wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<680681682683684>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
maka
#13621 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 11:46:22 AM

maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Interesting. About 100 passengers are accommodated in the hotel each day...

Daily Nation wrote:
The total number of guests who have been provided with accommodation on account of delays stood at 19,345 for the seven months, or an average of 2,764 per month, haemorrhaging a carrier that has been struggling to stay afloat for many years.

I don't have a problem with this the cost is actually factored in on the ticket price most of the time ... Are there avoidable situations definitely... This is honestly a non issue, the media should focus on more serious issues not this... 100 *4500 = 450,000.

Actually the only problem I have with this is that KQ hasn't been paying on time so the bills have been accumulating... It's not something new to find a hotel being owed 10 m plus... So you are given piecemeal cash to reduce the total bill esp when you complain.
possunt quia posse videntur
VituVingiSana
#13622 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 6:39:17 PM

maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Daily Nation wrote:
The total number of guests who have been provided with accommodation on account of delays stood at 19,345 for the seven months, or an average of 2,764 per month, haemorrhaging a carrier that has been struggling to stay afloat for many years.

I don't have a problem with this the cost is actually factored in on the ticket price most of the time ... Are there avoidable situations definitely... This is honestly a non issue, the media should focus on more serious issues not this... 100 *4500 = 450,000.
If it is the pilot/s at fault e.g. delayed/cancenled flight due to tardiness or no-show then their pay should be docked! If they work overtime, aren't they well compensated?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#13623 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 6:58:21 PM

maka wrote:
maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Daily Nation wrote:

Actually the only problem I have with this is that KQ hasn't been paying on time so the bills have been accumulating... It's not something new to find a hotel being owed 10 m plus... So you are given piecemeal cash to reduce the total bill esp when you complain.
Is Hotel Kipindupindu paid on time?
BTW, if I can get the rates as quoted by someone of 4,500 B&B then I would put up relaz there! Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#13624 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 7:49:48 PM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
rwitre wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
rwitre wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Let's see how wrong "experienced NSE investors" can be. I'll use bitcoin, which an elder has called takataka some time back, while strongly vouching for KQ.

As of 16th March 2019,
KQ price per share: Sh. 5.56
BTC price: $3984

Will compare percentage increase/decrease after a year.

My opinion for the minority shareholders trapped in KQ: You can sell, take the loss, and plough all that cash into some BTC. It will recoup your costs, and earn you a tidy profit.

Plus let's face it-at this point KQ is just frustrating y'all (yes, even more than those in BTC with its wild price swings). So many blindspots, hidden players calling the shots, still in loss territory, and minority shareholders not knowing who is looking out for their interests.

But am not a prophet, so let's check back in a year.

Ni hayo tu kwa sasa.

Make the switch already and recover your money. Leave KQ to the government and insiders.
Not that I care for Bitcoin BUT what are the latest KQ vs BTC prices?

Prices as at 27/08/2019 compared to 16th March 2019
KQ price per share: Sh. 2.73 (50.8% down)
BTC price: $10188 (155.7% up)

Heri nikunywe maji ya Nairobi River badala ya kununua Bitcoin.. KQ is in the red but facing the right way.. It's been said here severally that expenses are the pending issue, not revenue generation capacity. For now im trapped inside the plane, nawaona hapo nje mnacheka lakini mjue kifo ni moja, shida ni kuingoja! I speak in code

"Quality of a man thoughts are displayed in the structuring of his words"
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I'm soo glad you finally grew up.. Kitambo you would have written some jibberish but nowadays you quote me. I'm flattered Applause

Life is short. Live passionately.
maka
#13625 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 11:50:16 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Daily Nation wrote:

If it is the pilot/s at fault e.g. delayed/cancenled flight due to tardiness or no-show then their pay should be docked! If they work overtime, aren't they well compensated?

That is why that CBA should be renegotiated... That nonesense of goodwill should be withdrawn... It's either you are roostered you work and get paid or you do overtime and get paid... You just don't decide when you want to fly... Ab initio should hv never been disbanded... The bonded pilots were way better than this crop of selfish guys.
maka
#13626 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 11:55:03 PM

Impunity
#13627 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 7:01:32 AM

We watched and learnt.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

chiaroscuro
#13628 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 7:36:47 AM

maka wrote:
maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Daily Nation wrote:

What do you expect when current assets are sh28bn against current liabilities of sh131bn?

I wouldn't supply KQ with anything unless they paid in advance!
maka
#13629 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:25:07 AM

chiaroscuro wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Daily Nation wrote:

What do you expect when current assets are sh28bn against current liabilities of sh131bn?

Now that last year results are out and we are through with HY can I post the schedule of how much they owe to various entities?
VituVingiSana
#13630 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:40:29 AM

maka wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Daily Nation wrote:

Now that last year results are out and we are through with HY can I post the schedule of how much they owe to various entities?
YES
obiero
#13631 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:57:45 AM

maka wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Daily Nation wrote:

That is impunity bro.. Wacha kiherehere.. Impairment losses are the real culprit in H1. KQ is a going concern on dedicated GoK life support no matter how badly we want it to die, it will live

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#13632 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:59:54 AM

chiaroscuro wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Daily Nation wrote:

Wewe kukoriko.. You want to lie that KQ has assets worth KES 28B only.. That is the cost of only one B787 plane boss

maka
#13633 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 9:21:50 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Daily Nation wrote:

YES

You have bail money?Or you will be bringing me mkate na soda kila siku at Industrial area...@Obiero has them let him post....Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
obiero
#13634 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 9:27:31 AM

maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Daily Nation wrote:

YES

You have bail money?Or you will be bringing me mkate na soda kila siku at Industrial area...@Obiero has them let him post....Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Mimi siwapatii hawa watu information yoyote, hizi siri ni kali bro.. By the way many thanks for making me think through my KQ holding. By now I would have easily have gone above 500K shares if it wasn't for your data, that kept my brakes on.. I had fallen in love with the stock, and it turned around on me and almost finished me man. I am forever indebted

chiaroscuro
#13635 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 9:32:13 AM

obiero wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Daily Nation wrote:

Wewe kukoriko.. You want to lie that KQ has assets worth KES 28B only.. That is the cost of only one B787 plane boss

This is the problem with many people: they only look at one side of the financial equation - assets.

Allow me to illustrate with a true story that happened three decades ago.

A wealthy man died and left behind two legal wives - no dispute about their wife status. Wife A had been closely involved in the business affairs of the man so she knew the financial position quite well.

Wife B was a shags house-wife. Only knew that her husband "owned a lot of property". In particular, she really admired a newly built office block in town.

When the man died, she put her foot down and insisted that all she wants is the office block - hizo zingine za zamani mnaweza kaa nazo!

WIfe A agreed to the demands and handed over all paperwork and related documents for this property. One month later, the bank that had financed the construction came for its monthly installment. Guess what? There wasn't enough money in the account from all the rent to cover the payment!

By the end of the year after taking over, the office block was auctioned.

=====

This the same kind of thinking that people have been applying to KQ. Looking at the assets and ignoring the [much greater] liabilities.

To @Obiero: I am shocked that you don't know the meaning of "current assets".

KQ's aeroplanes are NOT current assets. They are "fixed assets" - even though they move all over the world, they still remain "fixed assets" because the company is not in the business of selling aeroplanes!

Current assets are cash at hand + cash equivalents + payments expected to be RECEIVED withing 12 months.

Current liabilities are payments expected to be MADE within the coming 12 months.
VituVingiSana
#13636 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 9:48:07 AM

maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Daily Nation wrote:

YES

Which soda do you take? Bread: Ennsvalley Laughing out loudly
VituVingiSana
#13637 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 9:50:34 AM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Daily Nation wrote:

YES

Mimi siwapatii hawa watu information yoyote, hizi siri ni kali bro.. By the way many thanks for making me think through my KQ holding. By now I would have easily have gone above 500K shares if it wasn't for your data, that kept my brakes on.. I had fallen in love with the stock, and it turned around on me and almost finished me man. I am forever indebted
Applause Applause Applause The true spirit of Wazua
HaMaina
#13638 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 11:06:15 AM

KAA chief executive Jonny Anderson in shock resignation

https://www-businessdail...4558-bp5brv%2Findex.html
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
obiero
#13639 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 12:52:19 PM

chiaroscuro wrote:
obiero wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Daily Nation wrote:

This is the problem with many people: they only look at one side of the financial equation - assets.

Allow me to illustrate with a true story that happened three decades ago.

A wealthy man died and left behind two legal wives - no dispute about their wife status. Wife A had been closely involved in the business affairs of the man so she knew the financial position quite well.

Wife B was a shags house-wife. Only knew that her husband "owned a lot of property". In particular, she really admired a newly built office block in town.

When the man died, she put her foot down and insisted that all she wants is the office block - hizo zingine za zamani mnaweza kaa nazo!

WIfe A agreed to the demands and handed over all paperwork and related documents for this property. One month later, the bank that had financed the construction came for its monthly installment. Guess what? There wasn't enough money in the account from all the rent to cover the payment!

By the end of the year after taking over, the office block was auctioned.

=====

This the same kind of thinking that people have been applying to KQ. Looking at the assets and ignoring the [much greater] liabilities.

To @Obiero: I am shocked that you don't know the meaning of "current assets".

KQ's aeroplanes are NOT current assets. They are "fixed assets" - even though they move all over the world, they still remain "fixed assets" because the company is not in the business of selling aeroplanes!

Current assets are cash at hand + cash equivalents + payments expected to be RECEIVED withing 12 months.

Current liabilities are payments expected to be MADE within the coming 12 months.

Thank you for the 'free education' on current asset definition. I owe you my life because of that.. So, now in your world, the negative equity of KQ has been calculated minus the fixed assets? And that when selling off the company, the planes would not count for anything?

VituVingiSana
#13640 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 4:51:05 PM

Leased planes belong to the Lessor. Once the lease is up they are returned to the Lessor.

The purchased planes "belong" to KQ but if they have a loan against them, as is likely the case, then upon a sale, the lenders get paid off first.
Under most SPV structures, the lenders have the rights to the "title" of the plane as long as KQ owes them money.

If KQ owns any planes outright i.e. without encumbrances then the net proceeds will come to KQ but given it has many other debts, the cash will probably used to pay off other creditors eg members of KQLC like the banks or other creditors.

If KQ, the company, is sold, by the shareholders, then the planes and loans go with it. When Rubis bought out KK, it also took over the assets and liabilities.

Therefore, one can't sell the planes, under the SPVs, and not pay off the associated loans.