wazua Fri, Sep 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Question to Subaru owners
funnyguy
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2010 7:39:58 PM

Just curious, how come most guys who own Subarus seem to have a strange, almost mysterious brand loyalty? I know/heard of dozens of guys who just won't buy any other car. . .i've heard of a guy who has everything from Leone to Tribeca. What's with that? Do Subarus come with a life-time supply of free fuel that I'm not aware of?

Mkimwa
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2010 11:49:12 PM

Once a subaru driver, always a subaru driver..
Surealligator
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 10:45:00 AM

Barus are made for those who appreciate a heartthrobbing drive and precision engineerling. Barus are actually unJapanese although they are made by Fuji Industries.

The other option for Subaru drivers is a Beamer. If you know the difference between a Beamer and a Merc, you would appreciate the big difference between a Baru and other Japanese cars.
Go overdrive in purchasing the goods when there's blood on the streets, expecially if the blood is your own
vin
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 11:21:40 AM

I have a thing for these Honda CRV-1998-2000 Make,to me this car is the throb of my heart.I want to own one very soon.Any wazuan with info about it kindly share.
Advice is like snow.The softer it lands the harder is sticks.
funnyguy
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 11:51:40 AM

Mkimwa wrote:
Once a subaru driver, always a subaru driver..

Is the same true for Beemer and Merc drivers? Do you know of anyone who's ever left Asian (Jap cars) for European cars(Germany, Italy) and went back to Asian?
funnyguy
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 11:58:44 AM

Surealligator wrote:
Barus are made for those who appreciate a heartthrobbing drive and precision engineerling. Barus are actually unJapanese although they are made by Fuji Industries.

The other option for Subaru drivers is a Beamer. If you know the difference between a Beamer and a Merc, you would appreciate the big difference between a Baru and other Japanese cars.

Read an article on Nissan X-trail on yesterday's newspaper (DN), wondered if a Sub handles and performs better than X-Trail.
tuvok
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 10:14:18 PM

Random facts... Subaru's parent company FHI is 16.7% owned by Toyota.

Would be curious to know what the cost of ownership (figures) of the various Subaru's are. esp the Legacy and Outbacks
luttz
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 29, 2010 8:15:42 PM

All vehicles have something to offer. If its not the cost of maintenance as for Toyota, its handling as its for Subaru or class as for most Germany Engineering. However, anybody in the right mind cannot compare Subaru with X-trail, maybe with Murano

Arnold
"You've never lived until you've almost died; for those who have fought for it, life has a flavour the protected will never know." Anonymous

"You've never lived until you've almost died; for those who have fought for it, life has a flavour the protected will never know."
quicksand
#9 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 3:25:51 AM

@funnyguy: Yes it does. Driven both, Subarus are very composed at high speeds and at corners. The suspension is tight. The X-Trail however has more space, is higher thus better visibility and an imposing presence on the road. Superb car for the man with a budding family. Would prefer it to the Voxy, for instance. Just a personal opinion, not a shot at the Voxy.
Surealligator
#10 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 10:35:14 AM

funnyguy wrote:
Surealligator wrote:

Read an article on Nissan X-trail on yesterday's newspaper (DN), wondered if a Sub handles and performs better than X-Trail.

A Baru is far superior to the Nissan X-trail. Those guys who write in the papers are doing it without the expertise it takes. You cannot judge a car by driving it in a single day. That is the mistake many Kenyans make, they walk into a show room, sample the cars, drive some, and 'walk' out driving a totally different car from what was in their mind when they set out to buy a car.

My first priority in a car is the long term performance, strong drivers cage, road handling and the muscle under the hood.
Go overdrive in purchasing the goods when there's blood on the streets, expecially if the blood is your own
Surealligator
#11 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 11:07:09 AM

I get sad when I see some cars on our roads. I wonder whether the owner was given the car free of charge or his/her concept of a car is anything that moves from point A to B. Here are cars I would never take a ride in even if stranded along Mtito Andei near Tsavo.

Platz
Vitz
Funcargo
Match

And any other car that shows I value fuel economy to my life.
bird_man
#12 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 11:22:40 AM

@Surealligator
Ouch!Very harsh there.People are just different....people have their reasons for "those" cars.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
kadonye
#13 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 11:31:54 AM

Surealligator
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

How come people refer to imprezza as an unsafe car?
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
smano
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 5:43:38 PM

@Surealligator,it's like you read my mind...no offense to anyone driving the aforementioned cars but why would a guy the size of Big Ted/Jonah Lomu/Klishkov go to a yard and buy a Vitz as his personal car yet you can get a car that literally "fits you" for the same price?

Anyway, a car is as personal as ngotha so you know what it means when you always see someone driving a dirty car!
BEER IS LIVING PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!