wazua Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<676677678679680>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
Spikes
#13541 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 11:18:32 PM

obiero wrote:
Bumper H2 forming

A good gesture but you will be shocked by nasty results next week on Tuesday...
You will see buy orders placed at 1.00 bob as your portfolio blows up inextinguishable furnace.
#Watch and unlearn your trading strategy.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#13542 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 4:40:41 AM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Bumper H2 forming

You will see buy orders placed at 1.00 bob as your portfolio blows up inextinguishable furnace.

Quality of a man thoughts are displayed in the structuring of his words

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ericsson
#13543 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 7:11:05 AM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Bumper H2 forming

Quality of a man thoughts are displayed in the structuring of his words

Tuesday is two days away,ukweli utajulikana
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Monk
#13544 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 9:09:49 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
nairobby wrote:
obiero wrote:
@maka the pessimist kindly confirm why the NBO-NYC flights are at 80% capacity booked through to second week of September 2019

Flew the route earlier this week. Plane was full to the brim.
Matatu style? Laughing out loudly
I am glad KQ is flying full.

I keep getting positive news from insiders at KQ other than @maka.. Luckily I have ran into some funds today. Kufa dereva, kufa makanga I will average down further on KQ

Nearly 10 years ago when the FIFA World Cup was in South Africa, KQ planes were flying full to SA. I jumped in with both feet, thinking there was no way their financials would not be rosy that year, and boost their share price and dividends. Boy, was I mistaken. This is Kenya, and KQ is Gov controlled. I eventually bailed with a 40% loss, and I was one of the lucky ones. That kind of luck I would not wish on anyone.
obiero
#13545 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 9:52:12 AM

Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
nairobby wrote:
obiero wrote:
@maka the pessimist kindly confirm why the NBO-NYC flights are at 80% capacity booked through to second week of September 2019

I keep getting positive news from insiders at KQ other than @maka.. Luckily I have ran into some funds today. Kufa dereva, kufa makanga I will average down further on KQ

Nearly 10 years ago when the FIFA World Cup was in South Africa, KQ planes were flying full to SA. I jumped in with both feet, thinking there was no way their financials would not be rosy that year, and boost their share price and dividends. Boy, was I mistaken. This is Kenya, and KQ is Gov controlled. I eventually bailed with a 40% loss, and I was one of the lucky ones. That kind of luck I would not wish on anyone.

You should not only look at full flights in isolation. Check crude price, fleet type, destination frequency.. NBO-NYC for instance is a hit! Expect 10% jump in revenue

sparkly
#13546 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 10:24:21 AM

obiero wrote:
Bumper H2 forming

The real tweet... Customers are pissed

Life is short. Live passionately.
Spikes
#13547 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 10:29:33 AM

obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
nairobby wrote:
obiero wrote:

You should not only look at full flights in isolation. Check crude price, fleet type, destination frequency.. NBO-NYC for instance is a hit! Expect 10% jump in revenue

You are looking at 10% jump in revenue. What if total cost jumps exponentially to, for instance, 50%...?
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#13548 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 11:16:19 AM

FUNKY wrote:
nairobby wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Air Tanzania acquires landing slots at Gatwick Airport

Air Tanzania has made progress in its plan to fly to London by securing three landing slots at the Gatwick airport. The airline intends to fly directly from their hub at Dar es Salaam’s Julius Nyerere International Airport via Kilimanjaro to London’s Gatwick airport every Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday returning via Kilimanjaro to Dar es Salaam on Thursday, Saturday, and Monday.

If granted permission to fly to the European city, it will be Air Tanzania’s first route into Europe. The air carrier will use the London route as a link to other European and American markets.

The airline is undertaking land rights and landing licenses to allow it to fly into United Kingdom. In addition, Air Tanzania will need to secure European Union safety standards certification. In the meantime, the airline has passed IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA), a mandatory requirement for airlines planning international flights.

Air TZ will operate their new Boeing B787 Dreamliner thrice a week positioning it to offer an incredible service and dominate the marketplace.

The new route will pile pressure on some loss making airlines in the region currently flying from their hubs in East Africa to the UK as Air Tanzania gains market share at their expense.

Furthermore, it will increase competition to Air Egypt that has been connecting via Cairo and KLM connecting via Amsterdam and Kilimanjaro.

Air Tanzania has in the recent past resumed flights to Moroni, Entebbe, Johannesburg, Harare, and Bujumbura with planned flights to the Far East in Mumbai, Guangzhou, and Bangkok.
KQ sold off its PRIME slots at LHR. What an awful move.
LHR > Gatwick for most travelers to the UK.

Meh, don't think it was that awful. They made 7.5b selling those early morning slots (most a slot has sold for at LHR), improved their fleet efficiency as plane didn't have to lie at LHR all day and their London flights still enjoy good loads. Don't think it was that bad.

LHR is still the main gateway. ATCL probably couldn't get slots there.

Side note, when are HY results being released? Landed at JKIA yesterday and so many people were transiting through there, why isn't this reflective in the results?

Because of corruption

Someone didn’t tell Tanzania that aviation is not a bed of rosés https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-49460873

VituVingiSana
#13549 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 12:07:20 PM

obiero wrote:
Bumper H2 forming

@maka - What does it cost KQ per pax, in compensation, for being bumped off a flight like NBO-JFK?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#13550 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 12:15:56 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Bumper H2 forming

@maka - What does it cost KQ per pax, in compensation, for being bumped off a flight like NBO-JFK?

Less than the ticket cost! Note that the overbooking is only done in NBO and never NYC.. Nairobi KQ office settles USD 300 only in HOTAC per affected adult passenger

maka
#13551 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 7:46:07 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Bumper H2 forming

Less than the ticket cost! Note that the overbooking is only done in NBO and never NYC.. Nairobi KQ office settles USD 300 only in HOTAC per affected adult passenger

USD 400...Then factor in around 6k for the hotel... The cost of pick up in the morning by Holiday Tours... so just cancel the one way cost...

@Obiero I know you are excited by this but its peak season now... They werent able to get seats even on other carriers/rebooking on other carriers and using the disruption tool has become tricky... Planes are packed till end of September.
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#13552 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 7:49:04 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Bumper H2 forming

USD 400...Then factor in around 6k for the hotel... The cost of pick up in the morning by Holiday Tours... so just cancel the one way cost...

@Obiero I know you are excited by this but its peak season now... They werent able to get seats even on other carriers/rebooking on other carriers and using the disruption tool has become tricky... Planes are packed till end of September.

Let's enjoy while it lasts.. Seasonality exists in many industries, including telcos! Crude in aviation is playing within hedged range, so it's all gravy for KQ. 50 souls bumped off on a 234 seater isn't bad business, bad customer service indeed, but booming business!

maka
#13553 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 9:36:03 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Bumper H2 forming

Let's enjoy while it lasts.. Seasonality exists in many industries, including telcos! Crude in aviation is playing within hedged range, so it's all gravy for KQ. 50 souls bumped off on a 234 seater isn't bad business, bad customer service indeed, but booming business!

Life as we know it...
obiero
#13554 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 9:36:52 PM

Keep telling you guys that the staff don't want KQ to prosper

VituVingiSana
#13555 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 9:56:14 PM

obiero wrote:
d'oh! Sad d'oh! Sad d'oh! Sad
I still say that "Old KQ" should be shut down and "New KQ" started. Assets (& associated liabilities) that are required and wanted should be transferred to New KQ. Only the staff that is required, needed and wanted should be hired by New KQ.
The Taxpayer needs a break.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#13556 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 10:59:05 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
I still say that "Old KQ" should be shut down and "New KQ" started. Assets (& associated liabilities) that are required and wanted should be transferred to New KQ. Only the staff that is required, needed and wanted should be hired by New KQ.

True. However 100m in HOTAC isn't an extreme expense sum for a firm with turnover exceeding KES 110B per annum

Ericsson
#13557 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 7:27:11 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

True. However 100m in HOTAC isn't an extreme expense sum for a firm with turnover exceeding KES 110B per annum

The ksh.100mn if saved will be useful in reducing the loss kq makes
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#13558 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 7:51:12 AM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

There is no airline which doesn't have operating expenses. For KQ unfortunately it's the staff that cause the unnecessary costs

obiero
#13559 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 8:02:03 AM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

There is no airline which doesn't have operating expenses. For KQ unfortunately it's the staff that cause the unnecessary costs

maka
#13560 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 8:21:11 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Well KQ has always paid HOTAC its not something new.... It is just that last week there was a meeting officiated by the Director of Operations who is a pilot and all Pilots who have managerial positions plus Head of Ground Services
.... That is when they were given the stats... For example last week when there was a crew shortage it was because one FO was having a wedding in Mombasa.... That same Director of Operations who is complaining about delays etc was in the same wedding and should have raised that issue with his colleague pilots. Yes there is the issue of goodwill etc but one can't call in sick a few hours from the flight and go Scott free that is what they do plus they don't have to show evidence that they were actually ill... A couple of flights were cancelled more than 500 pax had to be accommodated just because of 1 wedding...