wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
Pimped Vitz owners club
Impunity
#1 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2010 12:06:41 PM

I wonder how a man with two functional balls will surely own and drive that type of thing in town with all tinted windows and some cheap mahewa ndani.

Its a sight most painful to behold...
Pray Pray Pray
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

simonkabz
#2 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2010 3:45:39 PM

Had one. Pure arrogance!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
MaichBlack
#3 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2010 6:36:53 PM

simonkabz wrote:
Had one. Pure arrogance!

@ Kabz - I totally agree with you. I see nothing wrong with a man driving a Vitz or whichever car he chooses to. I think most Kenyans are very shallow when it comes to some issues. Just because I don't know who said Vitz are for women, you follow that blindly and yet you have a mind of your own.

Watu wanafaa watembee kidogo wajionee. In France for example, you will meet extremely wealthy (not just rich) men driving vehicles smaller than a Vitz. I don't own a Vitz but if I wanted to buy one, shallow stereo types would be the last thing on my mind. I have a friend who owns a Vitz and a BMW (7 series I think). And he drives whichever without feeling any less (or more) of a man!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
kadonye
#4 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2010 8:47:52 PM

'I'm not the shoes i wear,I'm not the house I live in, I'm not the car I drive'-dont know who sang this song but I hate this middle class arrogance and snobbish attitude.The guy who takes a bus/mat or cycles to work is a man too.
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
jaggernaut
#5 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2010 10:12:49 PM

Impunity wrote:
I wonder how a man with two functional balls will surely own and drive that type of thing in town with all tinted windows and some cheap mahewa ndani.

Its a sight most painful to behold...
Pray Pray Pray

This kind of arrogance is just repulsive. A car is just some equipment to take you from point A to B. I have lived in Europe and the Vitz (they call it Yaris over there) is one of the most popular 'big' cars. Otherwise very many in developed countries drive even smaller hatchbacks e.g Toyota Aygo (vitz smaller sister), Renault Clio, peugeot 107, Nissan March, Ford Fiesta etc. Infact 1500cc cars may be rare in some places. In Holland many people cycle to work. And in Germany nearly all taxis are Mercedes.

FYI in Britain/Germany they are paying people to have their 10 year old cars removed from the road and crushed/recycled since they are considered too old. I therefore find it odd the way some Kenyans worship their 8 year old plus 'new' cars, some bought with 5yr loans, while looking down on those driving small and efficient city cars.

jamplu
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:54:21 AM

For sure most of us don't know y they buy cars. All those people running their mouth they can't drive such and such a car know nothing about cars they just read the brochures.
So long as a car does the job whether its some 1969 datsun or a 2010 Range rover its still a car.
Let everyone drive what they please cut the crap, go pay the loans first before telling us what to drive around here!
Impunity
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 10:01:31 AM

@all male vitz owners, how safe do you feel inside that "town efficient car"??

I once saw on Churchill live some kindergaten pupils on a mchongoano and one one of them told another that "mama yenyu anaendeshanga mayai ya gredi"

That was meant to be a vitz.

ha ha ha ha Applause Applause Applause
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

groupielove
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 11:24:56 AM

I am reading well thought of contributions. I also believe that a car is a car as long as it serves its purpose. I personally love Vits due to its efficiency and pocket-friendliness. Though Impunity doesn't put the point as it should, i partly agree with him that in Kenya, people driving small cars not only are they dismissed but also harrassed by "bigger" cars and matatus. This is the only con i find, otherwise vits is a car just like benz
jaggernaut
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 12:11:01 PM

Impunity wrote:
@all male vitz owners, how safe do you feel inside that "town efficient car"??

Where are the statistics? Have there been more fatalities for those driving the Vitz compared to those using other cars?

Impunity wrote:
I once saw on Churchill live some kindergaten pupils on a mchongoano and one one of them told another that "mama yenyu anaendeshanga mayai ya gredi"

Would one really buy a car based solely on what a 4yr old thinks?
jamplu
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 12:46:13 PM

@groupielove I think those who harass or dismiss small car owners have little matter between their ears or are just idiots.
When they hit you ask them to replace the entire panel not take it to their panel beating fundi thats when they wake up.

Gari ni Gari!
MaichBlack
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 12:56:25 PM

Impunity wrote:

We now know where you get your wisdom from. I rest my case!

When you are at it, could you kindly ask them what they think about the KCB rights issue. It might help some of us to know when to get in, hold or run!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
redondo
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 1:00:13 PM

we are in a country where a car is still considered a status symbol. So when people harass or hate on Vitz owners, what they are basically saying is that "iam better than you"

Folly is that some of the so called "big" cars are mere cheap imports from Japan.

Anything that has clocked more than 40,000 Kms at the point of purchase and costs less than 1.5 million is just that: a cheap import whose driver has no right to harass other motorist

For the record I drive a car that is physically bigger than a Vitz
jamplu
#13 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 2:34:18 PM

redondo wrote:
we are in a country where a car is still considered a status symbol. So when people harass or hate on Vitz owners, what they are basically saying is that "iam better than you"

Folly is that some of the so called "big" cars are mere cheap imports from Japan.

Anything that has clocked more than 40,000 Kms at the point of purchase and costs less than 1.5 million is just that: a cheap import whose driver has no right to harass other motorist

99% of the cars are imports! whether one buys it at 200K or 7M.
Few kenyans know the smell of a new car interior neither the feel of the first 10KM run so hakuna haja ya kuringa na uko ndani ya mutumba.

redondo
#14 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 3:21:45 PM

jamplu wrote:
redondo wrote:

99% of the cars are imports! whether one buys it at 200K or 7M.
Few kenyans know the smell of a new car interior neither the feel of the first 10KM run so hakuna haja ya kuringa na uko ndani ya mutumba.

@ jamplu. thats my point exactly.

kwanini unaringa na NZE yet you dont have the real thing?

It would be better to hate on the Vitz if you were driving a Merc from DT Dobie show room!
leona
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2010 1:27:48 PM

I'd rather drive a Vitz anyday,bought with money from my own pocket...than a bigger machine on a 5yr loan and one that i can't comfortably maintain without starving my family. And NO,i dont judge people by the cars they drive or the house they live in. Mingling with the some ''rich'' showffs has taught me just how desperate human beings are to paint a fake image of themselves to others. I highly respect people who live within their means. So,Vitz or Range Rover House.. Live within your means and Dont hate on others.
Nevermind what haters say, ignore them til they fade away - Just live your life
Ric dees
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:15:58 PM

@Leona Interesting..where were you when i was dating 1 year ago? (Smirk on my face!!)Honestly, chicks in Nairobi were a different ball game all together, such fakeness, broke ass taquilla sipping lasses!!can't back it up jeez, one actually told me she can't go into a car that has no sun roof..yet she din't own one!! only in Nairobi.

The greatest danger in times of turbulence is not the turbulence; it is to act with yesterday's logic.
leona
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:52:33 PM

@Ric dees, I was right here..see,i joined SK in 2008smile Dont worry,you can hook me up with your bro..regardless of what he drives(or doesnt) hehehe! Seems 'ulijionea mengi' Pole,it's unfortunate that we have to put up with fake people..
Nevermind what haters say, ignore them til they fade away - Just live your life
simonkabz
#18 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2010 4:20:37 PM

Hehehe ati sunroof!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
doubtfire
#19 Posted : Friday, June 25, 2010 8:54:27 AM

Guys you can only scratch where you can reach.

my father drives a 1980 datsun 1200 and am very proud of it when am on the road

if you are ashamed of the men who drives vitz,what do you say about those who do not even own a wheelbarrow.
jamplu
#20 Posted : Friday, June 25, 2010 9:10:34 AM

doubtfire wrote:
Guys you can only scratch where you can reach.

my father drives a 1980 datsun 1200 and am very proud of it when am on the road

if you are ashamed of the men who drives vitz,what do you say about those who do not even own a wheelbarrow.

@doubtfire: Datsun is one of the best cars in many ways have come across am even looking for a 510/160J.
and i totally agree with you those running their mouth don't even own a bike.