772 Pages«<727728729730731>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
Spikes
#14561 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 1:02:18 PM

HaMaina wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
ARAPCHARLEE wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
KQ @ Ksh 1.06 , still watching & waiting.

Who is selling at 1.25cts.. kwani alinunua na ngapi or 19centuary ama ameona niniAnxious

Watu wako na needs mingi.
Rather recover the little you can than lose everything

KQ is looking tastier by the day, have just ongeza'd @ Ksh 0.95

You've been ripped off! You would have waited till the price crashes further to sub KES 0.50 .It is too early to dive in headfirst @obiero style when the government is struggling to review COVID-19 curfew. The government doesn't have money to impose a lockdown in a bid to curb rapid spread of COVID-19 therefore KQ is not on the executive's priority. Kwa hii nyani watu watachomeka vibaya sana!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
cyruskulei
#14562 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 1:08:11 PM

ARAPCHARLEE wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
ARAPCHARLEE wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
KQ @ Ksh 1.06 , still watching & waiting.

Who is selling at 1.25cts.. kwani alinunua na ngapi or 19centuary ama ameona niniAnxious

Watu wako na needs mingi.
Rather recover the little you can than lose everything

KQ is looking tastier by the day, have just ongeza'd @ Ksh 0.95

Wah Economy finished! someone is recovering a mighty chunk at 1.00.. ni sawaSickamp; Silenced

We will add a million shares when it touches 0.50 and below. Around next week or so.
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

kaki99
#14563 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 3:25:53 PM

Air Mauritius enters voluntary administration due to coronavirus

https://af.reuters.com/a...itiesNews/idAFL5N2CA4GI

Another Casualty
littledove
#14564 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 11:59:10 AM

https://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2020/04/kq-to-produce-face-masks-using-unutilized-materials-in-response-to-covid-19/
The airline’s Chief Executive Officer Allan Kilavuka said the move was aimed at complementing government’s efforts in availing face masks, in line with health ministry guidelines requiring mandatory wearing of face masks in public places.
The national carrier is set to produce over 1,000 masks.

Workers will be deployed on a six-hour shift each to produce 80 masks a day.
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
maka
#14565 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 12:11:00 PM

littledove wrote:
https://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2020/04/kq-to-produce-face-masks-using-unutilized-materials-in-response-to-covid-19/
The airline’s Chief Executive Officer Allan Kilavuka said the move was aimed at complementing government’s efforts in availing face masks, in line with health ministry guidelines requiring mandatory wearing of face masks in public places.

I hope it's for in use...Just the other day they had run out of masks for their staff....🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️
possunt quia posse videntur
maka
#14566 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 12:12:50 PM

maka wrote:
littledove wrote:

I hope it's for in use...Just the other day they had run out of masks for their staff....🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Seen it's for customers/staff + family and the neighbouring community...

the deal
#14567 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 12:43:00 PM

Market is factoring in a bankruptcy here...most likely GoK will finally let go...be prepared for the worst!
Ericsson
#14568 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 1:12:24 PM

the deal wrote:
Market is factoring in a bankruptcy here...most likely GoK will finally let go...be prepared for the worst!

South African Airways style
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
cyruskulei
#14569 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 1:52:36 PM

Ericsson wrote:
the deal wrote:

South African Airways style

Is SAA listed?
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

ArrestedDev
#14570 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2020 7:56:25 AM

maka wrote:
maka wrote:
littledove wrote:

Seen it's for customers/staff + family and the neighbouring community...

Good initiative if it is cheaper for KQ to produce them or afford to forego seat covers which should have been produced and fitted on the AOG.

Otherwise, it is just a cheap publicity stunt. I mean, Charity Ngilu, a leader with no known formal education started such initiatives weeks ago!
Impunity
#14571 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2020 10:29:05 AM

Finally sub one bob have come to pass.
Glad I have seen it.
Let me sink some few loose change here.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Spikes
#14572 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2020 12:30:40 PM

Impunity wrote:
Glad I have seen it.

This is the right time to ambush this crap @ sub 0.50.
obiero
#14573 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 12:13:51 AM

Spikes wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Glad I have seen it.

All the best https://www.businessdail...532820-gkj1nh/index.html

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#14574 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 12:15:23 AM

Spikes wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Glad I have seen it.

All the best https://www.businessdail...532820-gkj1nh/index.html

ArrestedDev
#14575 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 6:38:08 AM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
[quote=Impunity]Finally sub one bob have come to pass.
Glad I have seen it.

All the best https://www.businessdail...32820-gkj1nh/index.html[/quote]

The article shows clearly how ET is undercutting KQ, IAD & FRA are major cities into NBO in terms of leisure and business travel but KQ does not fly there and cannot even facilitate a charter.

Look at how the CEO is talking about bringing back the aircraft from LHR without any passengers onboard. Quarantine should be up to the individuals concerned and the government so long as KQ brings them back home.

Read in between the lines and you can see where the rain started to beat us.

This is not good news for the market, the share price will fall further with such news.
obiero
#14576 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 6:56:17 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
[quote=Impunity]Finally sub one bob have come to pass.
Glad I have seen it.

All the best https://www.businessdail...32820-gkj1nh/index.html[/quote]

The article shows clearly how ET is undercutting KQ, IAD & FRA are major cities into NBO in terms of leisure and business travel but KQ does not fly there and cannot even facilitate a charter.

Look at how the CEO is talking about bringing back the aircraft from LHR without any passengers onboard. Quarantine should be up to the individuals concerned and the government so long as KQ brings them back home.

Read in between the lines and you can see where the rain started to beat us.

This is not good news for the market, the share price will fall further with such news.

I believe that the issue is most of the return pick ups aren’t viable, thus better cargo in the meanwhile.. Then again, all airlines are affected globally. This issue is beyond KQ

HaMaina
#14577 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 11:02:06 AM

Impunity wrote:
Glad I have seen it.

Applause Applause Pata'd some @ Ksh 0.84.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
Spikes
#14578 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 12:32:12 PM

HaMaina wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Glad I have seen it.

Applause Applause Pata'd some @ Ksh 0.84.

You are celebrating a disaster. Very soon you'll be deep in the red 50% @ Ksh 0.42 .
You are joking with fire.
Anyway is good to test the waters of COVID-19 aftermaths.
maka
#14579 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 3:20:53 PM

Sebastian Mikosz joins IATA as Senior Vice President for member and external relations effective 1 June 2020
maka
#14580 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 3:49:20 PM

maka wrote:
Sebastian Mikosz joins IATA as Senior Vice President for member and external relations effective 1 June 2020

Sebastian Mikosz to Join IATA

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
27 April 2020
No: 33
Geneva – The International Air Transport Association (IATA) announced that Sebastian Mikosz will join IATA as the Association’s Senior Vice President for Member and External Relations, effective 1 June 2020.

Most recently, Mikosz was Group Managing Director and CEO of Kenya Airways (2017-2019), during which time he served on the IATA Board of Governors. Prior to that he was the CEO of LOT Polish Airlines (2009-2011 and 2013-2015) and the CEO of Poland’s largest online travel agency, the eSKY Group (2015-2017).

At IATA, Mikosz will lead the organization’s global advocacy activities and aero-political policy development, along with managing the association’s strategic relationships. This includes IATA’s 290 member airlines as well as governments, international organizations and stakeholders in both the private and public sectors. Mikosz will report to the Director General and CEO and join the Association’s Strategic Leadership Team. He replaces Paul Steele, who retired from IATA in October 2019. Brian Pearce, IATA’s Chief Economist has been handling the duties of this post on an ad interim basis since then.

“Sebastian brings with him a wealth of experience in the public and private sectors that will be critical in advancing the global aviation industry’s advocacy agenda. At this time of unprecedented crisis, the airline industry needs a strong voice. We must restore the confidence of governments and travelers so that aviation can re-start, lead an economic recovery, and connect the world. Sebastian’s experience in launching and turning-around companies will be invaluable in helping IATA meet the expectations of our members, governments and stakeholders,” said Alexandre de Juniac, IATA’s Director General and CEO.

“I can’t wait to get started at IATA. Aviation is in crisis and all industry and government stakeholders have high expectations for IATA to play a critical role in driving the recovery. From my experience as an airline CEO and as a member of the IATA Board of Governors, I know how important IATA is to the global connectivity that we usually take for granted. Today’s challenges could not be greater. And, in joining IATA, I am determined to contribute to the efficient restoration of the links between people, nations and economies that only aviation can provide,” said Mikosz.

A Polish national, Mikosz is a graduate of the Institute of Political Studies in France with a Master’s degree in Economics and Finance. In addition to his airline experience, Mikosz’s career includes the positions of Vice President at the Polish Information and Foreign Investment Agency, Senior Advisor at Société Générale Corporate Investment Bank, Managing Director of the French Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Poland and founder of the online brokerage house Fast Trade. Mikosz speaks Polish, English, French and Russian.

For more information, please contact:
Corporate Communications
Tel: +41 22 770 2967
Email: corpcomms@iata.org

Notes for editors:
IATA (International Air Transport Association) represents some 290 airlines comprising 82% of global air traffic.
You can follow us at twitter.com/iata for announcements, policy positions, and other useful industry information