wazua Wed, May 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<2345>
Semenya allowed to compete as a woman by IAAF
masukuma
#61 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:59:18 PM

Gender is not as simple as we thought huh? I say... as long as we have 2 categorizations - let people be looked at externally! hii mambo ya kupigwa uende kwa coma will happen regardless... kwani Wangila alifanya nini? si alipigwa na mwanaume kama yeye? ukienda boxing jua it comes with the territory! Everyone is like you - trying to "figure out" the world. no one has second chances so let people be - maisha sio straight forward as we thought.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Alba
#62 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:07:36 PM

masukuma wrote:

I don't think she identifies herself as a MAN - no, she identifies herself as a woman but has very masculine features. to know whether she identifies as a girl or not - ASK HER! She has never said she is a dude! Intersex is not as straight forward as we think... it's like 30 conditions... 30!!! and they sometimes occur in collabo. So i am not even sure how many permutations of intersex they are. Where I stand... niko na @hardwood, I say look at the external... and ask... WEWE NI MALE or FEMALE? ama chungulia nini iko huko chini... kama it's straight forward - weka in obvious categories. hii mambo ya internal this and internal that.. how does one know they are missing a womb when they are growing up and identifying as a girl? ama internal testes. Caster is female since she identifies as female (not that she acts as female but because she identifies as such). Akiambiwa aandike jina anaandika Caster... akiambiwa aandike Gender - anaweka 'FEMALE'. everything else is other people labling her as otherwise.

OK let me rephrase. She does not identify as a man. But she behaves like a man. She dresses like a man. She talks like a man. Her own father says she always behaved like a boy when young. Her childhood friends also say she only wanted to play football and play with boys as a youngster.

And I disagree that people should simply be asked "Wewe ni female". I say let the medical experts decide. They know better than the rest of us. And last I checked, they decided Semenya was not female.
hardwood
#63 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:09:10 PM

Even in school she was a girl. Why does the world want her to be a man now?

Alba
#64 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:09:38 PM

hardwood wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

hakuna nyonyo,those are moobs

This is a woman you can eat the whole night. I can see lots of bread.

You will be dissapointed if you try. Semenya would be repulsed at the thought of sleeping with another man. She's only interested in women.
Alba
#65 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:11:13 PM

hardwood wrote:
Even in school she was a girl. Why does the world want her to be a man now?

Again no one is saying she is a man. Medical science says she is intersex. In other words her gender is ambiguous

tycho
#66 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:11:22 PM

Thank God no one is doubting 'my' Serena!
masukuma
#67 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:14:42 PM

hardwood
#68 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:24:49 PM

Who is more feminine? Sweet Semenya or the body builder?

tycho
#69 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:26:37 PM

hardwood wrote:

The sweet body builder.
hardwood
#70 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:35:13 PM

tycho wrote:

You've spoken too soon. They might start questioning why she is so muscular and doesn't have a baby yet, and start examining to find out if she has a womb.

sitaki.kujulikana
#71 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 9:47:27 PM

hardwood wrote:
tycho wrote:

You've spoken too soon. They might start questioning why she is so muscular and doesn't have a baby yet, and start examining to find out if she has a womb.

smile they have been doing that they say her serve is too fast and strokes too powerful and that should be in the men category.
hardwood
#72 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 9:50:52 PM

tycho wrote:
hardwood wrote:

[img]http://www.garmaonhealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Ms-Olympia-Iris-Kyle.jpg/img]

The sweet body builder.

What would you do if your sweet little girl turned to be like Semenya? We shouldn't go payuka-payukaring about Semenya since we dont know what is in store for us.
masukuma
#73 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 10:03:48 PM

Watu watafute maSemenya wao... waache kutusumbua!! Kenya ilipata wake... hao wanalalamika wakiwa no. 6 wakwende. Kama kushinda Semenya imekuwa ngumu usijali kuna watu kama akina Justin Dopelin wanashida kama hizo... Kushinda Bolt imekuwa ngumu sana. Wasijali...
hardwood
#74 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 10:27:08 PM

masukuma
#75 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 10:38:57 PM

hardwood wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/caster-semenya-rio-2016-gold-800m-intersex-gender-femininity-doesnt-look-the-way-we-want-a7203506.html

Excellent
Quote:
It’s clear that Semenya is an extremely fast, accomplished and dedicated athlete. It’s hardly true that her condition eliminates the need to train hard and practice in order to build on her natural sporting abilities. There is a multitude of factors that go into that training, which makes it extensively difficult to definitively measure the actual effect of naturally produced testosterone on athletic performance.

It is imperative to remember that the Olympics split themselves with a sloppy gender proxy for competing, reliant on a constellation of biological markers, not a testosterone split. We do not attack men who have higher testosterone levels than other male athletes and we especially do not force them to have inhumane and wildly problematic “gender tests”. Semenya is guilty of nothing. She is an Olympic champion and it’s time we treat her like one.

Discrimination is a slippery slope - does anyone remember the Utrecht marathon fiasco? They had 2 sets of prices - €100 if the winner was Kenyan and €10,000 if the winner was dutch! why? Kenyan runners had won the Rotterdam, Utrecht, Eindhoven, Enschede and Leiden marathons. The Utrecht race had been won by a Kenyan for the previous four years and the organisers hoped to give top Dutch athletes a chance to win that year. How does it feel when someone discriminates you coz of something you cannot control? Umesoma... umetia bidii.. you have everything required except something you cannot change like your ethnicity and you go for a job and you are told... HAPANA WE HAVE TOO MANY KIKUYUS HERE!! How does it feel? it's not your ability to do the job but rather whose womb you landed in that determines that!
I think Serena anatafutwa... the Hottentot Venus was tafutwad and made a spectacle of... it will not end here!
Alba
#76 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 11:58:28 PM

That article hardwood posted is a lot of emotional stuff and zero substance. I would rather focus on the scientific aspect of this issue than the emotional stuff.

As for Masukuma's claim about discrimination That is bogus / specious argument. As I Pointed out earlier, there is a new rule in Kenya schools sports that if you are over 19, you cannot play. Therefore students who have repeated a class twice cannot play. Is this also discrimination?

Is it discrimination when people are told you have to be 18 to vote?
Is it discrimination when boys are not allowed at Loreto Limuru or Precious Blood or any other girls school?

No because there are rules governing sports, education and other aspects of life. I suspect that what IAAF will argue when they go to court is that they as the governing body have the authority to designate who should run in each division. And that it should be scientifically based not emotion based.

As for Semenya being humiliated with gender tests, that is nothing compared to the doping tests that women including Semenya have to undergo. When being tested for doping, you have to urinate into a cup in full view of the tester. Sometimes even 3 times a day.

That said I am not unhappy that Semenya is winning. But I will hold my breath when a see an intersex boxer step into the ring with another woman.
urstill1
#77 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 1:21:10 AM

Amesema s-he has no time for such questions.

urstill1
#78 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 1:29:26 AM

I believe that if testosterone levels get to a certain point in male athletes, they are usually more scrutinized/tested and re-tested I don't think Bolt is an exception. As @Alba says, major worry is when people identifying themselves as such get into games like boxing with fellow we-men.

Disclaimer: I don't have a problem with whichever way someone decides to identify him/herself.
masukuma
#79 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 8:29:42 AM

Alba wrote:
That article hardwood posted is a lot of emotional stuff and zero substance. I would rather focus on the scientific aspect of this issue than the emotional stuff.

As for Masukuma's claim about discrimination That is bogus / specious argument. As I Pointed out earlier, there is a new rule in Kenya schools sports that if you are over 19, you cannot play. Therefore students who have repeated a class twice cannot play. Is this also discrimination?

Is it discrimination when people are told you have to be 18 to vote?
Is it discrimination when boys are not allowed at Loreto Limuru or Precious Blood or any other girls school?

No because there are rules governing sports, education and other aspects of life. I suspect that what IAAF will argue when they go to court is that they as the governing body have the authority to designate who should run in each division. And that it should be scientifically based not emotion based.

As for Semenya being humiliated with gender tests, that is nothing compared to the doping tests that women including Semenya have to undergo. When being tested for doping, you have to urinate into a cup in full view of the tester. Sometimes even 3 times a day.

That said I am not unhappy that Semenya is winning. But I will hold my breath when a see an intersex boxer step into the ring with another woman.

just because Kenya has a discriminatory law does not mean the other case is not! it's discrimination! I personally repeated twice!! if it was passed when I was in school - I would not play! forced segregation is discrimination!

On gender tests - what if they have to examine you using their fingers? not just looking but "observing" - pissing in a cup is not as bad as people inserting fingers and probing your gonads - surely even you see this as being more humiliating than others.
Impunity
#80 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 9:35:27 AM

hardwood wrote:

It all depends on what is between the groin...if its a natural socket then hizo other physical features daent matter.
Its all about airport.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.