wazua Fri, Jun 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Is Equity Running A Scam?
hindi ni riu
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:48:12 AM

Over the last few days Members are unable to withdraw more that 5k at a go from most of the ATMs. So here's the deal: You want 10k, withdraw 5k twice, 2 transactions-customer charged double (could have paid 30 bob only, ends up paying 60).Tech issue? I don't buy it.I smell a giant rat!

“Once the last tree is cut and the last river poisoned,you will find you cannot eat your money" Traditional saying.
obiero
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 7:54:14 AM

I beg to differ. Dr. Mwangi had pledged a PBT of 10B. Therefore such acts are js steps towards hitting the profit target!

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
kyt
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 8:38:34 AM

obiero wrote:
I beg to differ. Dr. Mwangi had pledged a PBT of 10B. Therefore such acts are js steps towards hitting the profit target!

i now understand
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
mukiha
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 10:28:29 AM

hindi ni riu wrote:
Over the last few days Members are unable to withdraw more that 5k at a go from most of the ATMs. So here's the deal: You want 10k, withdraw 5k twice, 2 transactions-customer charged double (could have paid 30 bob only, ends up paying 60).Tech issue? I don't buy it.I smell a giant rat!

As a shareholder, I am concerned.

Please give more details: e.g., how many people do you know who have had this problem? how many ATMs are affect - tell us which ones, so that other members can avoid them.

BTW: even though I am a shareholder, I am not a customer. Equity cannot meet my requirements of a bank!
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Njung'e
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 10:32:39 AM

Haven't experienced that.Give more details before i conclude it's the same ol' phrase....Dog bites man!
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
selah
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 10:52:22 AM

I hav always avoided Equity like a plague.It once deducted my cash without informing me just because a guy who I had guaranteed had delayed by a day to pay his loan.Then after the guy in village market withdrew money from somebody's else account thru the ATM I shifted to KCB.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
teletalk
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 10:58:08 AM

i suspected hw is this mr. mwangi makin lots of cash. i closed my account with now close to a year....
mjuaji wa stocks
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:17:11 PM

selah wrote:
I hav always avoided Equity like a plague.It once deducted my cash without informing me just because a guy who I had guaranteed had delayed by a day to pay his loan.Then after the guy in village market withdrew money from somebody's else account thru the ATM I shifted to KCB.

SElah....So what did you understand by guaranteeing?? Njia ni hiyo lipa loan.....i had the same experience but cant blame the bank....i blame the guy i guaranteed the loan...lipa deni

@All.....if this is true....as a shareholder i am concerned too.....kindly keep the details....and complains coming!
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

Pastor M
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:47:37 PM

hindi ni riu wrote:

This is not true or it could be one case scenario or you have set your minimum withdraw amount as 5k...I have never experienced it and have not heard anybody complaining by the way equity bank has over 5 million customer let me assure you that if there anything like this happening everybody in town would have known by now (its an advantage of banking with the majority). like when their ATMs are down on a friday (end month)its like everybody in town is angry.
selah
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:18:36 PM

mjuaji wa stocks wrote:

SElah....So what did you understand by guaranteeing?? Njia ni hiyo lipa loan.....i had the same experience but cant blame the bank....i blame the guy i guaranteed the loan...lipa deni

In KCB they inform you about the delay first then deduct after prior warning.Equity on the other side deduct and dont inform you of the same then you are left to screw urself when you issue a cheque and it bounces.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
mjuaji wa stocks
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:36:45 PM

selah wrote:
mjuaji wa stocks wrote:

In KCB they inform you about the delay first then deduct after prior warning.Equity on the other side deduct and dont inform you of the same then you are left to screw urself when you issue a cheque and it bounces.

Here we go again.....Equity is not KCB..

Bottom line.....either KCB ama EB...wote watakukata.....na hakuna difference....aaaaaaiiii!!

Wewe selah .....wacha!
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

Sober
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:57:00 PM

Guaranteeing simply means that you trust me so much that you can pay for me the loan in case i default.
Never be one if you don't know someone well, i mean finantially.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Wendz
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 4:35:38 PM

selah wrote:
mjuaji wa stocks wrote:

Company policy, company policy, company policy... Equity doesnt have to act the same as KCB.... Their policies are different... just as different as the rules in our homes...

always read the dotted lines and the fine prints.... it could have been all over your face when you were signing that guarantee form...
selah
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 5:01:43 PM

Wendz wrote:
selah wrote:
mjuaji wa stocks wrote:

Company policy, company policy, company policy... Equity doesnt have to act the same as KCB.... Their policies are different... just as different as the rules in our homes...

always read the dotted lines and the fine prints.... it could have been all over your face when you were signing that guarantee form...

Thats why I am with KCB.They dont screw me for not reading the so called fine print.
mjuaji wa stocks
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 5:22:13 PM

selah wrote:
[quote=Wendz][quote=selah][quote=mjuaji wa stocks]

Thats why I am with KCB.They dont screw me for not reading the so called fine print.

acha uongo.....na Equity uliguarantee mtu aje?

Hivyo basi una-fool nani?

Njung'e
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 5:29:59 PM

Man bites dog......Tuendelee!!
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
McReggae
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 5:37:33 PM

mjuaji wa stocks wrote:
selah wrote:
[quote=Wendz][quote=selah][quote=mjuaji wa stocks]

acha uongo.....na Equity uliguarantee mtu aje?

Hivyo basi una-fool nani?

Dude said he shifted after the saga!!!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
hindi ni riu
#18 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 1:15:16 AM

More Details: Exactly that happened to me yesterday. Same ws the case on Mon and Tue,I heard some guys complaining about it, it didn't hit me until it happened to me.

@Pastor M, you would be surprised to learn how much Kenyans are trampled on without saying a word. Using your example, since we know they go down every end month, who ever has walked into any of the branch manager's office and asked what they've done about it. Yep, just about NO ONE. Just get angry at the poor innocent ATM and walk away or queue for hours nkt-ing.

Tell you what, the solution is not always hopping from one provider to the next, u can as well demand for better services. Yes, demand.

“Once the last tree is cut and the last river poisoned,you will find you cannot eat your money" Traditional saying.
Morey
#19 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 2:46:30 AM

My problem with Equity is about online banking.I dont understand the point of having an online banking facility which is not fully functional.
Previously i could transffer up to 50k instantly but any amount above that has to go through the Relationship Manager.I was made to understand that the RM are supposed to check the online transffers after every five minites or less but it doesnt happen sometimes.So if you are in a hurry and you want to transffer more than 50k and you want to avoid the delay,you end up transffering lots of 50k and you get charged ksh50 per each transaction.
Recently,they have come up with another policy whereby after every transffer one makes s/he have to confirm to them either by phone or email so that they can approve.This is double work and expensive too!!
mukiha
#20 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 8:46:47 AM

Funny how people complain about bad service at the banks.....instead of simply closing the account and going to another bank...there are over 50 in Nairobi!
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.