772 Pages«<678679680681682>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
maka
#13581 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 2:43:54 PM

freiks wrote:
maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Everyone eats except the shareholder...

I rem posting here how Weston got that contract... The Manager Transfer and Karibu Team then was away on sick leave... Strict person that one... Then when she came back after like 1 month she was surprised to find passengers being taken to Weston.... Very little she could do.... It takes roughly 6 months for a new hotel to be given a contract by KQ... So many checks are done by the security team before it happens... Place like Tamarind just got contracts the other day while others like Hill Park and Nairobi Upper hill have theirs terminated because of incidents... For those who know the owner of Hill Park you can imagine with all that influence JBW has the contract was terminated.... No. 2 sio mchezo interesting bit is Weston quotes the lowest price if I am not wrong 4500 per pax... So def they will get volumes....

So educate me, if you are KQ management would you go to expensive hotels when weston is charging peanuts. Their strength is pricing and thats how they got the tender i guess

Ia m very ok with pricing.... 100% ok... Saves KQ money which is good.

They never went through the rigorous process that other hotels went through to get that contract... That is life esp in Kenya.

I don't think they have had any complaints so far so good....

possunt quia posse videntur
hardwood
#13582 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 2:59:22 PM

Interesting exchange here...

muandiwambeu
#13583 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 4:45:31 PM

hardwood wrote:
Interesting exchange here...

Interesting one, but the results are even more interesting.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
FUNKY
#13584 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 4:46:54 PM

The government should liquidate KQ and start a new airline
maka
#13585 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 5:31:06 PM

There are serious financial gurus here... Lets agree on something KQs problem is not on the revenue side.... They are doing extremely well hapo...
Metch
#13586 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 5:38:49 PM

FUNKY wrote:

How about liquidate and NOT start a new airline. I'd be ok with that

Start!
Ericsson
#13587 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 5:40:05 PM

maka wrote:
There are serious financial gurus here... Lets agree on something KQs problem is not on the revenue side.... They are doing extremely well hapo...

Chairman statement;
https://pbs.twimg.com/me...rmat=jpg&name=small

Total revenues increased by 12% to ksh.58.55mn
Passenger numbers grew by 6.6% to 2.4mn
Passenger revenue grew by 5.8% to ksh.42.597mn
Total operating costs grew by 15.48% to ksh.61.454bn
Total Finance costs grew by 77.83% to ksh.5.278bn
Realized losses on fuel derivatives ksh.380mn
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
maka
#13588 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 5:42:59 PM

@Obiero you see... Starting new routes is easy... Fan fair... Pomp... Etc The costs that accompany those new routes are usually crazy....
obiero
#13589 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 5:52:56 PM

maka wrote:
@Obiero you see... Starting new routes is easy... Fan fair... Pomp... Etc The costs that accompany those new routes are usually crazy....

Wewe unagongesha Embraer mbili kisha unalia machozi ya mamba..

KQ.. H1 2019 forecast
Total income 59,784
Total operating cost 59,222
Operating profit 562
Other costs -3,290
Interest income 22.5
LBIT -2,705.5
Tax expense/(credit) 15
Other income 855
Total loss for the period -1,835.5

Why would the finance costs grow for Christ sake.. This is turning out to be a monkey?

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
muandiwambeu
#13590 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 6:04:46 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:

KQ.. H1 2019 forecast
Total income 59,784
Operating profit 562
Other costs -3,290
Interest income 22.5
LBIT -2,705.5
Tax expense/(credit) 15
Other income 855

Why would the finance costs grow for Christ sake.. This is turning out to be a monkey?

The firm is overtrading sir obiero, also the old adge that operating margins are dismal is yet to be delt with.
Let's keep counting how many years doesn't 8t take to bring down a behemoth in Kenya.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
obiero
#13591 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 6:11:37 PM

@maka I couldn't finish the presentation.. let's catch an aged one

maka
#13592 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 6:37:56 PM

obiero wrote:
@maka I couldn't finish the presentation.. let's catch an aged one

Inshallah... 😊
xxxxx
#13593 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 6:40:12 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:

KQ.. H1 2019 forecast
Total income 59,784
Operating profit 562
Other costs -3,290
Interest income 22.5
LBIT -2,705.5
Tax expense/(credit) 15
Other income 855

I think MJ should quit this KQueer monkey and focus wholesomely on making us serious money at Safaricom....this KQ BS is consistent and contagiousShame on you Shame on you Shame on you
VituVingiSana
#13594 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 7:05:56 PM

obiero wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
[quote=obiero]Keep telling you guys that the staff don't want KQ to prosper
d'oh! Sad d'oh! Sad d'oh! Sad
I still say that "Old KQ" should be shut down and "New KQ" started. Assets (& associated liabilities) that are required and wanted should be transferred to New KQ. Only the staff that is required, needed and wanted should be hired by New KQ.
The Taxpayer needs a break.

True. However 100m in HOTAC isn't an extreme expense sum for a firm with turnover exceeding KES 110B per annum

The ksh.100mn if saved will be useful in reducing the loss kq makes

There is no airline which doesn't have operating expenses. For KQ unfortunately it's the staff that cause the unnecessary costs

Well KQ has always paid HOTAC its not something new.... It is just that last week there was a meeting officiated by the Director of Operations who is a pilot and all Pilots who have managerial positions plus Head of Ground Services
.... That is when they were given the stats... For example last week when there was a crew shortage it was because one FO was having a wedding in Mombasa.... That same Director of Operations who is complaining about delays etc was in the same wedding and should have raised that issue with his colleague pilots. Yes there is the issue of goodwill etc but one can't call in sick a few hours from the flight and go Scott free that is what they do plus they don't have to show evidence that they were actually ill... A couple of flights were cancelled more than 500 pax had to be accommodated just because of 1 wedding...

I actually prefer that the pilots do call in sick even on short notice because most get extremely high at 1824 et al.. and some end up in an unfit condition to fly the birds, especially Saturday and Sunday morning flights.. Bora uhai!

That's fine but look at the ripple effect... That CBA should be renegotiated KALPA has the upper hand on this matter which is not good at all...

KALPA has broken all the past CEOs at KQ.. They have huge bargaining power since the pilots are primarily from well-off families, thus difficult to 'manage'.. But I agree, something should be done. The number of customers and lives affected by the disruption in schedules isn't good

https://www.nation.co.ke...9044-8ry80gz/index.html[/quote]
I could be the CEO of this airline, if I had the time.. What ails it is simply staffing at all levels, especially the lower end, front office clerks. I wonder how Michael Joseph has been unable to break the cartels. It is just odd
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#13595 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 7:09:20 PM

Metch wrote:
FUNKY wrote:

How about liquidate and NOT start a new airline. I'd be ok with that

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Well, not a Taxpayer funded airline!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
rwitre
#13596 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 7:27:44 PM

rwitre wrote:
Let's see how wrong "experienced NSE investors" can be. I'll use bitcoin, which an elder has called takataka some time back, while strongly vouching for KQ.

As of 16th March 2019,
KQ price per share: Sh. 5.56
BTC price: $3984

Will compare percentage increase/decrease after a year.

My opinion for the minority shareholders trapped in KQ: You can sell, take the loss, and plough all that cash into some BTC. It will recoup your costs, and earn you a tidy profit.

Plus let's face it-at this point KQ is just frustrating y'all (yes, even more than those in BTC with its wild price swings). So many blindspots, hidden players calling the shots, still in loss territory, and minority shareholders not knowing who is looking out for their interests.

But am not a prophet, so let's check back in a year.

Ni hayo tu kwa sasa.

Make the switch already and recover your money. Leave KQ to the government and insiders.
VituVingiSana
#13597 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 7:32:48 PM

rwitre wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Let's see how wrong "experienced NSE investors" can be. I'll use bitcoin, which an elder has called takataka some time back, while strongly vouching for KQ.

As of 16th March 2019,

My opinion for the minority shareholders trapped in KQ: You can sell, take the loss, and plough all that cash into some BTC. It will recoup your costs, and earn you a tidy profit.

Plus let's face it-at this point KQ is just frustrating y'all (yes, even more than those in BTC with its wild price swings). So many blindspots, hidden players calling the shots, still in loss territory, and minority shareholders not knowing who is looking out for their interests.

Ni hayo tu kwa sasa.

Make the switch already and recover your money. Leave KQ to the government and insiders.
Not that I care for Bitcoin BUT what are the latest KQ vs BTC prices?
rwitre
#13598 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 7:47:14 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
rwitre wrote:
rwitre wrote:

As of 16th March 2019,

Ni hayo tu kwa sasa.

Prices as at 27/08/2019 compared to 16th March 2019
KQ price per share: Sh. 2.73 (50.8% down)
BTC price: $10188 (155.7% up)
obiero
#13599 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 8:03:48 PM

rwitre wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
rwitre wrote:
rwitre wrote:

As of 16th March 2019,

Ni hayo tu kwa sasa.

Heri nikunywe maji ya Nairobi River badala ya kununua Bitcoin.. KQ is in the red but facing the right way.. It's been said here severally that expenses are the pending issue, not revenue generation capacity. For now im trapped inside the plane, nawaona hapo nje mnacheka lakini mjue kifo ni moja, shida ni kuingoja! I speak in code

VituVingiSana
#13600 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 8:15:54 PM

rwitre wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
rwitre wrote:
rwitre wrote:

As of 16th March 2019,

Ni hayo tu kwa sasa.

Yaani, someone who bought KQ instead of BTC at the time of your suggestion has just 25% of the value of the guy who bought BTC! d'oh!