wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
Kamanda, Wathika n Thuo
marex
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 1:16:29 PM

Favorites to win Mondays elections? whats ya take?
The way I am
Impunity
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 1:22:05 PM

Ndolo,Maggy and Alice.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

marex
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 1:33:50 PM

Maggy wont go back to parliament ...she is downest...kwanza jana he talked rudely abt men in a TV show! pissed me off
The way I am
Impunity
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 2:31:18 PM

And only Thuo honored the capital talk on K24 among the Juja aspirants invited.

Noble
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 3:07:30 PM

Kabogo seems to be the favourite in Juja. Infact Thuo is accused of concentrating on the chief whip job and forgeting his responsibility as an MP.
Wa_ithaka
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 3:34:28 PM

Thuo won't get back in
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
Noble
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 3:59:39 PM

Personal poll by @Noble & co.
Kabogo - 40%
Thuo - 30%
Alice Nganga - 15%
Ndicu and others- 15%
McReggae
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 4:01:09 PM

My prediction:
Ndolo, kamanda, Kabogo!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
nostoppingthis
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 4:06:24 PM

Jimnah Mbaru should have rushad his hat in the starehe ring, ama anangoja Governor?
As much as Maggie anafaa kuchukuwa hiyo kiti, naona Kamanda pulling a fast one.

Kabogo, Ndolo (bado watafikiria ni mkamba tena?)
slammers
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 4:36:25 PM

poll according to juja residents
Alice 36%
Kabogo 32%
Thuo 15%
MaichBlack
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 5:28:27 PM

slammers wrote:
poll according to juja residents
Alice 36%
Kabogo 32%
Thuo 15%

Alice? Seriously!? I heard her trying to express herself yesterday, aii!! I found myself thinking that free education should have been introduced earlier - for her sake! But then again, voters don't look at trivial things like education, ideas, track records etc. There are more serious things to consider like that fifty bob [Kabogo is ahead on this] and stuff like that.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 5:40:25 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
Jimnah Mbaru should have rushad his hat in the starehe ring, ama anangoja Governor?
As much as Maggie anafaa kuchukuwa hiyo kiti, naona Kamanda pulling a fast one.

Kabogo, Ndolo (bado watafikiria ni mkamba tena?)

Whoever said life is not fair couldn't have been more correct. Maggie knew very well she 'stole' the election and she knew very well she will not survive the full term. A by election was a given! So what does she do? The last 2 years she has been on a full blown campaign - using CDF, the Salary Kamanda should have been earning, 'air time' etc. Everything she has done in the last 2 years was calculated with the inevitable by election in mind.

To the legal minds in the house, wasn't there a route Kamanda would have followed to force the electoral commission - independent or otherwise - to declare him the winner coz the numbers were clear? I know the court has no powers to do so but the electoral commission?

On Jimnah, I think he is bigger than both Maggie and Kamanda. He should not get into a contest unless he is very serious about it. There was a time he was to be given a government job [Some information was pointing towards a PS job]. What happened to that - for those of you who play golf you know where.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
kadonye
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 7:55:56 PM

Wanjiru's posters hav the slogan 'kazi iendelee' on them.How confusing!
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
slammers
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 8:06:24 PM

yah Alice is poor at expressing herself but she aint a proud arrogant and self righteous b..ch like kabogn and thuo
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 9:07:04 PM

As much as I don't like Kamanda, I think he's the better devil compared to Wanjiru. As for Ndolo and Kabogo, shindwe kabisa!

BBI will solve it
:)
kadonye
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 9:25:04 PM

I'm back to one of my favorite phrases:'WE USE THE WRONG CRITERIA TO JUDGE MPs.'(Councilors too)

We ask ourselves,what is he doing with his money to help the constituents?What will he/she do for us(with his money)

Our main criteria is on how many times the MP has been seen in the constituency doing harambees, constructing new infrastructure and paying school fees for needy children.

We happily voted the new constitution for selfish reasons:we now have more hands to feed us!Sasa mtakula ya 7 candidates!

An MPs duty is to represent your interests in bunge which has 2 main roles:

1.Law making and amendments
2.Oversight on the executive arm of the government through such avenues like budget approval and parliamentary oversight commitees.

I'm yet to hear of a constituency in Kenya which has voted out its MP due to his failure on the above 2 reasons.It's always haonekani huku,hatuoni ile maendeleo amefanya..na kadhalika

I'm not saying an MP should not be accountable for development.Infact, he is in a good position to petition the executive while in parliament to give his constituents their share of the national cake in roads,hospitals etc.He is also in a good position to lobby NGOs and donors to direct their efforts in his area.BUT THIS IS NOT HIS MAIN DUTY!

How will this mentality work in the new constitution?Who between the kanjura,rep to county govt, member of national assembly,senator,governor or the woman representative to the national assembly will you hold into account for doing a harambee in local schools?

No wonder we have the moneyed sitting pretty in bunge coz they have the chums.They're voted out in one election coz of going against euphoria but romp back with a landslide later on e.g Njenga Karume's comeback in 1997

If I was in Juja,between Kabogo and Thuo, I'd go for Thuo

What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
Jaina
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2010 6:39:57 AM

Jimnah Mbaru is a brilliant Man. He knows that the MPship will be degraded come 2012. He stands a better chance of getting one of the ministrial jobs if he doesnt involve himselve in active politics at this moment.

Secretary of Finance - (Jimnah Mbaru ) makes sense after 2012 elections. just a thought

masukuma
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2010 9:11:20 AM

@Jaina...how true are your claims that Jimnah knows what you say he knows...or did you mean to say ...."I think Jimna Mbaru...blah blah blah..., He Should know that the MPShip blah blah..."
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Silk
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:29:52 AM

Ndolo, Kamanda and Kabogo as somebody said.
Impunity
#20 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2010 1:08:27 PM

How will it be if Wathika were to contest in Juja?(Wa-Thika for Juja)
And Thika is in Juja.
d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!