Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<747748749750751>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
sparkly
#14961 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 3:21:35 PM

obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

You will be shocked!

It was bound to happen. KQ has over Kshs 200B liabilities and not even making money from operations.

The state takeover is necessary to add collateral cash inflows for the creditors. If that fails to yield cash for the creditors, expect planes to be seized while flying abroad.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#14962 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 4:46:32 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

You will be shocked!

It was bound to happen. KQ has over Kshs 200B liabilities and not even making money from operations.

The state takeover is necessary to add collateral cash inflows for the creditors. If that fails to yield cash for the creditors, expect planes to be seized while flying abroad.

In diplomacy, for a national carrier flying our flag, what you are saying is logical but not possible..

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
kmucheke
#14963 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 5:08:22 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

You will be shocked!

In diplomacy, for a national carrier flying our flag, what you are saying is logical but not possible..

Very possible indeed. Air Zimbabwe planes have been impounded by creditors and only released after debt clearance.

LINK

Quote:
The only operational aircraft of Zimbabwean national carrier, Air Zimbabwe, was impounded by authorities in South Africa over debts.

The TimesLIVE news portal reported that the Airports Company of South Africa (Acsa) had impounded the Boeing 767-200 because Air Zimbabwe owed Acsa payments for “landing, parking and passenger services for flights into Johannesburg.”
HaMaina
#14964 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 5:49:03 PM

winmak wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
littledove wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=nairobby]Suspended indefinitely?

https://mobile.twitter.c...966975641853952/photo/1[/quote]

This is a LOCKDOWN...NO GETTING IN OR OUT OF THE CITY...those with pesa ya Mboga in the share hopping to dispose off today will go hungry. I think the CMA and NSE chaps must have seen the Buyout price...which must be lower than the price This excitement would have created if the share was trad-able in the medium term.

somebody was able to exit a big chunk yesterday, information leaksmile

Big buyer

Suspended for 3 calendar months.

Even 6 months, we can wait

To quote someone: "Hung Share" Laughing out loudly

Speculation cut short here, many must have been caught in here Laughing out loudly

@HaMaina I hope this time you exited in good time 😱😱

This one I was not caught off guard. Cheers.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
Impunity
#14965 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 6:01:32 PM

Adios KQ
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

obiero
#14966 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 6:24:14 PM

kmucheke wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

You will be shocked!

Very possible indeed. Air Zimbabwe planes have been impounded by creditors and only released after debt clearance.

LINK

Quote:
The only operational aircraft of Zimbabwean national carrier, Air Zimbabwe, was impounded by authorities in South Africa over debts.

The TimesLIVE news portal reported that the Airports Company of South Africa (Acsa) had impounded the Boeing 767-200 because Air Zimbabwe owed Acsa payments for “landing, parking and passenger services for flights into Johannesburg.”

Apples and oranges

VituVingiSana
#14967 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 6:29:37 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

You will be shocked!

Tanzanian plane impounded in Canada
https://www.nation.co.ke...ounded-in-canada-225706

South Africa seizes Air Tanzania plane in Johannesburg
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-49460873

Air Zimbabwe's only plane impounded by South Africa over debts
https://www.africanews.c...uth-africa-over-debts//
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#14968 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 6:31:07 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

You will be shocked!

Tanzanian plane impounded in Canada
https://www.nation.co.ke...ounded-in-canada-225706

South Africa seizes Air Tanzania plane in Johannesburg
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-49460873

Air Zimbabwe's only plane impounded by South Africa over debts
https://www.africanews.c...uth-africa-over-debts//

We are talking about Kenya

VituVingiSana
#14969 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 6:33:40 PM

Lakini, I have to say, if there is one person who has been LOYAL, it is @Obiero to KQ, from pushing Ngunze's agenda to the current management/board.

Even I did not defend KK like this.

Ngunze ate his millions and left.
As will the others with zero skin in the game.

It hurts me that my taxes will bailout out a dead horse BUT I am happy for @Obiero. May he choose better next time.
We learn from our mistakes. I have had many lessons from ARM to KQ.

Good luck @Obiero.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Extraterrestrial
#14970 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 7:32:05 PM

Just like some busy bodies still post in the Kenol Kobil thread, even after KQ cash hits shareholders' accounts, people will still be posting in this King of Threads.
obiero
#14971 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 9:33:03 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Lakini, I have to say, if there is one person who has been LOYAL, it is @Obiero to KQ, from pushing Ngunze's agenda to the current management/board.

It hurts me that my taxes will bailout out a dead horse BUT I am happy for @Obiero. May he choose better next time.

Good luck @Obiero.

Enjoyed the turbulent journey and I am at peace with the personal decision to average down.. Keep safe @VituVisanga

muandiwambeu
#14972 Posted : Saturday, July 04, 2020 3:28:23 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Good luck @Obiero.

Enjoyed the turbulent journey and I am at peace with the personal decision to average down.. Keep safe @VituVisanga

What next??????
I fear boredomness while kqueer is awaySad Sad Sad
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
VituVingiSana
#14973 Posted : Saturday, July 04, 2020 7:20:33 AM

muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Good luck @Obiero.

What next??????

Mumias, HAFR, Sameer, NBV among other crap! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
peep
#14974 Posted : Saturday, July 04, 2020 9:11:30 AM

Before the state buyout, they should return our shares that were wiped out last year by over 70%.
After the buyout, the new owner should:
1. Sack everyone (especially the pilots) then recruit afresh at much lower rates. There's a glut of airline staff in the world now
2. Ban all new recruits from membership to unions
3. Cancel all the deals with the SPVs sitting in between KQ and Boeing. These leaches are draining the airline. I hear that they are not at the Boeing HQ, but here with us.
4. Review fuel contracts
Angelica _ann
#14975 Posted : Saturday, July 04, 2020 9:54:35 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Good luck @Obiero.

What next??????

Mumias, HAFR, Sameer, NBV among other crap! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

HFCK smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#14976 Posted : Saturday, July 04, 2020 11:53:23 AM

maka wrote:
If no money comes from the Govt and we don't start flying ...The last salary that employees will have got is end of June... No more cash for any type of payment.....

Kenya airways plc started a three month round ofjob cuts as lawmakers debate a bill to nationalize the carrier and it's losses mount due to the impact of the Corona virus pandemic.
The process is expected to be completed by September 30
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
essyk
#14977 Posted : Sunday, July 05, 2020 3:01:03 AM

kq cargo

Discuss.
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
ArrestedDev
#14978 Posted : Sunday, July 05, 2020 10:19:59 AM

Ericsson wrote:
maka wrote:
If no money comes from the Govt and we don't start flying ...The last salary that employees will have got is end of June... No more cash for any type of payment.....

Kenya airways plc started a three month round ofjob cuts as lawmakers debate a bill to nationalize the carrier and it's losses mount due to the impact of the Corona virus pandemic.
The process is expected to be completed by September 30

I said herein long ago that job cuts are inevitable and Kilavuka was just prolonging the problem.

Total lack of leadership.
ArrestedDev
#14979 Posted : Sunday, July 05, 2020 10:23:28 AM

peep wrote:
Before the state buyout, they should return our shares that were wiped out last year by over 70%.
1. Sack everyone (especially the pilots) then recruit afresh at much lower rates. There's a glut of airline staff in the world now
3. Cancel all the deals with the SPVs sitting in between KQ and Boeing. These leaches are draining the airline. I hear that they are not at the Boeing HQ, but here with us.
4. Review fuel contracts

Nothing will change. Staff are not to blame. The management is to blame. Even the new CEO is as clueless as one can imagine. He is holding brief for the cartels. They will now have the space to loot very well once it is a fully government entity.

KQ is done and dusted. This thread should be closed.
muandiwambeu
#14980 Posted : Sunday, July 05, 2020 11:02:07 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
peep wrote:
4. Review fuel contracts

Nothing will change. Staff are not to blame. The management is to blame. Even the new CEO is as clueless as one can imagine. He is holding brief for the cartels. They will now have the space to loot very well once it is a fully government entity.

KQ is done and dusted. This thread should be closed.

Who is best of the morticians to do the rites, but it's too sad for our dear brothers and sisters how will have to live with the loss of their livelihoods for having dearly believed in the mawingu and other stories to an extent of having their ninis badly multilatered at the hads of a less caring government and enabled institutions.
Poleni saaaaana. A good managers reputation will in the long run, get dented in an industry with bad reputation. So do not give an excuse that you had the best of drivers at the helm.
Warren Buffet wins once again stands the test of tym. So as you continue getting hitched onto your new partners, know who you are trusting your heads with.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....