wazua Sat, May 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<23456>»
EQUITY MADNESS!!
simonkabz
#61 Posted : Thursday, April 09, 2009 7:18:00 PM

he he finally an opportunity beckons. We need more haters lyk TB to get the best prices. Btw,colapse of a bank of equity's magnitude is too gross to contemplate. I dont think any sane govt can allow such a thing,so mahaters,bring it on!

Truest proverb: Mwenda pole hajikwai
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
jammo
#62 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 7:45:00 AM

Hope BAAM is watching. History teaches us to forget what it teaches us! Split shares..runnin to the billions..assumption that the 'holders won't sell'...but whoever has been selling post register closure is more or less goin to sell whole split amount.

DISCLAIMER: This is the opinion of one Jammo,CFA,CPA,Opinionated and Loud,based in nairobi. Whilst care has been taken in compiling the data to be as most factual n logical,he doesn't accept any responsibility of accuracy or completeness of info contained herein..neither does he purport to be a genius!
ddsimiyu
#63 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 8:53:00 AM

The truith is out. Safaricom IPO shares were dished out by Equity bank as unsecured loans. The result is that the more the price goes under,the more Equity offers same for sell to recover the loans. Fquity's core business is not stock exchange. They should therefor only get 10 % commission to cover the paper work. Lesson to JM,never brag to the mice about 30% controll. They will eat a way your legs to size.

Desiderious
jerry
#64 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 9:45:00 AM

I made a big mistake and bot EB 4the first tym at 17.25. Hoping to dispose on tuesday.

Ecs 11.2 Give portions to seven,yes to eight,for you do not know what disaster may come upon the land.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
VituVingiSana
#65 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 10:51:00 AM

People (for now) trust EB more than most brokers.

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#66 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 10:57:00 AM

TB: I doubt it will hot 7/-. If it does it is a very good buy. I will be happy with a 9/- price. As for its expansion,I think there will be a few hiccups but 2-3 years down the line they will be fine...

CAVEAT: I do not know how EB will deal with defaulters esp the smaller 'unsecured' defaulters.

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#67 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 10:59:00 AM

Pole but you are screwed. There were almost 1,000,000 shares on OFFER on Thursday with NO buyers at close.

Mainat
#68 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 12:00:00 PM

Ksh10 will be the lowest it'll get to.

www.mjengakenya.blogspot.com
Sehemu ndio nyumba
Gordon Gekko
#69 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 12:17:00 PM

@Tusker. I agree with you about the Eq being a political bank. But I think they have mitigated this by going regional. As I said before,they don't have political baggage in Ug and SS. I also said the 'Supermarket' market model will be their undoing. Get a niche,excel in it. They have one in banking the unbankable. They have done extremely well. Stick with it and leave the investment banking,stock broking to others.
leti
#70 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 1:34:00 PM

will the 10% rule hold on tue 14th due debue of splits.if yes the masacre has begun .

Do not fall in love to a stock
etela
#71 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 2:15:00 PM

what does this rule say? what are the impications?

Speak faith,hope and belief.
cxz
#72 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 7:28:00 PM

10% rule will apply. The stock will not fall more than 10% on 14th april

'A stone is heavy,and the sand weighty; but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both.' (Proverbs 27:3).
VituVingiSana
#73 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 8:34:00 PM

The shares are already trading post-split so the 10% rule may not be used but the price will drop 10% & continue till it reaches 10/- or so... slowly but surely within the next 1-2 weeks.

TAZ
#74 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2009 6:31:00 AM

Tusker Baridi.......

You are so naive.....who was the first politician to defend Equity during the PEV,who has been attending almost all their (EB) activities in Nyanza.....you're on the wrong side of the road my friend.

life is too short to blend in
Kwanini
#75 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2009 7:23:00 AM

@slygat wewe nachekeza mimi mbavu nabujiga gabisa!

1. Fact -EB is the most expensive and accessible bank -yes?
2. Fact -Mwangi's banking background is Trade bank,yes or no?
3. Fact - Some branches are subsidised by others
4. Fact -EB is mwananchi's bank,not even KCB. Why?Apart from the magical political hand,the business model says make your hay while the sun shines. period.

'I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul.'-Invictus
"For i am the master and the captain of my fate"
BAAK
#76 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2009 8:20:00 AM

Buying window for EB comes about once every three years. We now have a new Buying window as splits come to market..The last time it came was after the bonus issue of 1:2 some three yrs back..

By the way,this stock may not go very far south as some expect...It is more likely to go the KCB way...KCB had a total of 177m shares before 1:10 split..when splits were announced,it shot up to a high of 290/-. Thereafter,there was a gradual fall all the way to abt 190/- just before the 1.77B shares hit the market. Then after the split what happened? Some expected KCB to dip further due to liquidity,but it rose steadily to 34/-

Those who will be able to buy EB for longterm (even short term) at or below 12/- to 13/- should indeed count themselves very lucky..why? I know virtually all fund managers,stock brokers,high net worth individuals and very many foreign investors are on high ALERT..
ddsimiyu
#77 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2009 6:25:00 AM

Yote yawesekana lakini JM miscalculated this time. It is harder to manupulate 10 fools than 1.

Desiderious
VituVingiSana
#78 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2009 8:58:00 AM

Wacha uwongo. KCB is BELOW its Rights price of 25/-. It had gone to 15/- earlier in the year. And so will EB fall to below 13/-. Wanna bet it will fall below 13/- on or before 30 April?

mv ufanisi
#79 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2009 9:00:00 AM

This EB thing is generating massive interest here in SK. It seems like every other post is about EB disregarding the rest of the counters.
- First we have the people hoping that EB will come crashing down and repeating the allegations that EB will soon be collapsing that were in Parliament sometime in 2007.
- Next we have the defenders and one might suspect investors in the counter.

This is not helped by the huge volatility in this counter. Either there's people out there purposefully manipulating the price or the market madness has come to bear on this share

The facts so far are as follows
- Equity is successfully expanding in Uganda & S Sudan - which means that its model is working and that political favors cannot be used to explain its success. In any case I have never seen/heard the President directing Kenyans to open accounts in the bank or telling parastatals to channel their money through the bank in stead of banking in KCB or NBK. So the political favor thing is easily discounted. Or at this rate we will have to imagine that Museveni and Kiir are also in EB's pocket. However I do believe EB has it's own political enemies who would love to see the bank in the dust.
- EB just won an award for transparent financial reporting by Africa Investor. Additionally Helios Fund which has a track record in picking investments owns about 24% of the bank. These guys must have done their homework before expressing confidence in the accounting practice by the bank. So it's hard to believe the accusers especially since they have no concrete proof.
Anyway at the end of the day,EB's stock price will be dependent upon the financial success of the bank. If EB continues to make money the stock will go up.
So let's wait and see!
btw when do 1st Quarter results come out?
VituVingiSana
#80 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2009 9:06:00 AM

Any investment has to be made at a FAIR price. I think EB is over-priced today (16/-) but definitely look into it @ lower prices. EB has NOT been thru a financial downturn so how will they deal with bad debts?