wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<34567>
EQUITY MADNESS!!
BAAK
#81 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2009 2:16:00 PM

VVS,KCB split came well ahead of the rights issue you have referred to. The naked truth is that KCB appreciated from 19-20-21 levels post split to highs of 32-33-34/- just before the rights issue&hellip;and history is known to repeat itself..

But&hellip;I agree with U&hellip;we may shortly see some one-off EB deals at 11/- or even 10/-,but these levels will be quit risky for speculators and any who risks selling at these levels is likely to burn fingers&hellip;.why? EB will cross list in USE in a month&rsquo;s time or so. This,coupled with HIGH demand from small investors due to affordability should push the stock back to 17&ndash;18-19/- levels in a very short while&hellip;

@ 12/-,I would rather be caught BUYING RATHER THAN SELLING&hellip;
simonkabz
#82 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2009 2:48:00 PM

@baak,i follow ua scent on this one,u step on a mine n im past tense

Truest proverb: Mwenda pole hajikwai
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Donedeal
#83 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2009 2:59:00 PM

@MV Ufanisi

All facts you have so ably enumerated have been hyped over and over again. Quite frankly,any serious investor will see right through this 'ponzi scheme' strategy that EB hopes to cash in by promising high heaven in three years time&hellip;&hellip;&hellip;I tell you for free,it&rsquo;s nothing but hot air!......don't take my word for it,wait until the end of next week and latest end of the next month when we can revisit this post and hopefully things will have become clearer for ALL those doubting that you&rsquo;re been taken for a ride by one Mwangi with his EB 'Modo'.

May we leave in interesting times!
Donedeal
#84 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2009 3:30:00 PM

@BAAK

I can't wait to see your comments on this thread on Friday this week let alone in three years time.........

mv ufanisi
#85 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2009 4:19:00 PM

@DoneDeal
A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation that pays returns to investors from their own money or money paid by subsequent investors rather than from any actual profit earned. The Ponzi scheme usually offers returns that other investments cannot guarantee in order to entice new investors,in the form of short-term returns that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent. The perpetuation of the returns that a Ponzi scheme advertises and pays requires an ever-increasing flow of money from investors in order to keep the scheme going. - Wikipedia

Would be informative if you shared the proof that led to your conclusion. Me thinks the business 'modo' is quite simple,have a mass scale with low margins.

This debate could go on forever. Let's wait and see what happens. Expectation is next week the share will go down - it will be interesting how low it goes though.
jerry
#86 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2009 4:42:00 PM

@DoneDeal. You go into too much trouble to explain what ponzi is. Just compare the yield of EB,SC,KCB and u'll see some unnecessary hype of eb.

Ecs 11.2 Give portions to seven,yes to eight,for you do not know what disaster may come upon the land.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
Donedeal
#87 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2009 5:07:00 PM

@jerry.

Thanks for the flatter but it wasn't me that took the trouble to research and explain what a ponzi is.........i know better than to do so. Be-as-it -may,your point is noted.

Mainat
#88 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2009 6:46:00 PM

Ok ma peeps,before we all die from Equity analysis,let those who are interested,name the lowest price the stock will get to over the next month.
So far:-
BAAK- Ksh12
Mainat- Ksh10.

www.mjengakenya.blogspot.com
Sehemu ndio nyumba
VituVingiSana
#89 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2009 8:38:00 PM

@BAAKs... USE is a small exchange. They do not have the power of Kenya's investors.

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
tonicasert
#90 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2009 11:25:00 AM

I always compare Equity with BCCI - Growing too big too fast. Very scary...
mukiha
#91 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2009 6:46:00 AM

10% Rule is removed when a company make 'material announcement' The emphasis is on ANNOUNCEMENT!

Now; EQTY made its announcement regarding the split a long time ago,and that's when the 10% rule was removed....for one day only.

The rule will NOT be relaxed today since the company has NOT made any material announcement!!!!!

@etela: the rule says that the price of a share shall not fluctuate by more than 10% on any trading day....unless the company has made a material announcement. (e.g.,financial report,profit warning,intention to buy a competitor etc)
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Seles83
#92 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2009 7:06:00 AM

THIS STOCK WILL KILL SPECULATORS

Failure inspires winners...winners are made not born
More monies, more problems...
Mali
#93 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2009 7:28:00 AM

Supply 7M ... demand 30k... Waiting for it at Ksh 8!

if the incompetent and the reckless compete,the result is a disaster.. MN
chi20
#94 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2009 7:32:00 AM

the rule is already effected in the few minutes of trading this morning . . . . . - 1.6 drop signifies 9.89... percent drop,the furthest it can go.

mwana wa kahii. . . . . .
VituVingiSana
#95 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2009 8:09:00 AM

Already down 10% and kesho as well... I think it will hit 10/- UNLESS they show spectacular 1Q results...

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
jammo
#96 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2009 8:21:00 AM

I think reading through this thread u will realise speculators left earlier on.

When books were about to close..and around the time eddie mundu put this up...and BAAK screaming foul..and last weeks action by cdsc..

any speculator buyin last week should't be a trader.

DISCLAIMER: This is the opinion of one Jammo,CFA,CPA,Opinionated and Loud,based in nairobi. Whilst care has been taken in compiling the data to be as most factual n logical,he doesn't accept any responsibility of accuracy or completeness of info contained herein..neither does he purport to be a genius!
ddsimiyu
#97 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2009 8:42:00 AM

1. Bank had iipuidity problem as evidenced @ atms recently. 2. Split was to create shares for sale to pay debts including the CDS one. 3. The split is intended to maximise Helios sell returns.
I expect a 'firing' from the Equity press propacandist but nobody can full all people all the time.

Desiderious
adept
#98 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2009 9:40:00 AM

@ddsimiyu - I am no EBL apologist lakini that reasoning is way out there...if you know what i mean. I thought you were an SK veteran? Care to edit your post while you are still ahead?
VituVingiSana
#99 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2009 10:02:00 AM

EB's share price may be disconnected from its performance. The share price had out-run the performance... BTW,the performance by EB has been nothing short of spectacular!

Donedeal
#100 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2009 10:16:00 AM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news.......but the worst is yet to come...

May we live in interesting times!