maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Keep telling you guys that the staff don't want KQ to prosper
d'oh! Sad d'oh! Sad d'oh! Sad
I still say that "Old KQ" should be shut down and "New KQ" started. Assets (& associated liabilities) that are required and wanted should be transferred to New KQ. Only the staff that is required, needed and wanted should be hired by New KQ.
The Taxpayer needs a break.

True. However 100m in HOTAC isn't an extreme expense sum for a firm with turnover exceeding KES 110B per annum

The ksh.100mn if saved will be useful in reducing the loss kq makes

There is no airline which doesn't have operating expenses. For KQ unfortunately it's the staff that cause the unnecessary costs

Well KQ has always paid HOTAC its not something new.... It is just that last week there was a meeting officiated by the Director of Operations who is a pilot and all Pilots who have managerial positions plus Head of Ground Services
.... That is when they were given the stats... For example last week when there was a crew shortage it was because one FO was having a wedding in Mombasa.... That same Director of Operations who is complaining about delays etc was in the same wedding and should have raised that issue with his colleague pilots. Yes there is the issue of goodwill etc but one can't call in sick a few hours from the flight and go Scott free that is what they do plus they don't have to show evidence that they were actually ill... A couple of flights were cancelled more than 500 pax had to be accommodated just because of 1 wedding...

I actually prefer that the pilots do call in sick even on short notice because most get extremely high at 1824 et al.. and some end up in an unfit condition to fly the birds, especially Saturday and Sunday morning flights.. Bora uhai!

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
maka
#13562 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 8:46:11 AM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
I still say that "Old KQ" should be shut down and "New KQ" started. Assets (& associated liabilities) that are required and wanted should be transferred to New KQ. Only the staff that is required, needed and wanted should be hired by New KQ.

True. However 100m in HOTAC isn't an extreme expense sum for a firm with turnover exceeding KES 110B per annum

There is no airline which doesn't have operating expenses. For KQ unfortunately it's the staff that cause the unnecessary costs

Well KQ has always paid HOTAC its not something new.... It is just that last week there was a meeting officiated by the Director of Operations who is a pilot and all Pilots who have managerial positions plus Head of Ground Services
.... That is when they were given the stats... For example last week when there was a crew shortage it was because one FO was having a wedding in Mombasa.... That same Director of Operations who is complaining about delays etc was in the same wedding and should have raised that issue with his colleague pilots. Yes there is the issue of goodwill etc but one can't call in sick a few hours from the flight and go Scott free that is what they do plus they don't have to show evidence that they were actually ill... A couple of flights were cancelled more than 500 pax had to be accommodated just because of 1 wedding...

I actually prefer that the pilots do call in sick even on short notice because most get extremely high at 1824 et al.. and some end up in an unfit condition to fly the birds, especially Saturday and Sunday morning flights.. Bora uhai!

That's fine but look at the ripple effect... That CBA should be renegotiated KALPA has the upper hand on this matter which is not good at all...
possunt quia posse videntur
VituVingiSana
#13563 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 8:54:53 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Well, if KQ was making a PROFIT of 10bn then 100mn would be a rounding error. What's KQ's profit?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#13564 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 8:54:59 AM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

That's fine but look at the ripple effect... That CBA should be renegotiated KALPA has the upper hand on this matter which is not good at all...

KALPA has broken all the past CEOs at KQ.. They have huge bargaining power since the pilots are primarily from well-off families, thus difficult to 'manage'.. But I agree, something should be done. The number of customers and lives affected by the disruption in schedules isn't good

cyruskulei
#13565 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 9:25:31 AM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

KALPA has broken all the past CEOs at KQ.. They have huge bargaining power since the pilots are primarily from well-off families, thus difficult to 'manage'.. But I agree, something should be done. The number of customers and lives affected by the disruption in schedules isn't good

https://www.nation.co.ke...49044-8ry80gz/index.html
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

obiero
#13566 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 9:47:03 AM

cyruskulei wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
[quote=obiero]Keep telling you guys that the staff don't want KQ to prosper

https://www.nation.co.ke...9044-8ry80gz/index.html[/quote]
I could be the CEO of this airline, if I had the time.. What ails it is simply staffing at all levels, especially the lower end, front office clerks. I wonder how Michael Joseph has been unable to break the cartels. It is just odd

maka
#13567 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 10:31:31 AM

obiero wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I could be the CEO of this airline, if I had the time.. What ails it is simply staffing at all levels, especially the lower end, front office clerks. I wonder how Michael Joseph has been unable to break the cartels. It is just odd

There is a lot wrong in this company... The small small things add up to cause the delays and inefficiencies... Peeps are called for an interview the person who gets the job wasn't even in the interview and doesn't even know what that role entails so how do you expect that person to perform and to marshall guys to achieve effieciencies...?

obiero
#13568 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 10:40:37 AM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

There is a lot wrong in this company... The small small things add up to cause the delays and inefficiencies... Peeps are called for an interview the person who gets the job wasn't even in the interview and doesn't even know what that role entails so how do you expect that person to perform and to marshall guys to achieve effieciencies...?

And I guess some people expect nationalization to 'ease' such a situation. Mutaona maajabu.. Roles will be served even to clueless outsiders! Heri sasa hivi wanaangalia internal staff. What I like about the exposes, is that it gives management a fighting chance to drain the swamp

Impunity
#13569 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 6:40:08 PM

They can givee miguna miguna the mantle.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

obiero
#13570 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 8:56:21 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
@maka the pessimist kindly confirm why the NBO-NYC flights are at 80% capacity booked through to second week of September 2019

Wait for your HY results on Tuesday... I wish you all the best.... smile

Board meeting in the morning then results thereafter... @Obiero lol ati insiders... 🤣🤣

Planes get full I was bumped off from Joburg no biggie was given USD 300(free cash for jägerbombs) and free accommodation....@obiero and @nrbby

KQ is doing extremely badly take it from me....

KQ.. H1 2019 forecast
Total income 59,784
Total operating cost 59,222
Operating profit 562
Other costs -3,290
Interest income 22.5
LBIT -2,705.5
Tax expense/(credit) 15
Other income 855
Total loss for the period -1,835.5

@maka we are hours away.. Mungu mbele!

sparkly
#13571 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 11:28:44 PM

Uganda Airlines flying to JKIA

https://citizentv.co.ke/...i-next-week-270673/?amp

Life is short. Live passionately.
murchr
#13572 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 11:34:50 PM

sparkly wrote:

Wame karibishwa JKIA walipe ushuru. Kutua and kupaa si bure.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
obiero
#13573 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 6:51:21 AM

Spikes
#13574 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 6:51:27 AM

In a couple of hours kitaeleweka...Wale watu wa kifua mbele on this monkey adrenaline imeanza kupanda.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
VyaBureSiachi
#13575 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 11:37:33 AM

obiero wrote:

Isn't this similar to when you come home and your kid runs to you and tells you that the maid is a liar?
If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky that would be like the splendour of the mighty one.
rwitre
#13576 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 12:59:07 PM

VyaBureSiachi wrote:
obiero wrote:

Isn't this similar to when you come home and your kid runs to you and tells you that the maid is a liar?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
hardwood
#13577 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 1:00:57 PM

Everyone eats except the shareholder...

maka
#13578 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 1:21:48 PM

hardwood wrote:

I rem posting here how Weston got that contract... The Manager Transfer and Karibu Team then was away on sick leave... Strict person that one... Then when she came back after like 1 month she was surprised to find passengers being taken to Weston.... Very little she could do.... It takes roughly 6 months for a new hotel to be given a contract by KQ... So many checks are done by the security team before it happens... Place like Tamarind just got contracts the other day while others like Hill Park and Nairobi Upper hill have theirs terminated because of incidents... For those who know the owner of Hill Park you can imagine with all that influence JBW has the contract was terminated.... No. 2 sio mchezo interesting bit is Weston quotes the lowest price if I am not wrong 4500 per pax... So def they will get volumes....
freiks
#13579 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 1:47:12 PM

maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

I rem posting here how Weston got that contract... The Manager Transfer and Karibu Team then was away on sick leave... Strict person that one... Then when she came back after like 1 month she was surprised to find passengers being taken to Weston.... Very little she could do.... It takes roughly 6 months for a new hotel to be given a contract by KQ... So many checks are done by the security team before it happens... Place like Tamarind just got contracts the other day while others like Hill Park and Nairobi Upper hill have theirs terminated because of incidents... For those who know the owner of Hill Park you can imagine with all that influence JBW has the contract was terminated.... No. 2 sio mchezo interesting bit is Weston quotes the lowest price if I am not wrong 4500 per pax... So def they will get volumes....

So educate me, if you are KQ management would you go to expensive hotels when weston is charging peanuts. Their strength is pricing and thats how they got the tender i guess
Life is an endless adventure
maka
#13580 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 2:40:57 PM

Disaster....