obiero
#13122 Posted : Saturday, July 06, 2019 9:34:55 PM

HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
Tuesday 9th July fate of KQ nationalization will be sealed on the floor.. Sufficient marshaling effected.. Head of State stamp of approval granted to the troops.. KQLC and KLM stake to be converted to GoK bonds.. Minority shareholders to be paid off in cold hard cash

8bob ??

It's Henry's call.. But knowing the cluster of the shareholders involved, it will likely be negotiated and competitive

You realise 8 Bob is equivalent to 2 Bob pre consolidation price. Which I never saw KQ trade at before the consolidation.

Yes it is.. That's why the Open Offer will have to happen. The price is already indicative

Good Luck, I'm watching but from the sidelines.

Thanks.. Let's see how it goes

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Impunity
#13123 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2019 1:08:31 AM

obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
Tuesday 9th July fate of KQ nationalization will be sealed on the floor.. Sufficient marshaling effected.. Head of State stamp of approval granted to the troops.. KQLC and KLM stake to be converted to GoK bonds.. Minority shareholders to be paid off in cold hard cash

8bob ??

It's Henry's call.. But knowing the cluster of the shareholders involved, it will likely be negotiated and competitive

You realise 8 Bob is equivalent to 2 Bob pre consolidation price. Which I never saw KQ trade at before the consolidation.

Yes it is.. That's why the Open Offer will have to happen. The price is already indicative

If someone buys the shares at today's rate (kitu 3.5 shillings) , will he be eligible to be bought at the 8 bob?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

obiero
#13124 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2019 7:12:31 AM

Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:

8bob ??

If someone buys the shares at today's rate (kitu 3.5 shillings) , will he be eligible to be bought at the 8 bob?

Yes.. But that would be unwise considering all uncertainties at this moment.. It's better for other current shareholders who have established risk vs return boundaries

HaMaina
#13125 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2019 9:18:34 AM

obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:

8bob ??

Yes.. But that would be unwise considering all uncertainties at this moment.. It's better for other current shareholders who have established risk vs return boundaries

I don't think anything big like a buyout will happen until Mikotz leaves and a replacement found. Its still too early to take the buyout seriously.

“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
obiero
#13126 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2019 9:31:04 AM

HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:

8bob ??

I don't think anything big like a buyout will happen until Mikotz leaves and a replacement found. Its still too early to take the buyout seriously.

It will happen.. The parliamentary vote that is.. Day after tomorrow. Modalities for the buy out itself will take a minimum of 1-2 years, noting budgetary process for 2019/2020 has been completed and a supplementary cannot be run on a non emergency spend such as the KQ buyout

sparkly
#13127 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2019 10:38:19 AM

obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:

8bob ??

It will happen.. The parliamentary vote that is.. Day after tomorrow. Modalities for the buy out itself will take a minimum of 1-2 years, noting budgetary process for 2019/2020 has been completed and a supplementary cannot be run on a non emergency spend such as the KQ buyout

What is the purpose of the open offer?
Life is short. Live passionately.
sparkly
#13128 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2019 10:40:29 AM

obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:

8bob ??

Open offer = rights issue. Why do a rights issue before buying out the same people?
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#13129 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2019 1:03:53 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:

8bob ??

Open offer = rights issue. Why do a rights issue before buying out the same people?

Because it was passed by a resolution of the company shareholders at the August 2017 EGM and still appears as an action item in the 2018 financials

obiero
#13130 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2019 2:53:38 PM

Let me leave this cartoon here

Impunity
#13131 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2019 7:58:07 PM

obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:

8bob ??

I want to help them eat the risk. I stand to gain alot rather than lose all.
The worst I can get is to be bought at 2 bob.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

obiero
#13132 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2019 8:01:55 PM

Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:

8bob ??

I want to help them eat the risk. I stand to gain alot rather than lose all.
The worst I can get is to be bought at 2 bob.

At your own risk mate.. The RSI is for a strong buy. A rally is already underway, 18.3% up in the last 7days.. 40.33% up since 17th May 2019

FUNKY
#13133 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2019 9:31:02 PM

obiero
#13134 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2019 9:43:30 PM

FUNKY wrote:
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Taxpayers-cannot-pay-KQ-debts-MPs-say/1056-5187008-6qg43mz/index.html

The same parliament voted in the KES 75B GoK guarantee and cannot have their cake and eat it too

VituVingiSana
#13135 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2019 11:35:25 PM

Investors must pay off KQ debts, not taxpayers: MPs
https://www.nation.co.ke...7008-6qg43mz/index.html
Applause Applause Applause
*Of course, GoK should pay off KQLC which was coerced into the Debt:Equity Conversion and making new loans to a moribund KQ.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#13136 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2019 11:50:19 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
*Of course, GoK should pay off KQLC which was coerced into the Debt:Equity Conversion and making new loans to a moribund KQ.

Coerced? Has KQLC said that it wants out? Isn't their portion of converted debt under GoK guarantee? Nationalization isnt a bad option but PIIP would have costed Kenya the state much less

VituVingiSana
#13137 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 12:30:33 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Coerced? Has KQLC said that it wants out? Isn't their portion of converted debt under GoK guarantee? Nationalization isnt a bad option but PIIP would have costed Kenya the state much less

Kenya Airways wins battle with banks on loan restructuring
https://www.standardmedi...s-on-loan-restructuring
Three banks – Equity, Jamii Bora and EcoBank – had opposed the move to convert loans advanced to the airline into equity.
In the case, the banks argued that they would be reduced to just endorsing what will be decided as the Government, which also has the Transport minister and The Treasury on the airline’s board, makes decisions.
The three banks had advanced a combined $60.6 million (Sh6 billion) to KQ, and were opposed to the debt-conversion and the appointments.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#13138 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 12:35:57 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Three banks – Equity, Jamii Bora and EcoBank – had opposed the move to convert loans advanced to the airline into equity.
In the case, the banks argued that they would be reduced to just endorsing what will be decided as the Government, which also has the Transport minister and The Treasury on the airline’s board, makes decisions.
The three banks had advanced a combined $60.6 million (Sh6 billion) to KQ, and were opposed to the debt-conversion and the appointments.

3 out of 11.. Doesn't seem like coercion to me

VituVingiSana
#13139 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 12:48:54 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

3 out of 11.. Doesn't seem like coercion to me
3 of 11 men who plead not guilty but are unjustly denied their freedom does not make them guilty. The judges were either corrupt or idiots. Possibly both.

And as we have seen, the 3 banks were correct in their assessment of KQ.

May KQ RIP.
maka
#13140 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 9:39:33 AM

I am sorry to say but this company is dead(er)... If there is such a word... Wanton stealing esp from engineering has been reported... The lady in charge of Supply Chain had her car tires slashed...
possunt quia posse videntur