wazua Sun, Jun 30, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

KDN's Butterfly Optic Xpress (BOX) - What they won't tell you.
scambuster
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 12:49:57 AM

You probably have heard of BOX from KDN.

Here's a few pointers on what the new scam is all about.

You pay 15k for installation, which they will refund after two years (selling your soul pretty cheap) its a no brainer....

Apply for whatever speed you want say for example.
1mbps.

This is how it works,

First month : Honeymoon.
Great speeds, you can check speed test, the speeds are exceedingly great.(1-3.89Mbps)

Second month:
Poor speeds, really slow less than 0.1mbps

The comments from the "support team"

-We have installed limiters on the bandwidth,so that you get what you pay for. i.e. if you do the speed test, your bandwidth speed should not exceed 1.0mbps. Right?

Wrong.

See, KDN also left out, "we have pooled you with 10 other customers"

now lets do the math.

1mbps= 1024kpbs lets divide that by 10 "sharing customers"
that's 102.4kbps.

and here comes the punchline.

"If your speeds ever go lower than that, we will immediately resolve the situation and restore your speeds."

Why do you have to lie? KDN?

Please state all that when you advertise your "service".

qw25041985
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:46:05 AM

@scambuster. if you do your speed test and u get the speeds of what you paid for what's the problem.Even if you get pooled with ten other customers and you get your 1 mbps you paid for then it no biggie.
But if you are gettin slow speeds constantly then its trully a scam.

Like all of us lets wait for Zain 3G by dec. coz zain donot play around w/ their customers.
Your future depends on your dreams so go to sleep !
scambuster
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 11:27:35 PM

the problem is im paying for 1mbps but im getting no more than 0.1mbps. Whats the point of me paying for 1mbps then the highest speed i can get is 102.4kpbs?
doesn't that strike you as fraudulent.
the only explanation the had when i called, was "we introduced limiters in our network, you get what u pay for".
i call unethical.

iv sampled all isp's from wananchi,access,zuku,suffericon,orange/telkom and now kdn. my verdict this is indeed the worst isp i have ever used!
qw25041985
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 12:20:06 AM

I donot trust you my guy. coz a friend on mine just posted a speed test and he was doing 2 mbps.Here's the speed test http://www.speedtest.net/result/1001252589.png (Note the date of the speed test)and he's paying for their 2 mbps offer.
Can you post your speed test and by the way you must have been using Orange a very long time ago because they a have really improved their speeds (Note that they were bad) and uptime and i say kudos to they i have been blowing their trumpet for them all over this forum and i have good reason to..
Just show us your speedtest.
Your future depends on your dreams so go to sleep !
mycool
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 12:54:02 AM

I told them to collect their equipment.Bure kabisa!
scambuster
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 6:55:15 PM

The people who i dont trust are people who think that kenyans have a hamster wheel for a brain.

heres the link http://www.speedtest.net/result/1002732150.png

Mind you thats a 1mbps connection.
kyt
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 8:21:58 PM

@ qw has been crappy of late, here is my test today
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1002829918.png
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
scambuster
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 11:00:28 PM

@kyt, are you on 1mbps?
@qw the speed test speaks for its self, nobody likes being tricked or taken for a ride, ask your pal to keep close tabs on his speed lest he gets disappointed.
ispoa
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 12:53:07 AM

qw25041985 wrote:
I donot trust you my guy. coz a friend on mine just posted a speed test and he was doing 2 mbps.Here's the speed test http://www.speedtest.net/result/1001252589.png (Note the date of the speed test)and he's paying for their 2 mbps offer.
Can you post your speed test and by the way you must have been using Orange a very long time ago because they a have really improved their speeds (Note that they were bad) and uptime and i say kudos to they i have been blowing their trumpet for them all over this forum and i have good reason to..
Just show us your speedtest.

While noting date of speedtest, also note time. Generally there is less traffic on networks in the morning hours esp where you are on a shared connection.

Try getting to the office early and do ur stuff. U will see the difference b4 then bugaz that torrent the whole world to their PC check in and attaching a 50kb doc takes longer than printing and getting a guy on a nduthi to drop it off.

As 4 KDN cant say anything for or against as i have neva used the service.
scambuster
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 1:07:47 AM

@Ispoa, initially i thought its just a matter of increased web traffic, which is fine, but i usually work late hours but there is no noticeable difference, it actually seems to be getting worse see for your self
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1004377125.png this is 8.57pm.

The connection shouldn't be shared at all, i think some something very dubious is going on, because what i'm paying for is for 1mbps and as per the contract i should expect not less than 95% of that.

All i'm saying to the general public is BUYER BEWARE.
bird_man
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:03:45 AM

You join wazua as scambuster and this is your first post?Why dont I trust you. . . ?I have used KDN 512kbps dedicated and at times the speeds get to 1.2Mbps especially at night.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
scambuster
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 12:11:54 PM

I just blew the whistle, why? I have called KDN numerous times to get the issue resolved, the responses i got have been less than helpful.
Glad you are enjoying your speeds,thats great for you. I too have the right to share my experience with the rest of the public, good or bad.