wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages123>»
Greater eastern bypass
Wiztec
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 5:58:33 PM

Anyone who knows where this road is? i need to understnd where it start from mombasa road to thika, well am made to understnd it passes there just a head of eastern bypass, anyone on the know could you shade some light? rgds
whynow
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 9:24:37 PM

Not cock sure but should be at Devki Arthi River. Road towards Kinanie, Daystar vicinity.
peterjohn
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 9:18:43 AM

Thu, September 9, 2010
Home
About Us
E-Magazine
Advertise
Directory
List your Site
Contact us
News
Features
Featured Property
Housing
Infrastructure
Equipment
Interiors
Posts Comments You are here: Home / Infrastructure / Northern Bypass Nairobi Map
Northern Bypass Nairobi Map
The Northern bypass is one of Kenya government’s major infrastructure projects aimed at making the country a regional business hub.

The 31-km bypass starts from Ruaka trading centre along Limuru Road, overpasses Banana Road through Runda and Thome estates. It then proceeds to Kahawa West and eventually to Ruiru, through Kamae, where it joins the Eastern bypass.

The Northern bypass together with the Eastern one will cost Sh8.5 billion. Kenya is financing 15 per cent of the project (Sh1.2 billion) while the China is financing the remaining 85 per cent (Sh7.3 billion).

Once complete, the Northern bypass will be wide enough to accommodate two heavy commercial vehicles going opposite directions.

The project is expected to be complete by 2012 and includes construction of interchanges, flyovers, box culverts, and standard pipe culverts.

China has appointed China Road and Bridge Corporation (CRBC) as the contractor for the project.
Wendz
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 9:45:08 AM

The Eastern By-pass starts on the Ruiru-Kiambu road. It crosses the Nairobi Northern bypass and the Ruiru railway line into Thika road. After crossing Thika Road, it crosses Kamiti, Gathara-ini and Nairobi rivers into Ruai. The corridor then crosses Kangundo road and traverses about 10 kilometers to Mombasa road through Embakasi Garrison and the North Airport Road.
Wiztec
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 10:58:28 AM

Hi Wendz, thanks for the good description of eastern, i needed greater eastern bypass do you know where it is?
whynow
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 11:20:34 AM

WIZTECH - i gave u the ans.
maina20
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 11:24:59 AM

Shame on you i beg to differ......it starts from kitengela/mombasa rd junction where there is a under bridge....then all the way via kangundo rd at Brookshine school...then .....all the way to thika via mwalimu farm.........from a reliable source......
..desire to succeed is always fighting with fear of failure..
Surealligator
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 12:02:06 PM

Wendz wrote:
The Eastern By-pass starts on the Ruiru-Kiambu road. It crosses the Nairobi Northern bypass and the Ruiru railway line into Thika road. After crossing Thika Road, it crosses Kamiti, Gathara-ini and Nairobi rivers into Ruai. The corridor then crosses Kangundo road and traverses about 10 kilometers to Mombasa road through Embakasi Garrison and the North Airport Road.

@Wendz

I suspect Wiztec is asking about Greater
Eastern bypass. I've heard of Great North Rd, Great East Rd and Capetown-Cairo Intercountry Rd.

Now, hi greater eastern bypass must be for Aeroplanes.
Go overdrive in purchasing the goods when there's blood on the streets, expecially if the blood is your own
Mpenzi
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 12:12:32 PM

can somebody simplify all these by posting a map of nbi showing these bypasses. might such info be in google maps yet?
Wendz
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 12:19:57 PM

Wiztec wrote:
Hi Wendz, thanks for the good description of eastern, i needed greater eastern bypass do you know where it is?

ooooops! you said greater what? its in kenya? must be somewhere in sudan...... pana iko jua hiyo na toka wapi na kwenda wapi!

(I bet that's how I fail exams(and i do more often than not).... thinking I know and answering the question that wasnt asked.... ABK mimi Sad Sad Sad Sad )
extrablessed
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 12:27:57 PM

If you are asking about the by-pass connecting Thika Rd and Msa Rd, I used it about 2 weeks ago.

It starts where they demolished some petrol stations, just after clay works. You wont see it coz they have left the road unconnected for about 100M. Use the rough section and climb onto the black smooth wide road. U can drive at whatever speed u wish cos there are no many cars and no cops. Beware of bridges still under construction along the way. Go past Kangundo-Ruai Rd untill next to Utawala. From there the road goes thro the GSU/Admin training at Embakasi....but you wont be allowed to proceed to that section of the road. You are forced to divert to Utawala village which is hell on earth rough section....

Anyway, the bypass is supposed to exit the GSU area at embakasi, run parallel to the airport and join Msa Rd at City Kabanas via an overpass....
tuvok
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 12:40:55 PM

it's mostly good till you get to embakasi... then that section you shall cry tears for your suspension :)
simonkabz
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 1:41:07 PM

Who doesnt know of the almost complete eastern bypass? There is another proposed road, parallel to thika highway, connecting garissa road (makongeni thika) to msa road. Maybe itaunganishwa na either kangundo road or directly to the eastern bypass. Iko, at least as per thika rumours.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Cicero
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 2:00:32 PM

What road, pray, has made plots at Kyumvi along Mombasa road (Machakos junction) expensive? Or is it just contruction of a truck stop-over there? Is there a bypass starting at Kyumvi to Thika? Or one starting there through Kitengela to Limuru for trucks? Anyone the wiser?
Don't gamble; take all your savings and buy some good stock and hold it till it goes up, then sell it. If it don't go up, don't buy it...
whynow
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2010 2:26:13 PM

Guys the tender for design of this road was in the papers last week and this week. It could join mombasa road at namanga junction as maina20 says or further down towards masaku. Saw it at HFCK who are trying to sell some plots along this proposed road. But just cant recall the exact spot.
ECHOKENYA
#16 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 2:12:07 PM

starts from kitengela/mombasa rd junction upto near kiganjo estate Thika
http://echoproperties.kbo.co.ke
Echo estate management Limited
kyt
#17 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 5:45:13 PM

same road, different describtion.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
whynow
#18 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 6:06:37 PM

KYT- Usidanganye watu.

Greater Eastern has not even been designed. This is the one Wiztec is talking about. Eastern is already under construction and almost complete. It connects to mombasa rd at City Cabanas while Greater Eastern connects to Mombasa Road at some point after Mulolongo.
Ka-Dry
#19 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 7:10:22 PM

This Road is real,
The design is going on.
I'll be back with details of the route
mnandii
#20 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 9:03:32 PM

THE GREATER EASTERN BYPASS starts at Lukenya crosses Kangundo Road towards Kilimambogo and stops at Garissa Road. Still in its initial stages since mapping and aerial photography is what is currently ongoing (as of May, 2011).
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.