wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages123>»
EQUITY MADNESS!!
Eddiemundu
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2009 11:43:00 AM

This stock will kill people!!

what will happen when the Splits come to the Market..??

Massacare will happen when the shares fall to 7bob!

M'c Kende Siafu !
kyt
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2009 1:03:00 PM

7 bob will be too much of a long shot,see their strategy worked hoarding the shares till may the price goes up and when the shares are finally in,the price will go back to about the initial 12.50. smart guys this people are.

hasta la vista
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
jammo
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2009 2:15:00 PM

The only lesson we seem to learn from history is that we never learn anything from history. Equity thro out feb n march has consistently avaraged a daily turnover of between sh160,000 and sh240,000.... Split of the share did not affect daily trade volumes but it affected the price...trade volumes and daily turnover remained unchanged..price split by factor of ten...impact can be explained by a form 2 student! Meanin the same average daily turnover can actually buy 10times the volume it used to befor split..but that volume is not there.!...thus why nice to speculate befor that absent volume comes in mid may...by the time a share has consistently gone up 4 days consistently..on the fifth day..u r probably buyin from buyers of day one.... A fact BAAk n others do not grasp. But Hey.. Pesa ni zako. G-pange!!

The race is not always to the swift..nor the battle always to the strong..nor food always to the wise..nor riches always to the intelligent..favor is not always to the skilled..or learned..but time and chance happens to all. Ecl9:5..
Wendz
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2009 2:16:00 PM

I got today's NSE Price List that shows EB was trading at between 16.50 - 17.50 bob and the split share price was 13....

Some deals are like glass. Sometimes it's better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together.
ecstacy
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2009 3:46:00 PM

Equity Bank launches in Uganda this week.

It is set to have the largest branch network in Uganda. Going by the first few months as it was re-branding,Uganda is providing better growth prospects than Kenya!
Equity has a third of all bank accounts in Kenya
Equity is set to get into Sudan this month of April 09,a country set to realize remarkable growth with peace prevailing.
Equity is exploring the possibilities of getting into Rwanda and Tanzania
Equity aims at being the most successful bank in Africa

Its expansion programme has so far been exemplary with its manner of financial reporting even receiving international awards.

Equities generally have the highest return in the long-term defying inflation,conservative treasury bills and bonds return or even real estate..and are more liquid,this counter has and remains a star performer. As a youth,this is not a bad place to put your pension money or future child college fees! I would invite comments as to why you agree or not.
ddsimiyu
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2009 11:35:00 PM

What happens is Equity in situations like this buys own shares to create interest and a 'blind' flock. The interest is enhanced with the 'right' propaganda like 'buying into' NBK. When the stock is high enough,Equity will sell back the shares at the high price and design a new scheme. The excuse that the stock was too high is rubbish. Remember it was 300 at one time. One can fool people but not all the time.

Desiderious
jammo
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2009 5:13:00 AM

Dsim.... Grow up. Back up ur theory. Or just ignore the thread altogether! We could do with a little objectivity here. Spare your epithets,ignorance n misinformation for the likes of gutter press. Please. Any dealer..broker can give u trade deals break down and if acquisition is bein done by one party..equity in particular there will be evidence for that! Prove it that what u say is true! Otherwise... G-kate!!

The race is not always to the swift..nor the battle always to the strong..nor food always to the wise..nor riches always to the intelligent..favor is not always to the skilled..or learned..but time and chance happens to all. Ecl9:5..
luxel
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2009 5:53:00 AM

@jammo. Sometimes back you were accused of having vested interest in Equity bank. I like your contributions generally,but when ti comes to EB you always seem to get emotional.

When Co-op issued 3 billion shares you dismissed this saying they were too many and only fools could do that,but when EB follows suit you think only a genius can do that!

When dsimiyu say that EB buys their shares it does not mean that on record you will see the bank buying but some people with such interest will buy as ordinary investors just to mislead others.

Equity is a good company but it is wrong for investors to imagine that they will continue doubling their wealth forever. Even Mwangi knows.
McReggae
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2009 6:26:00 AM

You touch stock brokers and EB.....be sure to have jammo on your back!!!!

Make money.....then you will enjoy all the fine things in life!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
jammo
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2009 6:28:00 AM

@luxel... Please read my earlier posts on equity. On average over last 3 months it traded about sh 160k-240k worth of stock a day. Split affected only price..so far the same volume of shares has remained as well as amount of money tradin a day. That money amount has not changed yet price is down by a factor of 10 obviously means volume demanded goes up! But with no additional supply... This applies across the board whether Equity,sasini,bbk,cmc or kcb which all split their shares. Sometimes things r as they seem. Sensationalisin doesn't add money to your pocket does it? As for emotions part... I totally hav no comment.

skatotsi
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2009 6:41:00 AM

@luxel et All,

Let me take this opportunity to explain why Jammo acts this way. It is not because he works for Equity (he might be working there as a cashier though!),or that he has serious interests in this Company. From his many threads and contributions we can see that what Jammo wants is one thing and only one: To Make Money! And Fast!

By this I mean he is just a tipycal speculator,that has found the right 'roller coaster' which makes not him,but all foolish investors,emotional,really emotional!

Knowing this,Jammo draws a pattern,he makes mistakes like everyone else,but he draws a pattern and follows it. It is actually very interesting how he reasons,and funnily most of the times he gets it right! But beware! He is a King in a bullish market,a Pauper in a Bear!

So,please luxel,don't demoralize him by accusing him of being emotional when a thread of Equity is opened up,he just sees his favourite roller coaster,and as a small kid would do,tries to time to get in when it is low and get out on the high. Let us continue read and comment. Don;t accuse,please. For the benefit of this forum.

@ Jammo

Please feep us informed,we would love to get in this game at the right time!

Mors Tua,Vita Mea. (latin)
Seles83
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2009 7:39:00 AM

For me i will buy back there shares will be additional shares are available for trading not comfortable with current trades on the counter

Failure inspires winners...winners are made not born
More monies, more problems...
manziwamtaa
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2009 8:58:00 AM

Can someone please explain to me what the split means? I'm told the split shares havent been credited to CDS accounts and supply is at nil. My order is pending with the broker. When can we expect the split shares in the market?
Wendz
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2009 9:09:00 AM

@manzi

if you check the EB prices,the shares are already trading..... I believe the good people who bought at 93 should be selling... its almost 100% gain for them.

Some deals are like glass. Sometimes it's better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2009 9:28:00 AM

Some lambs to the slaughter.

I can bet there are a number of brokers who called their favuorite mama mboga or mama butchery client and told them 'equity inauzwa 17.00,nunua longterm'.

He then calls another more enlightened speculator who purchased at 93 to provide the shares (including some that he is illigally holding for the broker).

Happy days

I guess if you can't win with facts,you can always pen bile-laced,xenophobic rants to distract everyone.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
ogutuwalwanga
#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2009 9:41:00 AM

The little things we do or say will tell what sort of people we are.With all the information some us have concerning EB they should be supper rich millionaires.The one million dollar question is there anything to show to convince the SK fraternity that they are actually getting it right?

ogutu
Wendz
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2009 10:23:00 AM

@Ogutu

In the stock market? No. no one can because no one can predict the future accurately.... However,you can speculate depending on your level of risk appetite. If you are a risk taker,you can go short term(speculative) if risk averse,you go long term.... however,in both cases,no one can tell you you are right or wrong but experience makes it easier hence you will be better off than someone joining the bandwagon for the first time.

ogutuwalwanga
#18 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2009 10:39:00 AM

@ Wendez thank you,you approche is acceptable but in this forum we have people who think their analysis is the gospel truth and if you habour any different opinion your even called names.From my humble experience do it your way.

ogutu
The General
#19 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2009 11:18:00 AM

The market,like the Lord,helps those who help themselves. But,unlike the Lord,the market does not forgive those who know not what they do. - Warren Buffett

The thicker the thigh the sweeter the pie.
The thicker the thigh the sweeter the pie.
Eddiemundu
#20 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2009 11:50:00 AM

Once upon atime before Chicken lost their teeth,there used to be a company.

..and that company split its shares 1:10 at 700 bob and the share was therefore valued @ 70 bob (albeit still very much overvalued)

The share Rallied to 110 bob ex-split and when the splits came to the market,the share has since touched a low of 15bob and still remains at below 20 bob!

Moral of the story - USE YOUR HEAD BEFORE YOU USE YOUR THORAX!

M'c Kende Siafu !