wazua Sat, May 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
Managed Forex Accounts
The Merchant
#41 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 10:59:04 AM

Mitaji wrote:
To all traders, please be careful trading this week. This week is quadruple witching week. So we may get high volatility especially on friday 3.00-4.00 pm ET.I would rather stay out of the market Thursday and Friday.

smile We will surely be on the look out bro!smile
Mitaji
#42 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 7:57:17 PM

Japan intervenes!!! If you turned on your screens today morning saw USD/JPY, you were probably like wtf! BOJ intervened selling their own currency. Looks like they have drawn the line at 83.00. I would be careful touching this one folks. Bank of Japan have got plenty reserves but the markets have deeper pockets.... may last a while.
mlefu
#43 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 9:05:24 AM

between fxcm and fxdd, which is more appropriate to risk trading with?
The Merchant
#44 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 3:42:12 PM

mlefu wrote:
between fxcm and fxdd, which is more appropriate to risk trading with?

Both are good but FXCM is a larger firm which makes it a better broker as they have to protect their image very much. However I find that FXDD has much better customer service.
emlyn ngwiri
#45 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:16:40 PM

And their trading platform? is it user friendly or permit the use effective trading software signaling aspects? i am asking because some trasing platform use complex platforms that take ages to understand.

cms fx has a platform that also includes the south african rand paired against the dollar ... how about that?
The Merchant
#46 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 12:00:05 PM

emlyn ngwiri wrote:
And their trading platform? is it user friendly or permit the use effective trading software signaling aspects? i am asking because some trasing platform use complex platforms that take ages to understand.

cms fx has a platform that also includes the south african rand paired against the dollar ... how about that?

Well FXDD uses MT4 platform which is quite useer friendly.
The Merchant
#47 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 12:06:13 PM

FXCM also has the usd/zar pair but it is a very volatile pair.
emlyn ngwiri
#48 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 12:38:55 PM

@The Merchant How many pips have have you confidently made in one trade and what fundamentals did you use to place the trade. also what lots did you use?
The Merchant
#49 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 1:13:19 PM

emlyn ngwiri wrote:
@The Merchant How many pips have have you confidently made in one trade and what fundamentals did you use to place the trade. also what lots did you use?

I trade 3 pairs currently: eur/usd, gbp/usd and usd/cad. Now the first 2 i mostly use technical analysis relying heavily on those that determine entry positons and exit positions eg MACD. I trade the second pair 80% fundamentals. Canada is the largest exporter of oil to the USA so any change in the price of oil no matter how slight affects this pair. It is my commodity pair. If one does not have the guts to do commodities i suggest this pair.
The most pips confidently in one trade is 100 pips which I achieve (rarely though as my average is 30) by moving my take profit points with a very successful trade. Any profit above 100 pips is rare and I consider myself lucky if I score that. I am considered very conservative by other traders though but that is how I prefer to trade.smile
mlefu
#50 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 6:21:33 PM

Quote:
have run an expert advisor on cms and i think its far much better than fxcm only on capital base..i have been on this demo for 5 months and i am thinking to go live..let me hear the positives.
mlefu
#51 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 1:48:37 PM

managed to go live Applause BUT uuuiiihhhh the reality NGAI FAFAPray
Chikot
#52 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:41:56 PM

I find this topic very interesting as I am working on my career as professional Forex trader and my goal is to manage other people money.
I think that for majority 1 year to learn Forex is just not enough time. It takes more than just learning techniques, it is more of psychological thing actually.
I am posting my trading results via myfxbook and I would like as many traders or prospective investors to monitor my trading:

http://www.myfxbook.com/...testing-end-month/47419

I am aiming at 4-10% monthly with DD up to 10% and risk per trade up to 2%.

teletalk
#53 Posted : Tuesday, November 09, 2010 5:09:19 PM

guyz this an interesting thread. its been my wish and passion to learn this trade even though will recruire a managed account manager and my mailin address is smwatsuma@yahoo.com. tx
manuPK
#54 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:34:21 AM

teletalk wrote:
guyz this an interesting thread. its been my wish and passion to learn this trade even though will recruire a managed account manager and my mailin address is smwatsuma@yahoo.com. tx

Same here to all the professionals on this thread. Drop me an email at patchez254(at)gmail(dot)com
Entrepreneurship is a cognitive bias. They can’t teach it to you.