wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Nissan Xtrail
jaggernaut
#1 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 12:05:31 AM

It appears the xtrail has become quite popular judging from the numbers am seeing on the roads. What's the experience of those who have owned/driven this car?
Peppy
#2 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 12:35:53 PM

Its quite spacious in the inside a lot of legroom and big trunk. also cheaper than the Rav4 and Honda CRV. The only problem is the guzzling. Inakunyua mingi sana.
I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me: Phil 4: 13
Chaka
#3 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 12:45:19 PM

@Peppy,
Peppy wrote:
Inakunyua mingi sana.

Which one guzzles,the 2000cc petrol?Whats the km/litre highway cosumption like?
If enigine is not tuned,air filter clogged and spark plugs have not been changed for long then any car will guzzle?...
tuvok
#4 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 1:34:29 PM

Chaka wrote:
@Peppy,
Peppy wrote:
Inakunyua mingi sana.

Which one guzzles,the 2000cc petrol?Whats the km/litre highway cosumption like?
If enigine is not tuned,air filter clogged and spark plugs have not been changed for long then any car will guzzle?...

True. any auto poorly maintained will not be efficient.

There's also a GT version of the petrol X-trail (278 bhp or thereabouts) vs 155 bhp for the rest. Would consume more especially if one's foot is like lead.
gathinga
#5 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 6:22:27 PM

Driven now for some months now
very good:
interior space - very spacious
speakers - they come with fairly powerful speakers
consumption- i feel its reasonable compared to other 4 wheels
cost - much cheaper compared with similar 4 wheels..crv, Rav 4 ??
Resale Value- Its a popular brand right now so good resale

be careful on
4 wheel system: If you touch tht buttons in a wrong sequence, utaacha propellor kwa barabara.
Power: The vehicle has no power. pick ni kama punda. But once you have picked up, it keeps good traction.
Skid: In the mud, you are not much different form a 2 wheel.
Dashboard: Ugly dashboard. Very plai without slots compared with vehicles like Honda CRV, or Kluger
Lucky driving.

Chaka
#6 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 6:39:13 PM

@Gathinga
What about the 'offroad' performance?
Also on the selector ,whats the difference between 'auto' and 'lock'?
Njung'e
#7 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 6:41:48 PM

@Gathinga,
Laughing out loudly ....Laughing out loudly ..

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
groupielove
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2010 3:06:23 PM

gathinga wrote:
very good:

be careful on
4 wheel system: If you touch tht buttons in a wrong sequence, utaacha propellor kwa barabara.
Power: The vehicle has no power. pick ni kama punda. But once you have picked up, it keeps good traction.
Dashboard: Ugly dashboard. Very plai without slots compared with vehicles like Honda CRV, or Kluger
Lucky driving.

Much cheaper, very true, but the issue of re-sale value my friend. Just buy one now and try selling it immediately. You will get half price of the buying price
quicksand
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 1:50:09 PM

groupielove wrote:
gathinga wrote:
very good:

be careful on
Lucky driving.

Much cheaper, very true, but the issue of re-sale value my friend. Just buy one now and try selling it immediately. You will get half price of the buying price

Aiiii @groupielove ....an XTrail is about 1.1 million currently right? Get about 650K uone kama kuna mtu yeyote who will sell you an XTrail smile The reason some cars are valued way over their real price in the metal is cause of the stock we put in resale value (too much). IMHO, a car should not be a cash/liquidity substitute, much the same way you wouldn't buy a flat screen TV for the resale value. Consider this. A RAV4 for instance has a very high resale value but also very high chances of getting jacked and shot in the process.
But the Kluger looks better.
Peppy
#10 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 1:50:56 PM

Kenyans are so obsessed with resale value, that's why we are a country of toyota this and toyota that (Quoting Claycourt). Spot on, do you buy your fridge of TV judged by the resale value?
I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me: Phil 4: 13
JkMwatha
#11 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 6:37:20 PM

Considering resale value when buying a car is smart thinking.

This is obviously different from buying a TV, a fridge or a loaf of bread.

quicksand
#12 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:16:26 PM

JkMwatha wrote:
Considering resale value when buying a car is smart thinking.

This is obviously different from buying a TV, a fridge or a loaf of bread.

@JkMwatha - I see your logic and there is no harm in that. I do a bit differently, I apportion my investments funds, liquid cash and future strategies to a different account; When buying a car, I consider it an expense, for my personal use and convenience and FORGET about its original (soon to deteriorate) value. Thus the only consideration then is availability and cost of parts, service, its utility and reliability. But thats me.

Let me pose this question. If you acquired a house (to live in - very key) in a nice neighbourhood, say South C, for about 14 mill, and then after some 3-4 years the value jumps to 22 mill, would you sell the house and consider the 8 mill profit, knowing you could never get a similar house in a similar location for the old price?
Intelligentsia
#13 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 10:39:52 AM

have driven the X-Trail and Harrier.
Harrier anytime - picks up fast, good mileage if car well-maintained,parts fairly well-priced pia.
Cardinal
#14 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 10:46:14 AM

Intelligentsia wrote:
Harrier anytime - picks up fast, good mileage if car well-maintained,parts fairly well-priced pia.

Very true.

Harrier/Lexus is much more superior.
Mpenzi
#15 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 12:04:04 PM

Cardinal wrote:
Intelligentsia wrote:

Very true.

Harrier/Lexus is much more superior.

No need to compare mangoes and oranges - Harrier is much more expensive than the Xtrail.
Intelligentsia
#16 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 4:36:59 PM

@Mpenzi - old shape Harrier (a cross-over SUV) and X-Trail are more or less in the same league. It is the new shape Harrier/Lexus that is way way out of the class of the Nissan X-Trail.
sheep
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 10:21:14 AM

there is no way you can compare harrier and xtrail..ata ile harrier mzee iko mbele tu sana...BTW those CRSP values of xtrail are way too overinflated...what is KRA upto?
The utimate goal of investing is to buy low sell high;if we re-write this core equation in psychology terms it becomes buy fear sell greed.
gicharu
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 12:11:21 PM

I own a 2003 Nissan X-Trail (ST 2.0 non Turbo). The consumption is 12.5 km per litre of petrol.

It picks very well and is enjoyable to drive. I think it is unwise to compare X-Trail with Lexus/ Harrier. Harrier is superior but it also costs Kshs. 1m more than the X-Trail. (Note: 2003 X-Trail Costs about Kshs. 1.3m and Lexus Harrier (2003) costs about Kshs. 2.3m.

Resale value of an X-Trail is definitely low and I knew it before importing mine. I doubt there is a car that does not depreciate after usage.. I have seen countless Toyota Prados being sold at Kshs. 1.2m .. KAYs, KAZs and the original purchase value was about ksh. 2.7m

Thanks.

Gicharu
tuvok
#19 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 12:27:49 PM

Kluger and Harrier share a couple of engines. (except the 3.5L engine)
Comparing a Harrier/Lexus/Kluger to a X-Trail is abit off, as they are not in the same classification of cars. Harrier may could be compared to pathfinder or highlander for toyotas. Rav4 to X-Trail (to Forester, CRV and other compact SUVs) would be more accurate.

@gicharu .. that fuel consumption stat - quite impressive especially for a 2L 150hp 4x4. Is this town or highway (or both) driving?

Cardinal
#20 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 1:25:26 PM

tuvok wrote:
Kluger and Harrier share a couple of engines. (except the 3.5L engine)
Comparing a Harrier/Lexus/Kluger to a X-Trail is abit off, as they are not in the same classification of cars. Harrier may could be compared to pathfinder or highlander for toyotas. Rav4 to X-Trail (to Forester, CRV and other compact SUVs) would be more accurate.

@gicharu .. that fuel consumption stat - quite impressive especially for a 2L 150hp 4x4. Is this town or highway (or both) driving?

Tuvok, did you acquire the Subaru Outback that you wanted?