wazua Tue, May 21, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

17 Pages«<23456>»
A guide to imporing cars from Japan
milken
#61 Posted : Friday, December 10, 2010 1:53:41 PM

Wakandi wrote:
Hi,
some one please confirm o the issue of registartion fee....is it included in the duty or is it a separate charge? from the CRSP, if i work out duty as X kshs, do i then go ahead and add another approx 10k for registration?

Yes. Compute the taxes and add the registration fee
Itari muting'oe ihuragwo ngi ni Ngai
Euge
#62 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2010 4:41:28 PM

I have a Noah, silver in colour, 2000cc, 2003 model KBM going for 890k Anyone interested?
Lord, thank you!
Vj
#63 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2010 9:17:50 PM

vineyard16 wrote:
@VJ
thanks for the insight
i am a ugandan, i want to purchase a vehicle through trade car view(nissan selana) , it cost USD 1790 CIF ex mombasa. year of manufacture 1997.
furnish me with tax duties i will have to pay KRA for clearance.

You can not register a car that is more than 8 years old in Kenya. However Uganda does not have an age limit on imported cars. You will not pay duties to KRA, however you need to pay port and shipping line charges. The important thing for you is to get a very reliable clearing agent in Uganda.

As for the duty these will be payable to Uganda Revenue Authority and will be as follows:
Import Duty: 15% of dutiable value
VAT : 17% of VAT value
Import commission: 2% of Dutiable Value
Withholding Tax: 4% of Dutiable Value

I would also like to advise you that tradecarview is not a seller but a website that links buyers and sellers. therefore you should be very careful about the seller you are dealing with, as there have been cases of fraud and delayed shipping by some sellers on tradecarview.
Before you can be be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.
Foreman
#64 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 12:23:00 AM

@ Wazuans, I have come across cases where the car has parts(eg tires, radio, power window) changed or totally removed from the car by the time it is delivered to the owner.
Where & how does this happen?
Whats the way to deal with the crooks?
mjuaji wa stocks
#65 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 8:16:19 AM

Foreman wrote:
@ Wazuans, I have come across cases where the car has parts(eg tires, radio, power window) changed or totally removed from the car by the time it is delivered to the owner.
Where & how does this happen?
Whats the way to deal with the crooks?

This is done in mombasa after clearing esp. if the clearing agents are crooks and untrusted fellows.

If you can get a pointman the better ... i.e someone who resides in mombasa well known to you

ama tafuta good C & Forwarding agents ......

Also get to know the specs of your car in japan then as you give out the documents to the agent mwambie unaelewa kuna mambo kama hiyo ambayo inafanyika??

Watakuwa macho coz watajua umejua!!!!!
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

Eddy
#66 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 7:41:29 PM

Elder wrote:
Tebes wrote:
@Bartum

All passenger cars charged Import duty, Excise duty and VAT. Yes, B15 included. Its only pick-ups and lorries that dont have Excise duty but still are charged import duty and VAT.

Are the double-cab pick-ups also included in this exemption?

Can someone please respond to Elders question above.
JkMwatha
#67 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 12:21:55 AM

Eddy wrote:
Elder wrote:
Tebes wrote:
@Bartum

All passenger cars charged Import duty, Excise duty and VAT. Yes, B15 included. Its only pick-ups and lorries that dont have Excise duty but still are charged import duty and VAT.

Are the double-cab pick-ups also included in this exemption?

Can someone please respond to Elders question above.

No, double-cabs are not included in this exemption. You pay the whole shebang...like private passenger cars.
A few years ago there was exemption on Double-Cabs until KRA decided to get 'smart'.
waiter
#68 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 10:49:46 AM

Hi good people,
i am hoping to import a yr '98 car to Uganda. would someone kindly confirm that:

1.Uganda Revenue Authority has abolished (JIVEC)/car inspection.
2.what would be the process to undertake once it lands in Mombasa and

3.is -http://www.sbtjapan.com/- a reliable trader?
4.any reliable clearing agent known who can help me clear the car with URA.

thanks all.
mjuaji wa stocks
#69 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 12:57:17 PM

waiter wrote:

Hi good people,
i am hoping to import a yr '98 car to Uganda. would someone kindly confirm that:

1.Uganda Revenue Authority has abolished (JIVEC)/car inspection.
2.what would be the process to undertake once it lands in Mombasa and

3.is -http://www.sbtjapan.com/- a reliable trader?
4.any reliable clearing agent known who can help me clear the car with URA.

thanks all.

SBT wako mbele .... they are very ok and reliable .... Deal with a guy called harry .....

Tell him you have been referred by Mr Erickson from kenia smile smile

He wont disappoint you and will let you know the status of the car .... will tell you everything!!!

For jevic uganda .... sina copy!

Best wishes
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

waiter
#70 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 1:52:13 PM

Thanx Mws I will contact him asap.

I still can’t get any quality info on Duty and tax since the URA website has been suspended (hope not for long).

There seems also to be conflicting info on JIVEC inspection, it seems like the UG gov’t abolished it but I am not sure. Could anyone confirm this?

Is there any fee charged on cars older than 8yrs?

any recommendable clearing agent?

thank you.
mjuaji wa stocks
#71 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:02:29 PM

waiter wrote:

Thanx Mws I will contact him asap.

I still can’t get any quality info on Duty and tax since the URA website has been suspended (hope not for long).

There seems also to be conflicting info on JIVEC inspection, it seems like the UG gov’t abolished it but I am not sure. Could anyone confirm this?

Is there any fee charged on cars older than 8yrs?

any recommendable clearing agent?

thank you.

Talk to phillip kwenya of forebridge

Info@forebridgekenya.com

Tell him you have been referred by erickson.

Quick chap!!

when you contact harry ...

yharramas@sbtjapan.com

let me know so that i can do some intro..... then

He will give you good discount.

Regards.

waiter
#72 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:20:18 PM

Thanks Mws. i will contact them. i will let you know asap.

again thanx.
yhar
#73 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:14:59 PM

hello everyone!

this is Harry from SBT Japan.. if you want to import cars from japan. or you any inquiry please send me a mail yharramas@sbtjapan.com
waiter
#74 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 8:49:53 PM

hi Mws. i contacted the two gentlemen. asante.
njamba
#75 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 12:58:52 AM

has anyone on this forum dealt with RAO INTERNATIONAL CO.LTD?
githundi
#76 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 11:38:44 AM

Nobby wrote:
Now that the year change is coming next month, who can confirm the last date that a 2003 model can arrive and be registered without problems.Take an example, a car is on board a ship at the end of November or early December but arrives late December or early January 2011.It this still valid for registration.what is the cut-off?

Hats off to the contributors in this thread for your informative posts. Can anyone Kindly assist me in getting answers to this. 1. Can import a car registered in Jan 2004 say in Nov 2011? And if so why can't i import a car registered in Dec 2003 say in Feb 2011 as it falls btn 7-8 yrs threshhold. 2. What is the crsp of Toyota Passo as i couldn't get the model on Vjs KRA CRSP list? And finally as for the purposes of reducing the excessive taxes, is there any reliable companies which can deflate CIF invoice while i pay the negotiated figures. Thanks.
Democracy does not belong to the dead
mjuaji wa stocks
#77 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 11:54:11 AM

waiter wrote:

hi Mws. i contacted the two gentlemen. asante.

Thanks .... did they respond to you???

Any disappointments???

Need any further assistance???

@Githundi ...... even if you deflate the CIF ..... KRA uses the CRSP to calculate duty and not CIF ..... They did this to outsmart scammers like you smile smile smile

So whether you import a car for free; pay the list CIF or the highest CIF .... KRA will get their dues without any loss Applause Applause Applause Applause

The CRSP for a passo 1000cc should be in the class of platz; duet ama vitz ....... if not 1000cc .... check engine number and fuel ..... disel ama petrol ..... then for a rough est. compare with another toyota van of same cc ....

i hope this helps ......

@ Njamba ....Rao are okay ..... deal with Ramu ..... and tell me how it goes ......

githundi
#78 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 1:38:36 PM

@Githundi ...... even if you deflate the CIF ..... KRA uses the CRSP to calculate duty and not CIF ..... They did this to outsmart scammers like you smile smile smile

So whether you import a car for free; pay the list CIF or the highest CIF .... KRA will get their dues without any loss Applause Applause Applause Applause
@ Mjuaji wa stocks, thanks for the infor on on my 2nd and 3rd qns. Though i need it confirmed that Kra will disregard the cif values even if it gives higher revenues than the crsp values, @ mjuaji wa stocks or anyone else, assist on this and my first question please.
Vj
#79 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 6:08:29 PM

You cannot import a car registered in 2003 in 2011...no way around it (unless you know the man who took over from Kosgey).

As for the duty payment derived from CRSP or invoice i would like you to consider the following scenario:

You buy a 2004 Mitsubishi Pajero V73 (3000cc) average CIF price $16000 = kshs 1,280,000

Duty according to CRSP = 564,880

Duty according to CIF invoie:
1)25% import duty on CIF value : 1,280,000 x 25% = 320,000

2)20% Excise duty on CIF+import duty value = (1,280,000 + 320,000) x 20% = 320,000

3)16% VAT on CIF+import duty value+excise duty value = (1,280,000 + 320,000 + 320,000) x 16% = 307,200

Total duty according to CIF invoice will therefore be 307,200+320,000+320,000= 947,200

KRA will therefore take the value of duty that brings them the highest revenue and in this case it is the duty value calculated by the CIF invoice. So be smart about this issue when importing.

Before you can be be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.
githundi
#80 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 9:38:09 PM

Thanks vj for your your clarifications. As for the vehicles registered in jan 2011, can i be able to import say in Nov 2011?.