wazua Tue, May 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<345
Semenya allowed to compete as a woman by IAAF
Alba
#81 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 4:19:55 PM

masukuma wrote:

just because Kenya has a discriminatory law does not mean the other case is not! it's discrimination! I personally repeated twice!! if it was passed when I was in school - I would not play! forced segregation is discrimination!

On gender tests - what if they have to examine you using their fingers? not just looking but "observing" - pissing in a cup is not as bad as people inserting fingers and probing your gonads - surely even you see this as being more humiliating than others.

@Masukuma clearly does not understand the importance of age restriction which is another reason I say he knows nothing about sports.

Age restricted tournaments are important in order to allow the development of young players. Player development is best done when players are young. So if you want to build a good team, you have to give young players a chance to play and not allow their places to be taken by older players in their 20s.

All sports have age group tournaments. FIFA has a tournament that is restricted to players under 17 and another that is restricted to players under 20. I suppose you also think this is discrimination?

Kenya does not have a discriminatory law. The rule was put in place because schools were making their students repeat form 4 several times just so they could play for them. Some schools even recruited players who had finished form 4 years earlier. So In Kenya the rule was put in place to prevent abuses.

With regard to probing Gonads, Semenya said that this has happened to her since she was in primary school. When she competed in primary school games, other South African competitors and even teachers would complain that she was a boy posing as a girl. She would then be taken to a private room for them to check.

However the gender test that IAAF conducted was done using medical devices like MRI machines and blood tests to measure testosterone levels.
Alba
#82 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 4:23:12 PM

urstill1 wrote:
Amesema s-he has no time for such questions.

She is right. She should not be answering this question. Let IAAF sort it out.

But did you all listen to that voice? Hebu tell me with a straight face if that is a man's voice or a woman's voice.

smano
#83 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 4:55:13 PM

Alba wrote:
urstill1 wrote:
Amesema s-he has no time for such questions.

She is right. She should not be answering this question. Let IAAF sort it out.

But did you all listen to that voice? Hebu tell me with a straight face if that is a man's voice or a woman's voice.

That is definitely my bass
BEER IS LIVING PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!
masukuma
#84 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 7:40:54 PM

Alba wrote:
masukuma wrote:

just because Kenya has a discriminatory law does not mean the other case is not! it's discrimination! I personally repeated twice!! if it was passed when I was in school - I would not play! forced segregation is discrimination!

On gender tests - what if they have to examine you using their fingers? not just looking but "observing" - pissing in a cup is not as bad as people inserting fingers and probing your gonads - surely even you see this as being more humiliating than others.

@Masukuma clearly does not understand the importance of age restriction which is another reason I say he knows nothing about sports.

Age restricted tournaments are important in order to allow the development of young players. Player development is best done when players are young. So if you want to build a good team, you have to give young players a chance to play and not allow their places to be taken by older players in their 20s.

All sports have age group tournaments. FIFA has a tournament that is restricted to players under 17 and another that is restricted to players under 20. I suppose you also think this is discrimination?

Kenya does not have a discriminatory law. The rule was put in place because schools were making their students repeat form 4 several times just so they could play for them. Some schools even recruited players who had finished form 4 years earlier. So In Kenya the rule was put in place to prevent abuses.

With regard to probing Gonads, Semenya said that this has happened to her since she was in primary school. When she competed in primary school games, other South African competitors and even teachers would complain that she was a boy posing as a girl. She would then be taken to a private room for them to check.

However the gender test that IAAF conducted was done using medical devices like MRI machines and blood tests to measure testosterone levels.

I don't care if you think a don't know anything about sports - I have probably competed at levels of sports you have not - but that is neither here nor there. I think you miss the point... a sport which is determined to be UNDER 18 is clear... from the onset, Let me ask you.. is there an age limit for being in secondary school? saying SCHOOLS SHOULD HAVE ONLY UNDER 18s competing is discriminatory since SCHOOLS don't only have under 18s in their midst. If a student repeated in primary school.... twice... why is he/she being discriminated upon? if you couldn't go to form 1 twice because you lacked fees and a well wisher showed up and sponsored you - why should your poverty be used against you? I say put the burden of proof that the student has legitimately repeated 4 times before having them play for the school. It's unlikely that a kid goes through all the motions of January to December * 4 because of sports. Just because the federation in charge has failed to curb this type of cheating does not mean that a kid who repeated in standard 5 and 7 twice should not play games in form 4! Their inefficiencies and gaps should not be used to infringe on random people.

Perhaps the whole point of sports is being missed... No one complains that a school has a student coming up and registered 4 times in a row for KCSE and does them.... OVER and OVER and OVER again coz he got an A in previous years. The Olympics Spirit is "The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well." That is why we wait until the last marathoner comes in. That is why that Somali sprinter lady went there. That is why i applauded the fat ethiopian who finished long after the winner. That is why countries that have never won medals since the olympics started STILL COMPETE and will show up in Tokyo! That is why we remember John Stephen Akwari almost 50 years later and not the winner of that race!
What is happening is that some melanine lacking people are starting to make Olympics a show of force and dominance over others..... That is the reason we started having doping in these games... coz some people cannot accept being last... that is the reason we are engaging in this debate coz some melanine lacking people cannot accept that they were properly beaten by people who don't fit into their boxes.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Alba
#85 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 8:18:47 PM

masukuma wrote:

I don't care if you think a don't know anything about sports - I have probably competed at levels of sports you have not - but that is neither here nor there. I think you miss the point... a sport which is determined to be UNDER 18 is clear... from the onset, Let me ask you.. is there an age limit for being in secondary school? saying SCHOOLS SHOULD HAVE ONLY UNDER 18s competing is discriminatory since SCHOOLS don't only have under 18s in their midst. If a student repeated in primary school.... twice... why is he/she being discriminated upon? if you couldn't go to form 1 twice because you lacked fees and a well wisher showed up and sponsored you - why should your poverty be used against you? I say put the burden of proof that the student has legitimately repeated 4 times before having them play for the school. It's unlikely that a kid goes through all the motions of January to December * 4 because of sports. Just because the federation in charge has failed to curb this type of cheating does not mean that a kid who repeated in standard 5 and 7 twice should not play games in form 4! Their inefficiencies and gaps should not be used to infringe on random people.

Given your ignorance in sporting issues I am 100% certain you have not competed at any level.
The decision to limit secondary school players to under 19 was widely applauded. No one else has complained besides you. You are the only person I know of who says he would not have played if that rule was in place. If thats how you feel then feel free to boycott.

Limiting the game to players under 19 is an excellent idea. School sports are the avenue by which we develop future players. Therefore you have to give young players in their teens a chance to develop. The ones in their 20s should be playing against people their age in the national league not in schools.
Further to that there is a risk of injury when you have

Quote:
Perhaps the whole point of sports is being missed... No one complains that a school has a student coming up and registered 4 times in a row for KCSE and does them.... OVER and OVER and OVER again coz he got an A in previous years. The Olympics Spirit is "The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well." That is why we wait until the last marathoner comes in. That is why that Somali sprinter lady went there. That is why i applauded the fat ethiopian who finished long after the winner. That is why countries that have never won medals since the olympics started STILL COMPETE and will show up in Tokyo! That is why we remember John Stephen Akwari almost 50 years later and not the winner of that race!

You are sorely mistaken. The whole point of secondary school sports is to win ! Period ! Losing is acceptable if you gave it your best shot.

If you want to play for leisure then go play for fun hapo mitaani or go get a group of friends and play for fun.
The second point of school sports is to give players a chance to develop their skills in a competitive environment.

You claim you played in Kenya cup rugby. These are the kinds of statements that make me doubt the veracity of your claims. Virtually every player at Kenya cup level is highly competitive and most cannot stomach losing. Furthermore if you do not have the motivation to win, then you will never work hard on your fitness, your skills or hit the gym hard.

Quote:
What is happening is that some melanine lacking people are starting to make Olympics a show of force and dominance over others..... That is the reason we started having doping in these games... coz some people cannot accept being last... that is the reason we are engaging in this debate coz some melanine lacking people cannot accept that they were properly beaten by people who don't fit into their boxes.

So called Melanine lacking people have always controlled the Olympics. For petes sake the modern Olympics were created by a Frenchman and the ancient one was created in Greece.

You sit there talking as if Africans dominate the Olympics. Yet Africa as whole only won 10 gold medals. Europe and North America have always dominated the Olympics.

As for doping, it started in the 1920s before Africans even participated. Its not a recent phenomenon as you are claiming.

That fat Ethiopian whom you support ought to be vilified. Firstly he only went because his father has connections. This kind of nepotism and joyriding should not be allowed. I am sure Ethiopia with its vast diaspora could have found 100 people who could swim faster that that chap.

Secondly if you are going to the Olympics using tax payer money then you at least owe it to tax payers to train and get into shape. Not to go to the Olympics to embarass the country

masukuma
#86 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 9:23:13 PM

Increase of GDP through sports - Maybe Kenya will be the first country to "jikwamua" from poverty through sports.... if we had the same level of effort on tested and proven channels - maybe we will would. Maskini akitembea Runda aone watu wakiWalk dogs he may be mislead into thinking that dog walking is what makes people of Runda rich! if only he could walk his mongrel in Kibich - he will soon be in Runda.

On Rugby... i don't have to convince you smile , you believing it or not is immaterial to it being true. your believing it is as useful as mudguards on a tortoise - you can believe what you want!! I am a sportsman who is under no illusion on the benefit of sports to a community. For you to make it to the Olympics you need to meet a certain criteria - a minimum qualification time for example. Only people who miss the point of the Olympic spirit in the Basotho runner who in 2012 stove to finish the race. Just because melanine lacking people started the olympics does not mean they are the spirit of the games. Just because Hitler hijacked the games to try and make his point that the so called Aryan race is better than everyone else does not mean we should follow him there. Global sporting events are not to be used for that kind of competition - but I can see how it was used to sublimate the urge to dominate each other and sit on their heads. Such unhealthy thinking is behind questions on Semenya's gender and doping!

Just because people applauded on a rule does not mean it's an excellent rule... I wonder how many other bad and discriminatory rules were clapped into existence?
Alba
#87 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 4:27:34 PM

masukuma wrote:
Increase of GDP through sports - Maybe Kenya will be the first country to "jikwamua" from poverty through sports.... if we had the same level of effort on tested and proven channels - maybe we will would. Maskini akitembea Runda aone watu wakiWalk dogs he may be mislead into thinking that dog walking is what makes people of Runda rich! if only he could walk his mongrel in Kibich - he will soon be in Runda.

Here is a classic case of a person making things up because he is losing the plot. Did anyone on this thread even mention GDP ?

And all that other incomprehensible gibberish about Runda and Kibich shows you have completely run out of ideas Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Quote:
On Rugby... i don't have to convince you smile , you believing it or not is immaterial to it being true. your believing it is as useful as mudguards on a tortoise - you can believe what you want!! I am a sportsman who is under no illusion on the benefit of sports to a community.

Quite frankly I don't care what you think. I just want to ensure other wazuans know you are a fraud when you claim that you played in Kenya cup for 5 years. Nobody who is this illiterate about sporting issues can possibly have played in Kenya cup. The idea that a person would play at such a high level and only play for leisure without caring about winning is ludicrous. You just keep exposing yourself.

Quote:
For you to make it to the Olympics you need to meet a certain criteria - a minimum qualification time for example.

Thats rubbish. Shows you know nothing. You don't have to meet the minimum qualification time. IOC makes special dispensation for countries that are under-represented in sports to send one special athlete who has not attained the qualification time. Thats how Robel the whale went to Rio. His father has connections. There are likely other Ethiopians who are more deserving. For petes sake there are 9 year olds who can swim faster than him !

Quote:
Just because Hitler hijacked the games to try and make his point that the so called Aryan race is better than everyone else does not mean we should follow him there. Global sporting events are not to be used for that kind of competition - but I can see how it was used to sublimate the urge to dominate each other and sit on their heads. Such unhealthy thinking is behind questions on Semenya's gender and doping!

Stop these crazy conspiracy theories. So called melanine lacking people dominate every sport be it football, rugby, swimming, tennis and so forth. It is crazy to think that they would gang up to stop Semenya. Even if Semenya does'nt win, another black woman will likely win.

And if they are out to stop Africans then why did they ban Russia and not any African country? With all the funny stuff Kenyan officials have been doing like demanding bribes to hide positive dope tests, they could have easily ganged up on Kenya if your conspiracy theory was true.

Quote:

Just because people applauded on a rule does not mean it's an excellent rule... I wonder how many other bad and discriminatory rules were clapped into existence?

People who understand sports applauded the rule. They understand that school sports is the best avenue Kenya has for developing young players. Thats why we cannot allow people in their 20s to take the place of legitimate players. You don't understand sports so this is beyond you
masukuma
#88 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 4:46:06 PM

Alba wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Here is a classic case of a person making things up because he is losing the plot. Did anyone on this thread even mention GDP ?

And all that other incomprehensible gibberish about Runda and Kibich shows you have completely run out of ideas Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Quote:
On Rugby... i don't have to convince you smile , you believing it or not is immaterial to it being true. your believing it is as useful as mudguards on a tortoise - you can believe what you want!! I am a sportsman who is under no illusion on the benefit of sports to a community.

Quite frankly I don't care what you think. I just want to ensure other wazuans know you are a fraud when you claim that you played in Kenya cup for 5 years. Nobody who is this illiterate about sporting issues can possibly have played in Kenya cup. The idea that a person would play at such a high level and only play for leisure without caring about winning is ludicrous. You just keep exposing yourself.

Quote:
For you to make it to the Olympics you need to meet a certain criteria - a minimum qualification time for example.

Thats rubbish. Shows you know nothing. You don't have to meet the minimum qualification time. IOC makes special dispensation for countries that are under-represented in sports to send one special athlete who has not attained the qualification time. Thats how Robel the whale went to Rio. His father has connections. There are likely other Ethiopians who are more deserving. For petes sake there are 9 year olds who can swim faster than him !

Quote:
Just because Hitler hijacked the games to try and make his point that the so called Aryan race is better than everyone else does not mean we should follow him there. Global sporting events are not to be used for that kind of competition - but I can see how it was used to sublimate the urge to dominate each other and sit on their heads. Such unhealthy thinking is behind questions on Semenya's gender and doping!

Stop these crazy conspiracy theories. So called melanine lacking people dominate every sport be it football, rugby, swimming, tennis and so forth. It is crazy to think that they would gang up to stop Semenya. Even if Semenya does'nt win, another black woman will likely win.

And if they are out to stop Africans then why did they ban Russia and not any African country? With all the funny stuff Kenyan officials have been doing like demanding bribes to hide positive dope tests, they could have easily ganged up on Kenya if your conspiracy theory was true.

Quote:

People who understand sports applauded the rule. They understand that school sports is the best avenue Kenya has for developing young players. Thats why we cannot allow people in their 20s to take the place of legitimate players. You don't understand sports so this is beyond you

Angelica _ann
#89 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 6:00:19 PM

masukuma wrote:

Even the name Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
masukuma
#90 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 7:30:03 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:

ni kuchoka na kuargue... pole @alma
hardwood
#91 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 7:55:01 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Hehe he's really been put in his place. Mpaka he became discombobulated. He urgently needs some "data" to redeem himself.