wazua Thu, Apr 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<671672673674675>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#13441 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 2:07:07 PM

freiks wrote:
The way guys are talking is as if other stocks are riding on steroids yet all stocks are bleeding profusely. Why should KQ act differently. When guys start having confidence in our market all stocks will soar including KQ and guys will make money

It’s just a handful of disillusioned investors here on wazua targeting @Obiero to justify their inadequacy.. any objective person can see the NSE is dipping, the dollar is gaining, companies are merging and people are being retrenched. I’m not sure if I am responsible for all that

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
guru267
#13442 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 2:52:22 PM

snifadog wrote:
guru267 wrote:
I've made so much money in 2019 trading KQ. My latest average buy price is 2.75 looking to exit at 3.50 in the next few months. I dont know who in their right mind would actually buy and hold this stock long term.

the volumes on this counter (and many on NSE) are so miserable how does one make any money short term trading?

It takes me about a week to move 100K KQ shares
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
guru267
#13443 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 2:58:15 PM

obiero wrote:
guru267 wrote:
sparkly wrote:
guru267 wrote:
I've made so much money in 2019 trading KQ. My latest average buy price is 2.75 looking to exit at 3.50 in the next few months. I dont know who in their right mind would actually buy and hold this stock long term.

I can't touch even for short-term speculation for the following reasons:

1. My speculative portfolio of 5% is stuck in HAFR. Don't need another monkey.

2. Weak price trend. Stock likely collapse below KES 2.50 which will be the end of all hopes of recovery.

I think investors need to know when to take losses. How are you still holding HAFR? I remember taking my losses on that monkey some years ago but I have since recovered those losses and then some by trading a few winners.

The biggest lesson I've learned on the NSE is that long term investment is a losing strategy because 9 out of 10 Kenyan companies are simply unable to deliver consistent positive results or deliver shareholder value.

Congratulations @guru267 for trading on KQ but you sell yourself short at KES 3.50.. KES 12 is fair game

You're funny! Unlike you I do not believe KQ is a going concern and tomorrow my shares could be worthless so I'm only in for short term gains. That's how you make real money on the NSE
sparkly
#13444 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:11:13 PM

freiks wrote:
The way guys are talking is as if other stocks are riding on steroids yet all stocks are bleeding profusely. Why should KQ act differently. When guys start having confidence in our market all stocks will soar including KQ and guys will make money

You never know who is swimming naked till the tide goes out. I.e. the bear exposes bad investments for what they really are.

There is no assurance that prices
of fundamentally weak companies like KQ, Mumias,HAFR, Everready will recover after this bear.
Life is short. Live passionately.
sparkly
#13445 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:43:37 PM

guru267 wrote:
obiero wrote:
guru267 wrote:
sparkly wrote:
guru267 wrote:

2. Weak price trend. Stock likely collapse below KES 2.50 which will be the end of all hopes of recovery.

I think investors need to know when to take losses. How are you still holding HAFR? I remember taking my losses on that monkey some years ago but I have since recovered those losses and then some by trading a few winners.

The biggest lesson I've learned on the NSE is that long term investment is a losing strategy because 9 out of 10 Kenyan companies are simply unable to deliver consistent positive results or deliver shareholder value.

Congratulations @guru267 for trading on KQ but you sell yourself short at KES 3.50.. KES 12 is fair game

You're funny! Unlike you I do not believe KQ is a going concern and tomorrow my shares could be worthless so I'm only in for short term gains. That's how you make real money on the NSE

Ouch...
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#13446 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 4:28:43 PM

sparkly wrote:
guru267 wrote:
obiero wrote:
guru267 wrote:
sparkly wrote:
guru267 wrote:

Ouch...

Haven’t seen any ouchiness there from @guru267.. Its her opinion and she’s making money on KQ.. Watch and learn

muandiwambeu
#13447 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:26:20 PM

Spikes wrote:
sparkly wrote:
guru267 wrote:

I agree with you 100%...Weak price trend has been NSE experience. KQ to join MSC, HAFR, UCHUMI nakadhalika nakadhalika..

Very true, penny stocks fallacy again.
My leasons with msc is still fresh, chasing a 🐒 jumping from one slippery 🌲, may see you crash landing on a free fall. Remembering last tym msc traded between 2.5/= and 4.8/=. Even stoploss triggers weren't responding at all, all the way to sub 0.8/=.live and learn. Kqueer looks so similar to msc in many ways, gova factor, hope of proctection and funding to big to fail theory, the bigger fool theory, lousy and thieving workers, competition and black market forces all-shababu et oo, and nothing concrete to show off.
We wait and write history,
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
obiero
#13448 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:36:34 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
Spikes wrote:
sparkly wrote:
guru267 wrote:

I agree with you 100%...Weak price trend has been NSE experience. KQ to join MSC, HAFR, UCHUMI nakadhalika nakadhalika..

My leasons with msc is still fresh, chasing a 🐒 jumping from one slippery 🌲, may see you crash landing on a free fall. Remembering last tym msc traded between 2.5/= and 4.8/=. Even stoploss triggers weren't responding at all, all the way to sub 0.8/=.live and learn. Kqueer looks so similar to msc in many ways, gova factor, hope of proctection and funding to big to fail theory, the bigger fool theory, lousy and thieving workers, competition and black market forces all-shababu et oo, and nothing concrete to show off.

KQ isn’t comparable to any other listed firm at the NSE.. It’s a national treasure and GoK has shown its soft spot since 2012 with over 100B in funding and guarantees

Spikes
#13449 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 8:16:59 AM

obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Spikes wrote:
sparkly wrote:
guru267 wrote:

KQ isn’t comparable to any other listed firm at the NSE.. It’s a national treasure and GoK has shown its soft spot since 2012 with over 100B in funding and guarantees

MSC is also national treasure where government has committed colossal resources in tens of billions but the share price keeps falling each season.
Government funding and guarantee is not a business objective...it is a short lived remedy .
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#13450 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 2:09:59 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Spikes wrote:
sparkly wrote:
guru267 wrote:

MSC is also national treasure where government has committed colossal resources in tens of billions but the share price keeps falling each season.
Government funding and guarantee is not a business objective...it is a short lived remedy .

I have stated a figure for KQ being KES 4B treasury facility, KES 24 AfriExim, KES 75B KQLC guarantee.. Give us the MSC “colossal” sums

Ericsson
#13451 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 2:30:38 PM

KQ currently trading at ksh.2.64 per share.
Official price will be from NSE website after market close.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
guru267
#13452 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 3:23:41 PM

obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Spikes wrote:
sparkly wrote:
guru267 wrote:

This type of emotional attachment to an investment is never a good strategy Sad
aShotHuilov
#13453 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 3:59:08 PM

In your dreams. The extremely bold can buy more at current price.. KQ is trading at a false price since November 2017
obiero
#13454 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 4:16:03 PM

guru267 wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Spikes wrote:
sparkly wrote:
guru267 wrote:

This type of emotional attachment to an investment is never a good strategy Sad

I’m soo detached and would sell it tomorrow if the price was right.. At the moment averaging down is my only way out. The current price is simply insane! Kifo ya kujitakia, nisaambiwe pole. I’m kamikaze on this. Watch and learn!

Colisay
#13455 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 4:23:34 PM

KQ closes today at 2.73 per share as per NSE website
HaMaina
#13456 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 4:37:13 PM

Banks That Swapped Kenya Airways Debt
Lose Out

https://www.bloomberg.co...se-out-as-stock-tumbles

“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
obiero
#13457 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 4:51:19 PM

HaMaina wrote:
Banks That Swapped Kenya Airways Debt
Lose Out

https://www.bloomberg.co...se-out-as-stock-tumbles

Very uninformed writing but we understand views count for alot in web traffic

VituVingiSana
#13458 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 7:28:41 PM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Spikes wrote:
sparkly wrote:
guru267 wrote:

I have stated a figure for KQ being KES 4B treasury facility, KES 24 AfriExim, KES 75B KQLC guarantee.. Give us the MSC “colossal” sums

Flushed down the toilet.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#13459 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 7:49:03 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Spikes wrote:
sparkly wrote:
guru267 wrote:

Flushed own the toilet.

Mine is a futuristic placement, knowing that when the dice eventually rolls fair value of KES 12 shall be reclaimed. KQ will be back! Stronger than you know! Sooner than you imagine! Watch and learn https://www.pressreader....20171212/281754154664901

VituVingiSana
#13460 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2019 12:16:49 AM

It is a well-known principle of business that debts must be paid. The challenge lies in examining who should pay them. KQ is a ‘private venture’ in a lay man’s language, both profit and loses are born by the investors. Why should the tax payer bear the burden of a loss when he or she does not take part in the joys of a profit? Government bailouts of a private venture is a sort of contradiction, unless it is done to prevent a domino effect in the country’s economy.
https://www.nation.co.ke...8932-13kovkvz/index.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett