wazua Wed, May 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

BBK and overnight lending
Majicman
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 6:30:30 PM

I am in deep financial trouble this month. Our salaries were posted to the bank (BBK) by the employer on Thursday 22nd July 2010 as is the custom (every 22nd of the month). The employer advised us that the money will be in the accounts by 26th which is normal, but come 26th there was nothing. A call to BBK and the contact centre staff pretend not to know what is happening asking me to give them a day to investigate. However, it turns out that BBK is changing the number of digits in individual acoount number from 7 to 10. The employer complied with this, however, BBK seem to take advantage of the scenario to lend the money out as we agonizingly wait as they play ping pong with our employer. The underlying fact though is that BBK is doing overnight lending with such funds leaving us customers frustrated.

Offically: I am looking for a new bank, any advice?
babajay
#2 Posted : Monday, November 08, 2010 12:49:46 PM

CfC Stanbic has unexplained delays as well. And at times at night when you want to withdraw from the ATM you get no funds message because your funds are locked and so cant be accessed.
In most cases they blame it on the new system they are implementing. Am waiting to see if this improves.
Horton
#3 Posted : Monday, November 08, 2010 2:13:43 PM

Stanchart is fantastic.
Layman
#4 Posted : Monday, November 08, 2010 2:45:10 PM

...weee...stanchart kitu gani?......
Ms Mkenya
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 9:52:09 AM

Try NIC
....above all, to stand.
Horton
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 10:11:55 AM

Layman wrote:
...weee...stanchart kitu gani?......

What u on about son??
McReggae
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 10:27:32 AM

Member!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
gathinga
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:31:56 AM

Majicman wrote:
I am in deep financial trouble this month. Our salaries were posted to the bank (BBK) by the employer on Thursday 22nd July 2010 as is the custom (every 22nd of the month). The employer advised us that the money will be in the accounts by 26th which is normal, but come 26th there was nothing. A call to BBK and the contact centre staff pretend not to know what is happening asking me to give them a day to investigate. However, it turns out that BBK is changing the number of digits in individual acoount number from 7 to 10. The employer complied with this, however, BBK seem to take advantage of the scenario to lend the money out as we agonizingly wait as they play ping pong with our employer. The underlying fact though is that BBK is doing overnight lending with such funds leaving us customers frustrated.

Offically: I am looking for a new bank, any advice?

The story about the delay may be true, but to connect to banks overnight lending may not be factual. the banking operation about overnight lending is much more complex.