wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<643644645646647>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#12881 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 8:25:35 AM

sparkly wrote:
[quote=obiero]There's no demand, he said.. It's a white elephant, he said.. https://www.businessdail...3426-15jp6wz/index.html[/quote]

Good development. Excellent for the country but there is nothing in it for minority shareholders. Developing new routes takes money.

Takes money and brings in revenue.. It’s the principle of business. On the back of oil hedges, I know for a fact that the KQ rebound will be unprecedented

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
maka
#12882 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:21:15 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
[quote=obiero]There's no demand, he said.. It's a white elephant, he said.. https://www.businessdail...3426-15jp6wz/index.html[/quote]

Good development. Excellent for the country but there is nothing in it for minority shareholders. Developing new routes takes money.

Takes money and brings in revenue.. It’s the principle of business. On the back of oil hedges, I know for a fact that the KQ rebound will be unprecedented

No it won't....
possunt quia posse videntur
the deal
#12883 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 10:42:53 AM

NATIONALISATION!
Spikes
#12884 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 10:46:51 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

When will you unlearn old tricks of trading seeing you register loss after loss?
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
maka
#12885 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 11:06:39 AM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

When will you unlearn old tricks of trading seeing you register loss after loss?

I have felt this one... Ouch.
obiero
#12886 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 1:50:30 PM

maka wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
There's no demand, he said.. It's a white elephant, he said.. https://www.businessdail...3426-15jp6wz/index.html

Hahaha.. Wacha ujinga bro. Unacheka joke ya mwendawazimu?

cyruskulei
#12887 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:07:32 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
There's no demand, he said.. It's a white elephant, he said.. https://www.businessdail...3426-15jp6wz/index.html

@Obiero, recently you had 90000 KQ shares and i can see now you are heading 300k. Keep it up. I thing an association of minority shareholders is needed in this stock

Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

obiero
#12888 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:50:38 PM

cyruskulei wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

@Obiero, recently you had 90000 KQ shares and i can see now you are heading 300k. Keep it up. I thing an association of minority shareholders is needed in this stock

Asante. In stocks everything is centered about the management and its vision carrying ability. I believe totally in current KQ board and management. On the back of the new routes, revenue will likely cross KES 120B per annum by FY 2019. With revamped hedging, the fuel costs are covered.. KQ ESOP and the cancellation of contract based work, appears to have lifted union spirits apart from @maka's.. Continued turnaround is evident. I am not blind to the continued losses, but this is a turnaround purchase in my portfolio, filled with high risk speculation. However, I confirm that I have since closed off any further purchases. Current ABP KES 12.48

littledove
#12889 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:07:57 PM

https://www.the-star.co.ke/amp/news/2019-06-13-kenya-airways-eyes-chinese-market-in-route-expansion/
Kenya Airways is optimistic it will be allocated slots in Beijing Daxing International Airport, which is in the final stages of construction.

KQ chief executive Sebastian Mikosz said this is in line with the airline which has prioritised penetrating the China market after launching the Geneva and Rome routes.
Parliamentary Transport committee chairman David Pkosing said KQ needs to change its model of operation to make it profitable.
He said carriers including Emirates and Ethiopian Airlines are profitable, not only because they are subsidised by their governments, but because their airports have many products and services on offer.
The MP said his committee will next Tuesday present its report on KQ with suggestions on how to make the tickets cheaper
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
obiero
#12890 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:19:34 PM

littledove wrote:
https://www.the-star.co.ke/amp/news/2019-06-13-kenya-airways-eyes-chinese-market-in-route-expansion/
Kenya Airways is optimistic it will be allocated slots in Beijing Daxing International Airport, which is in the final stages of construction.

KQ chief executive Sebastian Mikosz said this is in line with the airline which has prioritised penetrating the China market after launching the Geneva and Rome routes.
Parliamentary Transport committee chairman David Pkosing said KQ needs to change its model of operation to make it profitable.
He said carriers including Emirates and Ethiopian Airlines are profitable, not only because they are subsidised by their governments, but because their airports have many products and services on offer.
The MP said his committee will next Tuesday present its report on KQ with suggestions on how to make the tickets cheaper

USA NYC JFK gaining traction.. Daily flights to resume into the summer season

Ericsson
#12891 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 8:59:26 PM

Michael Joseph is steering kq in the right direction.He needs support from the major stakeholders
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Spikes
#12892 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:02:04 PM

obiero wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

Asante. In stocks everything is centered about the management and its vision carrying ability. I believe totally in current KQ board and management. On the back of the new routes, revenue will likely cross KES 120B per annum by FY 2019. With revamped hedging, the fuel costs are covered.. KQ ESOP and the cancellation of contract based work, appears to have lifted union spirits apart from @maka's.. Continued turnaround is evident. I am not blind to the continued losses, but this is a turnaround purchase in my portfolio, filled with high risk speculation. However, I confirm that I have since closed off any further purchases. Current ABP KES 12.48

@obiero my average buy price is 3.00 KES...I am waiting the price to drop further and lower my ABP to 2.00-2.50..
A critical entry price. At 12.48 KES I will be smiling all the way to bank after at least quadrupling my capital.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#12893 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:05:29 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

@obiero my average buy price is 3.00 KES...I am waiting the price to drop further and lower my ABP to 2.00-2.50..
A critical entry price. At 12.48 KES I will be smiling all the way to bank after quadrupling my capital.

All the best with your plans

VituVingiSana
#12894 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 11:21:16 PM

Let me leave this here
https://www.nation.co.ke...5662-q0e1tvz/index.html Nakuru lawyer sues KQ over detention at Tanzania airport
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#12895 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 11:59:22 PM

Let me leave this here too.
Ethiopian Airlines launches three weekly JFK flights https://www.businessdail...53426-15jp6wz/index.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#12896 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 5:18:48 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Let me leave this here
https://www.nation.co.ke...5662-q0e1tvz/index.html Nakuru lawyer sues KQ over detention at Tanzania airport

Common in aviation

maka
#12897 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 10:31:49 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Michael Joseph is steering kq in the right direction.He needs support from the major stakeholders

Let the airline get a proper CEO and it will survive...
ArrestedDev
#12898 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 12:01:29 PM

maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Exactly, just a competent and visionary CEO and that is it.

@maka, Rome and Geneva, 4X weekly, how did Commercial arrive at this frequency?
Ericsson
#12899 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 12:45:04 PM

maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Like Alan Joyce of Qantas
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#12900 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 1:00:13 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Exactly, just a competent and visionary CEO and that is it.

@maka, Rome and Geneva, 4X weekly, how did Commercial arrive at this frequency?
Rome was a route that was cancelled years ago by Naikuni. We get lots of Italian tourists. And Geneva hosts some UN offices. I hope this works out for KQ. Perhaps that requires more frequencies esp during the week for the UN folks?