wazua Wed, May 15, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
Lets Sue Zain
VituVingiSana
#41 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 9:24:33 PM

mjuaji wa stocks wrote:
Kenyans are a funny lot!!!

sawa tu...but remember kencell..celtel...then Zain...now Bharti...next?

This guys came to kenya first....used per minute billing...lost customers...This time round eti wamepunguza cost.....guys ...business is about making momney...not philanthropy....

I bet zain=pain....will not survive this price war....as a shareholder of safcom ...i know they have a strategy to bit zain hands down this time round like they did in the first round!!

Wahindi waje....hapa si asia...ni africa...economies of scale they say...ok...costs associated?? Well; unless they want to pay peanuts to their staff...BTW who is the best employer....zain ama safcom??

You cant make money by losing money; let us check their books after a year.

Mimi nasema safaricom wanashinda!!

Think Think Think Think Think Think
Nonsense... utter nonsense... WHO CARES IF ZAIN/BHARTI/AIRTEL LOSES money except the shareholders???

I think it is safariCON shareholders who are up in arms... I am HAPPY that I pay 2-4 for calls vs 6-14 1 month ago... The savings go onto my table...
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#42 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 10:09:38 PM

vinii wrote:
@mlefu, instead of suing Zain for promulgating,,,,,,,i mean for reducing their rates, you are better off suing safaricom for giving out part of your equity to Mobitelea ..hehehe
And the score is 1-0
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
dukawalla
#43 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 10:19:37 PM

Kumbe there are Mobitelea shareholders on Wazua and they are finally coming out of their hiding (i.e. mlefu et al).

Every time I hear this nauseating statement that - "Business returns in Kenya (or Africa) are higher than in Europe or in Asia", I always feel like punching whoever said it. Reason - business models applied by many companies in Kenya are illegal, immoral and unsustainable and can only be summed up as theft - open day-light thuggery from the poor masses.

Why should the poor masses in Africa be paying more for services than in America, Europe or Asia for example? Yet we keep asking why all our economic indicators have pointed south and why our economies have lagged behind all this time.

Kenyans have naively been made to believe that it is fashionable to be ostentatious even when paying for basics of human existence- food, shelter and clothing. The mitumba that 90 % of Kenyans will be wearing is for example more expensive than new cloths off the shop in Asian and in many European countries, yet because of lack of alternatives many Kenyans have been happy to pay the over-inflated prices for these old flee infested clothes.

Zain is a god-sent and has come to re-write the way business is done in this part of the world. Break down the cartel rings and offer value to customers.
Much Know
#44 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 10:33:50 PM

@dukawalla just pick an economics book to understand why margins are higher in 3rd world markets than more developed markets. Why are interest rates so much higher here and everyone from the west is not falling over their heels to lend here? Dont use the term 'economic' then start yapping marxism, you will just let some of us know you get dot in economics. Even China and Russia would laugh, try post in Cuban or North Korean version of wazua
A New Kenya
dukawalla
#45 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 11:39:21 PM

Mjuaji(Much Know), Am flattered that you call me a communist. But I had forgotten that this is Kenya, a failed country were thieves and robbers are glorified and called street smart. We give them votes and offerings. And even go great lengths to defend Safcom as though MJ personally delivers the text messages we send to the recipients door with a bouquet of flowers.
sparkly
#46 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 12:02:28 AM

dukawalla wrote:
Kumbe there are Mobitelea shareholders on Wazua and they are finally coming out of their hiding (i.e. mlefu et al).

Every time I hear this nauseating statement that - "Business returns in Kenya (or Africa) are higher than in Europe or in Asia", I always feel like punching whoever said it. Reason - business models applied by many companies in Kenya are illegal, immoral and unsustainable and can only be summed up as theft - open day-light thuggery from the poor masses.

Why should the poor masses in Africa be paying more for services than in America, Europe or Asia for example? Yet we keep asking why all our economic indicators have pointed south and why our economies have lagged behind all this time.

Kenyans have naively been made to believe that it is fashionable to be ostentatious even when paying for basics of human existence- food, shelter and clothing. The mitumba that 90 % of Kenyans will be wearing is for example more expensive than new cloths off the shop in Asian and in many European countries, yet because of lack of alternatives many Kenyans have been happy to pay the over-inflated prices for these old flee infested clothes.

Zain is a god-sent and has come to re-write the way business is done in this part of the world. Break down the cartel rings and offer value to customers.

@dukawalla you hit da nail on da head.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Money Whisperer
#47 Posted : Wednesday, September 01, 2010 3:23:26 AM

I can't believe it that some people are pissed off by Zain. It is Safcom we should be suing for overpricing. If Zain had not lowered their price Safcom would have maintained the high rates even with CCK reducing their charges. Zain are my hero currently. If Safcom can't keep up then they should ship out other people will buy it and play ball.
"Money never sleeps"
mv_ufanisi
#48 Posted : Wednesday, September 01, 2010 12:35:30 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
vinii wrote:
@mlefu, instead of suing Zain for promulgating,,,,,,,i mean for reducing their rates, you are better off suing safaricom for giving out part of your equity to Mobitelea ..hehehe
And the score is 1-0

@VVS I'd say more like 10-0
VituVingiSana
#49 Posted : Wednesday, September 01, 2010 2:03:45 PM

I support ZAIN... AIRTEL... whatever... the 3/- guys!

Why? Coz if they had not slashed prices, neither would have safaricom... that said... I use Zain exclusively for calls...

Internet is now Orange's 1/- per MB or 990/- unlimited per week (tho slower than Safaricom)
KulaRaha
#50 Posted : Wednesday, September 01, 2010 2:09:34 PM

OH NO!!!!!!

I read in today's paper inflation has dropped from 3.6% to 3.2% coz of cellphone price wars.

We should sue Zain for making life affordable, and Safcon for copying.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming