wazua Wed, May 15, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
Lets Sue Zain
kanda
#21 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 3:45:37 PM

i cannot say this louder: CCK did no mandate any operator to lower their call charges. i really cannot see whats difficult in understanding that simple fact!!!
Abunuasi
#22 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 4:31:13 PM

@Kanda
Chambilecho wasanifu, akufukuzaye akuambii toka!
In simpler terms actions speak louder than sound. CCK is not providing a level playing ground for the players in the market. As much as we are enjoying reduced call rates, cck is biased.
You cant declare that once a player is dominant (like safcm), they have to wait for at least a month to react to other players price reductions ..bla bla
Let the competition thrive and the most innovative company will excel.
The work of CCK shud be more like a referee in a footbal match.
Just bcoz Tores is a nice player, you cant limit him to score only using is head. Such that when other players are allowed to score with either their legs, chest, head.etc..hes anly limited to score using is head.
Or
When the opponent player gets a ball, he has to be still for 30 seconds before reacting.
That was unheard of till CCK brought about their draconian policies.
samwank
#23 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 4:42:37 PM

some of us must have heavily invested in safcom but lets remain objective in our arguments
KulaRaha
#24 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 4:50:20 PM

samwank wrote:
some of us must have heavily invested in safcom but lets remain objective in our arguments

hahahahhahahahaha

Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
mjuaji wa stocks
#25 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 4:52:21 PM

Kenyans are a funny lot!!!

sawa tu...but remember kencell..celtel...then Zain...now Bharti...next?

This guys came to kenya first....used per minute billing...lost customers...This time round eti wamepunguza cost.....guys ...business is about making momney...not philanthropy....

I bet zain=pain....will not survive this price war....as a shareholder of safcom ...i know they have a strategy to bit zain hands down this time round like they did in the first round!!

Wahindi waje....hapa si asia...ni africa...economies of scale they say...ok...costs associated?? Well; unless they want to pay peanuts to their staff...BTW who is the best employer....zain ama safcom??

You cant make money by losing money; let us check their books after a year.

Mimi nasema safaricom wanashinda!!

Think Think Think Think Think Think
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

bss
#26 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 4:54:35 PM

Clearly, watu wamechomeka safaricom.

pls inform yourself on the indians previous success with economies of scale...SCOM won't shut down, it will just incur reduced profits from voice, if they continue joking be sure also data...

sue for what anyway? consumers are just redeploying their expenditure, the tax and opportunities follow and will still exist.the price war just called for more innovation!

you should have sued your broker instead for not invoking your stop-loss! haha
samwank
#27 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 4:58:19 PM

As a polite reminder the title of the thread is Lets Sue Zain not [b]safaricom die hard section.[/b.
selah
#28 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 5:19:15 PM

Quote:
As a polite reminder the title of the thread is Lets Sue Zain not [b]safaricom die hard section.[/b.

Why would you want to sue ZAIN if u aint a SAFARICOM DIEHARD?
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
Njung'e
#29 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 5:26:38 PM

@Selah,
Because Zain reduced their call charges......hahahahahaha!!....Mlefu kanavuta bangi pamoja na mbegu!!.....BK!
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
nostoppingthis
#30 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 5:30:20 PM

The reduction of cal rates is really interesting! Wacha iendelee. Did I hear Orange have now come up with 100Kshs per month?!!!!! Is that only within their network?
Horton
#31 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 5:50:49 PM

mjuaji wa stocks wrote:
Kenyans are a funny lot!!!

sawa tu...but remember kencell..celtel...then Zain...now Bharti...next?

This guys came to kenya first....used per minute billing...lost customers...This time round eti wamepunguza cost.....guys ...business is about making momney...not philanthropy....

I bet zain=pain....will not survive this price war....as a shareholder of safcom ...i know they have a strategy to bit zain hands down this time round like they did in the first round!!

Wahindi waje....hapa si asia...ni africa...economies of scale they say...ok...costs associated?? Well; unless they want to pay peanuts to their staff...BTW who is the best employer....zain ama safcom??

You cant make money by losing money; let us check their books after a year.

Mimi nasema safaricom wanashinda!!

Think Think Think Think Think Think

U clearly dont understand, pricing wars are GOOD for 30m+ kenyans, vs monopoly(read as extortion), that makes the mobiteleas rich and a select few. Ur bitching coz u can now make calls at a cheaper rate? R u f-ing serious??? Why??? If I were u I would dump those shares coz monopoly is dying very fast. Clearly ulikata shule!!

Wacha stress, dump those scon shares.....any normal person would tell u, prices are not going back to what they were ever!! Thanks to zain, we dot have to be extorted anymore by safaricon...poor services and exorbitant rates....then u make a profit?!?, bure kabisa!!

TAZ
#32 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 6:20:02 PM

If i was a Zain shareholder i would care about their profits and losses but i'm not. As long as they have the best rates around i will stick with them.
muganda
#33 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 6:21:20 PM

Interesting but cheeky debate; inspired me to look up recent collapses of mobile companies

Down and Out
2007, USA, Amp'd Mobile with 175,000 niche customers
2010, Japan, Willcom with 4.3 million subscribers

On the verge
2010, Congo, CWN with 3.6 million subscribers
2010, USA, Sprint Nextel with 4.4 million postpaid subscribers

Sad to see Zain Kenya has never really made money for anyone apart from Merali. We all said it would be difficult for the Arabs to run dry but Lo! Is it ironical that in 2008, Rene Meza announced another 25 billion injection in Kenyan network? http://www.arabianbusine...lion-in-kenyan-network-

New tariffs should benefit customers in the near future, as long as CCK does not allow fake tariff increases in the obituary pages to stem bleeding.

Is it true we are paying cheaper than South Africa in country rates?

KulaRaha
#34 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 6:25:02 PM

Njung'e wrote:
@Selah,
Because Zain reduced their call charges......hahahahahaha!!....Mlefu kanavuta bangi pamoja na mbegu!!.....BK!

hahahahahhahahahhaha

Even i want some......

Who cares which operator makes profit or not, or gets sold or not,.....who cares? That measly dividend you got wont even buy you a decent meal with drinks for 2....leave alone even make a dent in your investment portfolio...

At the end of the day, you're finally paying 3 bob per minute per call to anywhere right? You monthly bill is down by more than 50% ... Let them lose money, make money, bleed money, lay money whatever...

WE THE CONSUMER HAVE WON!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Horton
#35 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 6:32:19 PM

Kularaha hallelujah!!
Much Know
#36 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 7:35:28 PM

The fact is Zain Kenya is collapsing and Rene is pulling some desperate maneuvers to stay afloat, i will give a detailed post later

@muganda, yes the fella pulled the same lie of 24billion before reporting a loss of 7.2billion in October 2009 (After vuka), BHARTI MITTAL WILL NOT THROW GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD, BY OCTOBER THIS YEAR, THINGS MAY BE BAAAAD, be warned, safaricom is about to become ever more dominant due to Zains MD's reckless price undercutting.

I have no bad wishes for Zain, but the MD is not that smart, why don't(didn't) they get a smarter local?
A New Kenya
jerry
#37 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 7:35:51 PM

@Horton, Amen. I read an extreme case of desperation by shareholders who thought the price of safCon would go to 7/= by close of books on 2nd, sep. And then a good 3! months' wait for the meagre dividends. Just as MJ recently admitted, they are "the better option" and not the best. Emotions are for the bedroom!
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
obiero
#38 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 7:38:06 PM

hahahahaha. ati torres angoje thirty seconds before reacting. umenimada kaka!

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
vinii
#39 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 8:37:13 PM

@mlefu, instead of suing Zain for promulgating,,,,,,,i mean for reducing their rates, you are better off suing safaricom for giving out part of your equity to Mobitelea ..hehehe
If you are an eagle don't hang around with chickens; chickens don't fly....
mlefu
#40 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 9:14:09 PM

office guys..this is what happens in business world..jua kali .

you open up a shop, you get your customers, make good money. Party B think he is better than you, opens a shop opposite yours, reduces the prices to make idiotic margins, his argument will be to get customers,work with huge volumes and possibly will make profits in later years. to avoid losing your customers you lower your prices. soon your customers run back to you, Party B closes shop. you sit back and think..i have made loses for the past 1 year..let the customers pay and UP goes your prices..who is laughing NOW!!!!!

i have another appointment at CCK..who`s with me?