wazua Sun, May 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

The Best Web Design School
alma
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 24, 2010 10:08:34 AM

in the spirit of free information on wazua, does anyone know of a good college in web designing in Kenya?

which colleges offer web design as a course? If you know one that also offers creative writing which one is it?
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
inf8nity
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 24, 2010 11:09:00 AM

Hey alma, there are quite a lot of colleges claiming to offer web design but the funny thing the guys teaching aren't even web designers. So my advice would be use the internet there are lots of tutorials in pdf n videos which you can watch and learn.
Most of these tutorials have been created by the guys that actually do whatever they teach. The best part is you will always get whatever that is currently in use and won't have to worry about outdated info.
Well about creative writing i can't speak much cause i have no idea
alma
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 24, 2010 11:14:13 AM

thanks a lot inf8nity

I don't want to learn web design personally. I am interested in the colleges that offer it. I have been told they are many, but I have not found any online.

I am more interested in their students. Even if they aren't taught the right thing, at least they are interested in the topic.

thanks a lot. so any leads to these "schools"?
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
MaichBlack
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2010 3:55:51 PM

Try Nairobi Institute of Technology - located somewhere in westlands. The good thing about their Web Design course is that it is combined with aspects of animation so you will get individuals who will design interactive sites with animated content. I'm not sure if they offer any course on creative writing though. I don't have their contacts but you can google them.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
msotoville
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 29, 2010 11:12:10 PM

Local colle's are crap.

Try Lynda.com. They've got some kick**s video tutorials traversing the graphic/web/video/3d design divide.

Er...these tutorials are kinda pricey so if you'se a broke fella who's conversant with the torrent downloads, piratebay.org and bbwarez.org should work wonders! smile smile smile
So nice that its nasty, so bangin' its busting,
So slick that its sick, so dope its disgusting!
KenyanLyrics
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 29, 2010 11:25:18 PM

Many of the great web developers were self taught. If you're looking for a student you might as well try and track someone with an abnormal interest in design
alma
#7 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 10:03:43 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
Try Nairobi Institute of Technology - located somewhere in westlands. The good thing about their Web Design course is that it is combined with aspects of animation so you will get individuals who will design interactive sites with animated content. I'm not sure if they offer any course on creative writing though. I don't have their contacts but you can google them.

Thanks mate...just what i needed.