wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Must Mutahi Ngunyi write for money or in a newspaper column?
arapsonkot
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2010 10:42:29 AM

He should blog cause some of us who are his fans are missing his insight esp on current stuff
Sent from my iPad" is the new "Haters gonna hate".
kizee1
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2010 11:48:18 AM

why should he work for free? if hes good at hes job then why not pay for his point of view...
MaichBlack
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2010 12:12:51 PM

arapsonkot wrote:
He should blog cause some of us who are his fans are missing his insight esp on current stuff

@arapsonkot - What do you do for a living? Maybe you should look for an avenue to do it for free because some of us are missing your services. Wacha mchezo bwana. The guy has to put food on the table. This is what he does for a living!

What is it with Kenyans and expecting other people to do things for free. I read another post someone saying he is 'disappointed' that Samuel Wanjiru chose the Chicago marathon over the Delhi games. Seriously!? Why should blind patriotism only apply to others? If you are a doctor in private practice, quit and get a government job, same applies to Engineers, Architects, Nurses, Lawyers, Secretaries, cooks - everyone! After that you can tell the rest to forgo their livelihood for a greater [patriotic] good.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
arapsonkot
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:35:15 AM

@Maichblack technology has changed things by blog he can get payment by use of advertisement i.e adsense or you subscribe before reading the articles . How do you think wazua proprietors pay their bills?
MaichBlack
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:40:30 AM

arapsonkot wrote:
@Maichblack technology has changed things by blog he can get payment by use of advertisement i.e adsense or you subscribe before reading the articles . How do you think wazua proprietors pay their bills?

@arapsonkot - Wacha kugeuza route kama tuko ndani ya matatu. Can you re-read your title - slowly. Why should Mutahi Ngunyi write for money or in a newspaper column.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
arapsonkot
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:50:23 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
arapsonkot wrote:

@arapsonkot - What do you do for a living? Maybe you should look for an avenue to do it for free because some of us are missing your services. Wacha mchezo bwana. The guy has to put food on the table. This is what he does for a living!

What is it with Kenyans and expecting other people to do things for free. I read another post someone saying he is 'disappointed' that Samuel Wanjiru chose the Chicago marathon over the Delhi games. Seriously!? Why should blind patriotism only apply to others? If you are a doctor in private practice, quit and get a government job, same applies to Engineers, Architects, Nurses, Lawyers, Secretaries, cooks - everyone! After that you can tell the rest to forgo their livelihood for a greater [patriotic] good.

@maichblack my reply is based on your long argument above that Money Is AMajor Issue
mukiha
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 10:11:32 AM

arapsonkot wrote:

Simple common sense: It is EASIER to make money by writing for newspapers than it to earn from selling ad space on your site....

The same way it is EASIER to make money from employment that it is to earn from running a private business...

That's why most people look for jobs instead of starting their own businesses...

But when I say EASIER, I don't mean that you will make more. Chances are that Ngunyi could make more if he followed your advice; but it takes so much more effort to make the money that he probably prefers a simple monthly cheque from the papers!
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.