wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
Eaagads is the stock to watch
VituVingiSana
#21 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2010 3:45:19 AM

Selling such a huge chunk of land should have required minority shareholders' approval!!!!

I hope that Eagaads did not 'sell' the land but got a share of Tatuu...
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
BGL
#22 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2010 5:53:27 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Selling such a huge chunk of land should have required minority shareholders' approval!!!!

I hope that Eagaads did not 'sell' the land but got a share of Tatuu...

I think this is a speculators haven for now but at the end of the day when the truth eventually comes in the open *sungura wajaja* will have gotten their profits and jumped out.

[color=blue]Firstly, read this document which is in the public domain http://www.2shared.com/d...gads_Letter_to_NSE.html[/color]

From this document you will see that Waguthu Holdings Ltd are the major shareholders of Eaagads (62%). Waguthu Holdings has acquired land from Eaagads for development of Tatu City. What the people rushing to hold a stake in this firm is that they have no stake in Tatu City...NEVER!! More also the principle activity of this company has not changed to development of real estate properties BUT it remains growing-processing-marketing of coffee but maybe that will change later on but i doubt it. The short term benefits maybe a one off payment for acquisition of the land by WHL & RenCap.

My position remains that not unless shareholders are called to approve the principle activity of the company...somebody will get a rotten egg on his face while WHL smiles all the way to the bank.
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
sparkly
#23 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2010 7:14:23 AM

Minority shareholders have been screwed over. Eagads is now Waguthu, but Waguthu is not Eagads! That leaves the minority shareholders with extremely scaled down operations and a parent company not interested in the business of Eagads. If you are in Eagads you might get a large one-off special dividend and told to bounce. Wooooiii where is stella kilonzo.
Life is short. Live passionately.
the deal
#24 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 10:26:21 AM

This stock might just go on a never ending rally lemme join the Great Alligator and SPECULATE on Tatu City.
guru267
#25 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 12:22:58 PM

the deal wrote:
This stock might just go on a never ending rally lemme join the Great Alligator and SPECULATE on Tatu City.

@the deal I think you are quite right... I was watching Aly Khans Interview on CNBC and he said based on the land revaluations and premiums to be paid Eaagads is worth 400bob per share

At a current price of 55 I will buy ONLY 1000 shares since i'm speculating and watch this grow or get wiped out...

But right now this stock seems to offer more prospects of return than ris
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
ndumesidubu
#26 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 7:18:28 PM

I agree that in the short term eegads is a buy the share price only driven by association sentiment and nothing underlying, but taking into consideration that it is just a tool for Waguthu because of what it owns, "land" which is the only contribution Waguthu is making in Tatu i have my reservations on whether its a buy n hold for the long haul, you can be certain that non of the partners at Tatu are interested in driving up shareholder value at eegads, their only concern is the land that now that they hve control can easily be converted from coffee to real estate with ease, i dont know what waguthu is paying for the shares but i am sure they are willing to pay premium because it desperately needs what eegad owns.
"Individuals who cannot master their emotions are ill-suited to profit from the investment process."
Benjamin Graham
BGL
#27 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 12:18:13 AM

ndumesidubu wrote:
i dont know what waguthu is paying for the shares but i am sure they are willing to pay premium because it desperately needs what eegad owns.

Waguthu Holdings acquired 62% of issued share in Eaagads LAST YEAR! Then, nobody except Waguthu's & RenCap knew there will be a TATU city.
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
the deal
#28 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 9:20:04 AM

I can only buy 200 shares here n hope speculators push the price up...coz Eaagards own 0 shares of Tatu city...Eaagards wasjust cannibalised by the Russians.
Sure
#29 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 9:51:48 AM

guru267 wrote:
the deal wrote:

@the deal I think you are quite right... I was watching Aly Khans Interview on CNBC and he said based on the land revaluations and premiums to be paid Eaagads is worth 400bob per share

At a current price of 55 I will buy ONLY 1000 shares since i'm speculating and watch this grow or get wiped out...

But right now this stock seems to offer more prospects of return than ris

@thedeal

Was this the story

Aly Khan Satchu Nov 1, 2010
Agricultural firms sitting on the jackpot
The launch of Tatu City, a project by Renaissance Group, last week is apparently the largest post colonial planned city in sub Saharan Africa. It is bigger than Sandton in South Africa and will house 66,000 residents, it is estimated to be a Sh400b project and covers 1000 hectares of land off the Thika super highway
The news flow made people begin to visualise the scope of the project
That’s a game changer right there
Some years ago, I had done my analysis and pored through the balance sheets of all the agricultural counters listed at the Nairobi Stock Exchange
And I had noticed that the vast land banks were being carried in the accounts at the historic price. This was the case with Eaagads, Sasini Tea and Coffee, Kakuzi, Williamson and Kapchorua Tea
I then started paying a great deal more attention to the location of the land. I had a supreme conviction that tea and coffee prices were headed to multi year highs so I saw the underlying metrics improving and on top of that I saw this ‘jackpot’ trade where these agricultural companies would convert some land into residential real estate and unlock value for their shareholders
For example, I estimated Eaagads to be worth 400 shillings a share, Sasini Tea and Coffee about 70 shillings a share, Kakuzi something like 500 shillings a share
Basically between seven to ten times the current share price
Eaagads is up 150% over the last 12 months and rallied over 15% from Wednesday last week
You see in any financial market from Timbuktu to New York, there is one reality. You have to create value for shareholders otherwise you are toast. If you are not maximising returns for shareholders, you are in fact in gross dereliction of your duty
I asked myself every day, why have the management of these agricultural companies been so derelict in this one and preeminent role of creating value for their shareholders? Why has it taken a company from Russia to show us what needs to be done? Why have Sasini, Kakuzi and each and every company that should have instituted this play book long before Rennaissance even sniffed it not done so? The 21st century has now arrived and we all have to take a long and hard look at two things as shareholders: competence of leadership at creating value for its shareholders and ways of compulsion of making majority shareholders operate at best practice
I can assure you the whole world is now looking through the inner workings of these agricultural companies
In fact, I invite all of you to do so because it is an information century
Shares go up and down and readers are advised that this column represents Mr Satchu’s personal opinions.

Wisdom to detect when share prices hit rock bottom.
When interest on bonds keep going up, you know the bear run is on high street. When interest on bonds start leveling, the bear has met the bull and they have hit rock bottom. When the interest rates on bonds start coming down, the bull has overpowered the bear and you better be riding the bull.
Paul Kukubo
#30 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 10:22:50 AM

Am getting itno this one full force, speculation or whatever kando. Then, I will sell at 200 and leave others to enjoy the other 200.
mkonomtupu
#31 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 10:25:04 AM

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
VituVingiSana
#32 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 2:56:11 PM

Did you Aly Khan Satchu's office are in the same building as Renaissance Capital?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Surealligator
#33 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 3:28:57 PM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
It pays kujuana

@youcan't...

What do you mean by that? Does going out of your way to do research amount to kujuana?
Go overdrive in purchasing the goods when there's blood on the streets, expecially if the blood is your own
Wa_ithaka
#34 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 3:30:48 PM

Vvs-as I said, Kenyans are naive beyond repair.

Lakini for real, Eaagads is a good speculative stock until Ksh75.
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
Surealligator
#35 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 3:33:19 PM

the deal wrote:
Pray Pray Pray True u just finished it...Eaagards doesnt benefit in anyway...this is a well crafted scheme...why did RenCap use fronts to buy into Eaagards? They didnt even consult the minority shareholder.

mjuaji wa stocks wrote:
Apart from the sale of the land to RC….plus the 3 individuals mentioned below……..how is EEAGADS going to benefit in the real estate????

To me ….the developer of the real estate is not EEAGADS but the 3 individuals (Nahashon nyaga; steve mwagiru and vimal shah) who bought this land from EEAGADS.

Therefore …. Unless the money from the sale of land is sub-divided among the shareholders of EEAGADS … they have no other benefit at all!!!
These guys have carefully crafted this scheme…..which will benefit them now and in the future…..

How???

The guys are going to sub-divide the land into parcels …..With controlled development……

sell the land to Developers……

these developers will develop their parcels as per the control design; then they will still be paying a lease rent to tatu city council associated with the guys who own the land….

@The deal

How do you know if they consulted minority members.
Go overdrive in purchasing the goods when there's blood on the streets, expecially if the blood is your own
Surealligator
#36 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 3:35:32 PM

t.A.T.u. (Russian: Тату́ pronounced ( listen), transliterated as "tattoo") is a pop duo formed in Moscow, Russia in 1999 by Ivan Shapovalov. The group consists of Lena Katina and Yulia Volkova. Known worldwide, they are the most successful Russian band to date.

Their debut single "Ya Soshla S Uma", Russian version of "All The Things She Said", was released in December 2000. It became a huge hit in Russia and Eastern Europe, mostly because of the lesbian gimmick that the band used in the video for the single. In early 2001, Shapovalov signed a recording contract with Universal Music to release the debut album, 200 Po Vstrechnoy. It was released in May of that year and became multi-platinum in Russia and platinum in Europe, making t.A.T.u. the first group from Eastern Europe to get the IFPI platinum award. In late 2002, they released 200 km/h in the Wrong Lane, the English version of 200 Po Vstrechnoy. With the release of this album t.A.T.u. became the first group ever to get the IFPI Europe platinum award for the same album in two different languages, the album also got the diamond certification in Japan and gold in the United Kingdom and the United States. The album's lead single "All The Things She Said" spent four consecutive weeks at the number 1 spot in the UK Singles Chart, and topped the charts internationally.
Surealligator
#37 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 3:44:46 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
If sure's. Info is this accurate, how can that be a bad thing, when other investors are using this info to get ahead. Use it to your advantage and kimya kimya.

@Aguytrying

Woi! I've been bashed here like nonsence. Kwani I have eaten someone's chicken.

Kimya kimya is the word, you buy pole pole and thank God he showed you the way, courtesy of Wazua.

I won't read beyond this point till another day. Haki nimefanyiwa mob justice hapa hapa. Lakini, ni sawa tu.
youcan'tstopusnow
#38 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 5:20:30 PM

Surealligator wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
It pays kujuana

@youcan't...

What do you mean by that? Does going out of your way to do research amount to kujuana?

No offence
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
youcan'tstopusnow
#39 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 5:31:14 PM

Isn't EAAGADS' primary business going to be affected in the near future by the sale of land? VVS, AKS could have just got a call and told to go REN CAP's office for afternoon 'tea'. Haha. But the stock seems to have had good volumes today
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#40 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 6:52:12 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Did you Aly Khan Satchu's office are in the same building as Renaissance Capital?

Actually saw him once there and wondered what he was doing there!
@SufficientlyP