 4 yrs, navigating and toying with an iPad - I was impressed. That early, to learn and OS and use unaided?

KulaRaha
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:57:27 PM

hahahahhaha....that iOS is intuitive...my 6 year old can Google and you tube unaided.

I want the new retina display and facetime..thats why I'm waiting!