Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<749750751752753>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
sparkly
#15001 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2020 7:31:58 PM

chiaroscuro wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
I know people are very invested here, but let's be honest with ourselves: Kenya Airways deserves to close, and GoK needs to leave the airline business alone. Why a government needs a national airline carrier is just beyond me!

Watch this video to understand the why

That guy Abraham, is shallow. He doesn't even know why KQ was privatised in the first place! He also assumes that Kenya needs KQ to export flowers. Flower exporters don't necessarily need a Kenyan airline - they just need an airline!

Also, majority of our tourists come by chartered flights, not scheduled ones.

My view is that nationalisation is ill-advised. But if we must do it, we don't have to buy the other outstanding shares.

Se we can just let it be liquidated by the creditors; pick up the assets and form a new airline - New Kenya Airways? That way we don't even have to pay off the debts!

He is right on why KQ was privatized. It was merely the trend borne of Thatchernomics of the 80's and 90's. Thatcherism was characterised by deregulation, flexible labour markets, the privatisation of state-owned companies, and reducing the power and influence of trade unions. Kenya simply jumped into the band wagon without considering the full effects.
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#15002 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2020 7:39:21 PM

sparkly wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
I know people are very invested here, but let's be honest with ourselves: Kenya Airways deserves to close, and GoK needs to leave the airline business alone. Why a government needs a national airline carrier is just beyond me!

That guy Abraham, is shallow. He doesn't even know why KQ was privatised in the first place! He also assumes that Kenya needs KQ to export flowers. Flower exporters don't necessarily need a Kenyan airline - they just need an airline!

My view is that nationalisation is ill-advised. But if we must do it, we don't have to buy the other outstanding shares.

Se we can just let it be liquidated by the creditors; pick up the assets and form a new airline - New Kenya Airways? That way we don't even have to pay off the debts!

He is right on why KQ was privatized. It was merely the trend borne of Thatchernomics of the 80's and 90's. Thatcherism was characterised by deregulation, flexible labour markets, the privatisation of state-owned companies, and reducing the power and influence of trade unions. Kenya simply jumped into the band wagon without considering the full effects.
Privatization was the right thing to do. The mismanagement by Naikuni and friends after Brian Davies left is when the rain started beating KQ.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#15003 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2020 7:47:44 PM

chiaroscuro wrote:
KQ nationalisation is based on warped logic: that the only way it can become profitable is by making it part of airports authority hence saving it airport levies. However, BA is a profitable airline that operates from a private airport (Heathrow is a private business!). What are they doing that KQ isn't? Simple answer: theft!

Nationalisation will NOT solve theft in KQ. If anything, theft will increase!
The theft will be hidden from us but it will continue.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#15004 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2020 8:04:49 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
KQ nationalisation is based on warped logic: that the only way it can become profitable is by making it part of airports authority hence saving it airport levies. However, BA is a profitable airline that operates from a private airport (Heathrow is a private business!). What are they doing that KQ isn't? Simple answer: theft!

Nationalisation will NOT solve theft in KQ. If anything, theft will increase!
The theft will be hidden from us but it will continue.

You will be hearing of theft on the Audtor general report two years after
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#15005 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2020 8:07:38 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:

Privatization was the right thing to do. The mismanagement by Naikuni and friends after Brian Davies left is when the rain started beating KQ.

KQ was better off as a public listed entity, but Kenyans shot down the SPV, choices have consequences. We the people, will give the behemoth it's required monies, for eternity. They will surely not re-approach the public with a privatization offer anytime soon

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ericsson
#15006 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2020 8:16:35 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:

KQ was better off as a public listed entity, but Kenyans shot down the SPV, choices have consequences. We the people, will give the behemoth it's required monies, for eternity. They will surely not re-approach the public with a privatization offer anytime soon

And now the thread can be closed
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#15007 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2020 8:17:53 PM

#TBT
KQ sells its prime London airport landing slot to Oman Air for Sh7.5 billion

https://www.businessdail...101280-9auduq/index.html
obiero
#15008 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2020 9:55:14 PM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:

No. Not until the buyout process is done

sparkly
#15009 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2020 7:16:58 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:

Yaani Scangroup is paying a 8 bob dividend while @Obiero and friends are praying for a 8 bob buyout. What a mockery by the stock gods!
obiero
#15010 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2020 7:29:26 AM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:

Yaani Scangroup is paying a 8 bob dividend while @Obiero and friends are praying for a 8 bob buyout. What a mockery by the stock gods!

8bob dividend on how many issued shares.. Surely let us throw about useful information

VituVingiSana
#15011 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2020 8:52:21 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:

8bob dividend on how many issued shares.. Surely let us throw about useful information
Irrelevant since one can only deal with their own shares. It doesn't matter what the total dividend Saf pays vs what I receive per share. Same applies to Scan and KQ. Good luck.
sparkly
#15012 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2020 1:12:57 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:

Irrelevant since one can only deal with their own shares. It doesn't matter what the total dividend Saf pays vs what I receive per share. Same applies to Scan and KQ. Good luck.

Word!
kmucheke
#15013 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2020 3:42:28 PM

KaunganaDoDo wrote:

KALPA doesn't deserve any mercy

Laughing out loudly KALPA has heard you ...

Pilots dismiss KQ plan to fire workers

Quote:
The Kenya Airline Pilots Association (KALPA) has poked holes into the planned sacking of Kenya Airways staff terming it a waste of resources.
In a statement the association questions the thinking behind the plan when plans to nationalize the airline are at advanced stage and forecast points to quick recovery of the entire aviation sector in the next two years.

Quote:
“It is highly inadvisable and inconsiderate to give staff a three-day notice of unpaid leave, the same workforce having been on 35 per cent pay for the last three months,” said Murithi Nyagah, General Secretary and Ceo KAPA.
“This is against government wish to employers to protect jobs as much as possible,” he said.
VituVingiSana
#15014 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2020 4:25:14 PM

kmucheke wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:

KALPA doesn't deserve any mercy

Laughing out loudly KALPA has heard you ...

Pilots dismiss KQ plan to fire workers

Quote:
The Kenya Airline Pilots Association (KALPA) has poked holes into the planned sacking of Kenya Airways staff terming it a waste of resources.
In a statement the association questions the thinking behind the plan when plans to nationalize the airline are at advanced stage and forecast points to quick recovery of the entire aviation sector in the next two years.

Quote:
“It is highly inadvisable and inconsiderate to give staff a three-day notice of unpaid leave, the same workforce having been on 35 per cent pay for the last three months,” said Murithi Nyagah, General Secretary and Ceo KAPA.
“This is against government wish to employers to protect jobs as much as possible,” he said.

The idea of bankruptcy is to wipe the slate clean. Sadly, that's the route GoK is not going down since the Taxpayer is backstopping this BS.
obiero
#15015 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2020 5:14:57 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:

It's common sense that higher priced stocks normally have higher dividend payout. Sit back and think. Would you pay KES 1,000 for Kurwitu stock to receive an 8bob dividend. What is that ratio?

VituVingiSana
#15016 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2020 10:50:26 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:

It's common sense that higher priced stocks normally have higher dividend payout. Sit back and think. Would you pay KES 1,000 for Kurwitu stock to receive an 8bob dividend. What is that ratio?
Now you are getting somewhere.
The dividend yield for ScanGroup (albeit it is a special dividend) is spectacular.
KQ vs Scangroup is a great case study.
muandiwambeu
#15017 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2020 11:33:39 PM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:

Hehehe, no no no. This thread, will remain on under @ Choir master's steel ballls, auch nope, nope, nope kqueer would be afloat save for the weight of @ obieros maraging titinium alloy steelballs.smile Sad
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Mike Ock
#15018 Posted : Wednesday, July 08, 2020 12:02:15 PM

obiero wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:

A private group of investors could still come through and make a Kenyan airline. And if a Kenyan airline proves unsustainable, we'll just use the international ones!

Aviation isn't cheap..

Many investment groups can raise hundreds of billions. GoK isn't the only one with big money to spend
obiero
#15019 Posted : Wednesday, July 08, 2020 5:40:10 PM

Mike Ock wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:

A private group of investors could still come through and make a Kenyan airline. And if a Kenyan airline proves unsustainable, we'll just use the international ones!

Aviation isn't cheap..

Many investment groups can raise hundreds of billions. GoK isn't the only one with big money to spend

Ofcourse even NSSF could buy a stake, but it doesn't change the fact that aviation isn't cheap, ask Richard Branson on why he failed with Virgin

kmucheke
#15020 Posted : Thursday, July 09, 2020 2:41:17 PM

TBT

The End.