wazua Sun, May 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

ENROLLING FOR CFA
tkzee
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2010 11:45:02 AM

How do you go about enrolling for CFA?where do you pay for the registration fee?Am i late to enrol and register for next year?
''i can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies,but not the madness of people''-Isaac Newton
extrablessed
#2 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2010 1:27:00 PM

@tkzee: You enroll and pay online. I think the next exam in Nairobi Centre will be in June 2011 but you enroll now. The fee will carter for books and exams as well.

Once you receive the books, start reading immediately...and be disciplined!!! You could read on your own or register for tution wherever you wish. Strathmore university is one institution that offers good tution but you need to cough a tidy sum for that...ama you see me privately...

Please check www.cfainstitute.org

All the best
tkzee
#3 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2010 3:26:04 PM

extrablessed wrote:
@tkzee: You enroll and pay online. I think the next exam in Nairobi Centre will be in June 2011 but you enroll now. The fee will carter for books and exams as well.

Once you receive the books, start reading immediately...and be disciplined!!! You could read on your own or register for tution wherever you wish. Strathmore university is one institution that offers good tution but you need to cough a tidy sum for that...ama you see me privately...

Please check www.cfainstitute.org

All the best

Thanks for the infor,let me try and register.sambaza your email then we can talk.
''i can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies,but not the madness of people''-Isaac Newton
Zakumi
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 02, 2010 11:44:41 PM

@xtrablessed. Ive tried paying with my visa card from co-op with no success is it a must one uses a credit card how do i go abt it?
The Strong Do What They Want,The Weak Do What They Must!
VituVingiSana
#5 Posted : Friday, September 03, 2010 9:06:07 AM

Use a US$ pre-paid card from I&M Bank... works like a charm...
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
bird_man
#6 Posted : Friday, September 03, 2010 10:07:31 AM

Zakumi.......call Coop Bank Card Center on 0203276610 and tell them you had a problem with your Visa Card. I had the same problem with some online payments and they sorted me out in minutes.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
Zakumi
#7 Posted : Friday, September 03, 2010 3:45:26 PM

Bird_man i tried calling that number with no success and when i went to the bank they told me they had issues with online transactions so i guess co-op is out.

@VVS I went to I&M and got the US$ prepaid card thanx.Problem it is giving me the same issues.have u ever used it to pay for these exams?
Zakumi
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 08, 2010 12:09:34 AM

I was finally sorted....by I&M thanx @VVS and @Bird_man.
qw25041985
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2010 9:50:06 PM

Just a question guyz does this Co-Op cash card ( with the VISA electron label on the front) work for online transactions ?
has anybody used the card successfully.
Your future depends on your dreams so go to sleep !
BGL
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 01, 2010 2:39:41 AM

qw25041985 wrote:
Just a question guyz does this Co-Op cash card ( with the VISA electron label on the front) work for online transactions ?
has anybody used the card successfully.

No! Visa electron debit card draws money from your account and always has to check for availability of funds in your account!!!! Unlike Coop card (credit card) it can never be used for offline terminal transactions like paying through the internet. Remember swipping your card at the till or at the ATM is online but paying online may be either an on/off line transaction.
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
The Merchant
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 4:50:24 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Use a US$ pre-paid card from I&M Bank... works like a charm...

I&M cards are the best. Comparable to noneother in this country.Applause Applause