wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<681682683684685>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
VituVingiSana
#13641 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 4:59:45 PM

Deloitte says KQ ignored warning on open sky policy
https://www.businessdail...ersion-e6lsfo/index.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#13642 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 5:51:18 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
https://www.businessdail...rsion-e6lsfo/index.html

Aged faeces doesn't smell..

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
HaMaina
#13643 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 8:46:36 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

What grows from the quality aged faeces also makes the best salad, that we all love.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
Spikes
#13644 Posted : Sunday, September 01, 2019 7:41:50 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

You should also unlearn your aged habit of denial.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
maka
#13645 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 9:09:32 AM

[quote=VituVingiSana]Deloitte says KQ ignored warning on open sky policy
https://www.businessdail...rsion-e6lsfo/index.html[/quote]

I rem telling you guys so where on this thread how TN had all senior and mid level managers go to Mombasa before they launched Project Mawingu...
After Alex Mbugua did some vodoo projections with new routes which included Rio and I think Tel Aviv plus several others... TN properly dressed down the managers and forced them to support the project... I honestly think those 2 guys had some serious vested interest in the project and made quite some bit of money out of it....
possunt quia posse videntur
nairobby
#13646 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 9:25:14 AM

maka wrote:
[quote=VituVingiSana]Deloitte says KQ ignored warning on open sky policy
https://www.businessdail...rsion-e6lsfo/index.html[/quote]

I rem telling you guys so where on this thread how TN had all senior and mid level managers go to Mombasa before they launched Project Mawingu...
After Alex Mbugua did some vodoo projections with new routes which included Rio and I think Tel Aviv plus several others... TN properly dressed down the managers and forced them to support the project... I honestly think those 2 guys had some serious vested interest in the project and made quite some bit of money out of it....

I'm 100% sure they did because buying those 77W's was as brainless as it was about looting. Were they really stupid enough to not know they didn't need all that capacity? Kick backs are the only explanation.

Meanwhile ET already had first mover advantage on turning Addis to a hub and KQ wonders how they were left behind smh
Bishofu
#13647 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 9:57:05 AM

obiero
#13648 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 10:12:14 AM

maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
https://www.businessdail...ersion-e6lsfo/index.htm

I remember too. I also recall stating here on this thread that TN is the crook that switched off KQ runway lights just as it was approaching for a perfect landing. Let us get unstuck from the old KQ. We are now looking at the turnaround KQ.. Have Mbuvi, Sebastian, or Michael Joseph participated in any fraud?

Spikes
#13649 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 10:40:17 AM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I remember too. I also recall stating here on this thread that TN is the crook that switched off KQ runway lights just as it was approaching for a perfect landing. Let us get unstuck from the old KQ. We are now looking at the turnaround KQ.. Have Mbuvi, Sebastian, or Michael Joseph participated in any fraud?

Certainly not but a lot has to be done to clean KQ payroll off rogue employees and opportunistic agencies.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
VituVingiSana
#13650 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 10:54:11 AM

Dear KQ shareholders,

Good Luck!

https://www.the-star.co....on-excess-baggage-fraud/
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#13651 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 11:02:48 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:

4 years ago! Let us get something better to do with our various lives, the economy depends on us to be productive citizens

obiero
#13652 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 11:04:45 AM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Certainly not but a lot has to be done to clean KQ payroll off rogue employees and opportunistic agencies.

KAWU and KAPLA will never allow it.. The rot is systemic and the culture is borderline insane. Customer service, work ethic and integrity are largely not a part of the belief system of KQ staff. What kind of CBA in this world apart from KQ, allows an employee to be away for up to 24 hours with no need to explain cause of absence? A whole B787 doesn't depart to NYC because of one guy who routinely gets drunk but cant be fired. And we blame Sebastian? Give me a break

VituVingiSana
#13653 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 12:11:58 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

4 years ago! Let us get something better to do with our various lives, the economy depends on us to be productive citizens
The article is dated 2nd Sep 2019. I hope the issue has been fixed.
VituVingiSana
#13654 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 12:26:50 PM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

KAWU and KAPLA will never allow it.. The rot is systemic and the culture is borderline insane. Customer service, work ethic and integrity are largely not a part of the belief system of KQ staff. What kind of CBA in this world apart from KQ, allows an employee to be away for up to 24 hours with no need to explain cause of absence? A whole B787 doesn't depart to NYC because of one guy who routinely gets drunk but cant be fired. And we blame Sebastian? Give me a break
#TukoPamoja
obiero
#13655 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 12:36:52 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

You and I know that the Deloitte report is dated.. Media simply wants to sensationalize the KQ stories as it is catchy

maka
#13656 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2019 9:11:27 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

You and I know that the Deloitte report is dated.. Media simply wants to sensationalize the KQ stories as it is catchy

For once let me side with KQ ...There was actually no issue in regards to this...Whatever loophole that was there was properly sorted. I don't know why the Star is keen on reporting of such outdated issues instead on focusing on current matters affecting the airline.

The part where I bash at Corporate communication. Most pathetic pieces of c***s in the business.
maka
#13657 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2019 9:45:15 AM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

For once let me side with KQ ...There was actually no issue in regards to this...Whatever loophole that was there was properly sorted. I don't know why the Star is keen on reporting of such outdated issues instead on focusing on current matters affecting the airline.

The part where I bash at Corporate communication. Most pathetic pieces of c***s in the business.

They are now even lying... Stupid people...

Anyway I think you guys saw some ad for Head of Brand Marketing something like that... So guys applied and interviews are supposed to be done... That's a H14 job... That Ursula Silling lady told some of her staff who are H9 to conduct the interviews for that position. Very sad state of affairs... I am feeling sorry for the young people just joining that is a shell of a company.... No values.. Nothing. Decent long serving employees are leaving in droves... Last week... 1 week there were 4 incidents involving 4 different planes... What does that tell you...Engineering is overstretched big time... Things are terribly wrong.
chiaroscuro
#13658 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2019 2:37:35 PM

obiero wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
obiero wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Interesting. About 100 passengers are accommodated in the hotel each day...

Daily Nation wrote:
The total number of guests who have been provided with accommodation on account of delays stood at 19,345 for the seven months, or an average of 2,764 per month, haemorrhaging a carrier that has been struggling to stay afloat for many years.

I don't have a problem with this the cost is actually factored in on the ticket price most of the time ... Are there avoidable situations definitely... This is honestly a non issue, the media should focus on more serious issues not this... 100 *4500 = 450,000.

Actually the only problem I have with this is that KQ hasn't been paying on time so the bills have been accumulating... It's not something new to find a hotel being owed 10 m plus... So you are given piecemeal cash to reduce the total bill esp when you complain.

What do you expect when current assets are sh28bn against current liabilities of sh131bn?

I wouldn't supply KQ with anything unless they paid in advance!

Wewe kukoriko.. You want to lie that KQ has assets worth KES 28B only.. That is the cost of only one B787 plane boss

This is the problem with many people: they only look at one side of the financial equation - assets.

Allow me to illustrate with a true story that happened three decades ago.

A wealthy man died and left behind two legal wives - no dispute about their wife status. Wife A had been closely involved in the business affairs of the man so she knew the financial position quite well.

Wife B was a shags house-wife. Only knew that her husband "owned a lot of property". In particular, she really admired a newly built office block in town.

When the man died, she put her foot down and insisted that all she wants is the office block - hizo zingine za zamani mnaweza kaa nazo!

WIfe A agreed to the demands and handed over all paperwork and related documents for this property. One month later, the bank that had financed the construction came for its monthly installment. Guess what? There wasn't enough money in the account from all the rent to cover the payment!

By the end of the year after taking over, the office block was auctioned.

=====

This the same kind of thinking that people have been applying to KQ. Looking at the assets and ignoring the [much greater] liabilities.

To @Obiero: I am shocked that you don't know the meaning of "current assets".

KQ's aeroplanes are NOT current assets. They are "fixed assets" - even though they move all over the world, they still remain "fixed assets" because the company is not in the business of selling aeroplanes!

Current assets are cash at hand + cash equivalents + payments expected to be RECEIVED withing 12 months.

Current liabilities are payments expected to be MADE within the coming 12 months.

Thank you for the 'free education' on current asset definition. I owe you my life because of that.. So, now in your world, the negative equity of KQ has been calculated minus the fixed assets? And that when selling off the company, the planes would not count for anything?

Ngai!

Do you not understand how NET ASSETS is arrived at?

You work out the value of all assets - planes, buildings, land, licences, etc - and then subtract the value of all monies owed - bank loans, supplier credits, pre-paid tickets etc.

The answer is what we call net assets. For KQ, that figure is NEGATIVE 16bn shillings. Yaani, the value of its assets [including those aeroplanes that you are talking about] is LESS than the monies it owes.

Furthermore: if you look at a 12-month projection, you see that the money KQ expects to receive in that period is LESS than what it expects to pay out by over 100bn.
maka
#13659 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2019 2:50:59 PM

[quote=VituVingiSana]Dear KQ shareholders,

Good Luck!

https://www.the-star.co....n-excess-baggage-fraud/[/quote]

obiero
#13660 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2019 6:38:56 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

That unit is a big part of KQ problems. Even the JKIA takeover was mishandled. They should have kept it on the low for the longest time possible and/or spun that expose big time when it came out