nairobby
#12761 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2019 11:30:31 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
nairobby wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/turning-around-KQ-tough-task-Mikosz/539546-5141550-13u11tz/index.html

“The Dreamliner aircraft that KQ bought are not fully utilised except on New York route. It does not make sense to have such huge equipment and have them only ply connecting hubs like Amsterdam or Heathrow then come back to Nairobi,” says an expert who sought anonymity because he is consulting for the airline.

Surely this statement isn't true. Who are these experts BD keeps calling for a comment? AMS & LHR are KQ's best performing 787 routes and isn't JFK loss making at the moment?

Asshole experts with zero knowledge of what they are talking about.
Nincompoops.

That's why they go unnamed...

Hehe. Hio nayo ni ukweli. Like AMS & LHR are a short distance? Even a Beijing frequency coming up with the returned Oman Air 787! Remember your promise for 10th bro. I owe you an aged one.. 12 years minimum

I thought the last to be returned from Oman Air this month will head to Rome & Geneva?

I believe the person being quoted by the BD reporter meant the utilization rate. It is low for KQ due to lack of cockpit crew and long haul routes.

Hope the new CEO will continue the network expansion.
A well-run airline should have its (as full as possible) planes in the air as much as possible.
How long are the planes that fly NBO-LHR/AMS/CDG in the air over a 24-hour period?
How long does a KQ plane remain on the ground at LHR and AMS and CDG before it is on its way back to NBO?

How long does a KQ plane remain on the ground in NBO before it is on its way back to LHR/AMS/CDG?

About 2 Hrs in LHR/AMS/CDG. KQ generally utilizes their aircraft pretty well, quick turn around times. In NBO it depends because they have about 5 dreamliners landing each morning from BKK, LHR, AMS, DXB & JFK. These will then be used for the outbound to JHB, LHR, AMS, Mumbai sometimes and the afternoon flight to JHB & DXB. Max turnaround time is maybe 4 hours from my estimation.
VituVingiSana
#12762 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2019 5:43:42 PM

nairobby wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
nairobby wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/turning-around-KQ-tough-task-Mikosz/539546-5141550-13u11tz/index.html

“The Dreamliner aircraft that KQ bought are not fully utilised except on New York route. It does not make sense to have such huge equipment and have them only ply connecting hubs like Amsterdam or Heathrow then come back to Nairobi,” says an expert who sought anonymity because he is consulting for the airline.

Surely this statement isn't true. Who are these experts BD keeps calling for a comment? AMS & LHR are KQ's best performing 787 routes and isn't JFK loss making at the moment?

Nincompoops.

Hehe. Hio nayo ni ukweli. Like AMS & LHR are a short distance? Even a Beijing frequency coming up with the returned Oman Air 787! Remember your promise for 10th bro. I owe you an aged one.. 12 years minimum

I thought the last to be returned from Oman Air this month will head to Rome & Geneva?

I believe the person being quoted by the BD reporter meant the utilization rate. It is low for KQ due to lack of cockpit crew and long haul routes.

A well-run airline should have its (as full as possible) planes in the air as much as possible.
How long are the planes that fly NBO-LHR/AMS/CDG in the air over a 24-hour period?
How long does a KQ plane remain on the ground at LHR and AMS and CDG before it is on its way back to NBO?

How long does a KQ plane remain on the ground in NBO before it is on its way back to LHR/AMS/CDG?

About 2 Hrs in LHR/AMS/CDG. KQ generally utilizes their aircraft pretty well, quick turn around times. In NBO it depends because they have about 5 dreamliners landing each morning from BKK, LHR, AMS, DXB & JFK. These will then be used for the outbound to JHB, LHR, AMS, Mumbai sometimes and the afternoon flight to JHB & DXB. Max turnaround time is maybe 4 hours from my estimation.
Applause Applause Applause Did this happen under Ngunze or Mikosz?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
maka
#12763 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2019 6:14:17 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Zichi wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
nairobby wrote:

Nincompoops.

Average is almost 4hrs on ground in Nairobi and almost 3 hrs in Europe-and this is from actual landing and actual takeoff times. If you subtract taxi times it would be less. Average daily utilization rate on good months is around 15hrs
(Disclaimer: This is from an analysis of publicly available data-not internal sources)
That's good given it's about 7-8 hours each away so the plane is used 24/7 (/embarking/disembarking/loading/unloading/cleaning during the breaks on the ground)

With the Bombardier being used regionally, I have witnessed a turnaround on ground time of about 1hour only

Its actually 50 mins and that's standard for such routes... Ulizanga vitu zingine....
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#12764 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2019 7:37:02 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Zichi wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
nairobby wrote:

Nincompoops.

Average is almost 4hrs on ground in Nairobi and almost 3 hrs in Europe-and this is from actual landing and actual takeoff times. If you subtract taxi times it would be less. Average daily utilization rate on good months is around 15hrs
(Disclaimer: This is from an analysis of publicly available data-not internal sources)
That's good given it's about 7-8 hours each away so the plane is used 24/7 (/embarking/disembarking/loading/unloading/cleaning during the breaks on the ground)

With the Bombardier being used regionally, I have witnessed a turnaround on ground time of about 1hour only

Its actually 50 mins and that's standard for such routes... Ulizanga vitu zingine....

Kuwa mpole uone noti mpya za Kenya

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#12765 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 6:47:46 AM

https://www.youtube.com/...y67TFM&feature=share

VituVingiSana
#12766 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 8:19:04 AM

obiero wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlM0fy67TFM&feature=share

I support the buyout of shares held by KQLC at the price they were forced to pay + a premium to cover opportunity costs.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#12767 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 8:22:22 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

I support the buyout of shares held by KQLC at the price they were forced to pay + a premium to cover opportunity costs.

But very bad faith by GoK to force KQLC into shareholding not even two years ago, then buy them out.. Why wouldn't they have bought out the debts prior to restructuring.. NSE investment is becoming increasingly perilous

Monk
#12768 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 8:36:28 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

But very bad faith by GoK to force KQLC into shareholding not even two years ago, then buy them out.. Why wouldn't they have bought out the debts prior to restructuring.. NSE investment is becoming increasingly perilous

@Obiero Not just NSE investing; KE investing in general. The regulatory risk is too high. Woven bags manufacturers were barely in business for 2 years after the plastic bags ban, before NEMA hit them with a ban. How are investors expected to recover their CAPEX in 2 years?
VituVingiSana
#12769 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 8:37:32 AM

Tuesday, August 01, 2017
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
[quote=obiero] Look at the kind of business I&M was doing with the Pride of Africa http://www.businessdaily...39986-ibk77b/index.html[/quote]
Very disappointing move by I&M.
Why lend to a useless firm run by incompetent crooks, charlatans and incompetents in the first place?
And then charge below-market rates? [I hope they fired the idiots who made this loan]
The only saving grace is the amount lent i.e. 824mn is small change for I&M i.e. they can NPL/provide the entire amount in one quarter.

Not with the recent purchase of Giro.. Hawa watu hawana pesa na pia akili ni nadra

I&M will be fine coz 824mn is small change. The loan to KQ ($ loan?) is already a dud and if not taken as a NPL, has to be taken by 4Q 2017 whether it is converted into shares or not.

I&M did overpay for Giro considering the diminution in value (of banks) after the interest capping but the deal was signed 2 years ago.

As for KQ, the banks may be forced, by GoK, to convert the loans into shares. I wonder what CBK will do as far as the NPLs are concerned.

Anyway, if I had to choose between I&M and KQ at today's prices and knowing what we do... I will pick I&M coz there's more certainty about profitability and value.

The smartest guys in the room were Jamii Bora who sold their non-performing KQ loan to NIC https://www.businessdail...1838-k5ufoaz/index.html

Also interesting that after all the ups and downs, I&M has returned a net return (based on market value and dividends) of slightly above 0% in 22 months since 1st Aug 2017! The bear market has been brutal.
VituVingiSana
#12770 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 8:45:46 AM

Ericsson wrote:
List of Lenders and the amounts owed by KQ
Equity Bank sh.5.15bn Maturing 26 Oct 2016
National Bank sh.3.502bn Maturing 29 Jan 2023
Co-op Bank sh.3.296bn Maturing 4 Oct 2022
CBA sh.3.09bn Maturing 26 Feb 2017
NIC Bank sh.2.06bn Maturing 31 Dec 2022
KCB sh.2.06bn Maturing 31 May 2016
DTB sh.2.06bn Maturing 31 Jan 2023
I&M Bank sh.824mn Maturing 31 Dec 2022
Ecobank sh.824mn Maturing 31 Dec 2022
Chase Bank sh.721mn Maturing 21 Jan 2021
Jamii Bora sh.412mn Maturing 30 Mar 2020
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly There is no honor among thieves!

CBA sh.3.09bn Maturing 26 Feb 2017 + NIC Bank sh.2.06bn Maturing 31 Dec 2022 + Jamii Bora sh.412mn Maturing 30 Mar 2020 = Equity Bank sh.5.15bn Maturing 26 Oct 2016

The subsidiaries of the big "international banks" are missing e.g. BBK, SCBK, Stanbic and Citi. Smart or lucky?
obiero
#12771 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 8:47:10 AM

Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

@Obiero Not just NSE investing; KE investing in general. The regulatory risk is too high. Woven bags manufacturers were barely in business for 2 years after the plastic bags ban, before NEMA hit them with a ban. How are investors expected to recover their CAPEX in 2 years?

Real estate is also under attack.. Some clowns are laughing at others here in wazua but in reality, few people are obtaining returns https://www.businessdail...020694-5makev/index.html

VituVingiSana
#12772 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 8:49:09 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Given that GoK forced them to "invest" in KQ (compared to those who did so willingly) it is only fair that GoK buys them out at the conversion price + interest at T-Bill rates for the intervening period.
Ericsson
#12773 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 8:53:01 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Tuesday, August 01, 2017
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
[quote=obiero] Look at the kind of business I&M was doing with the Pride of Africa http://www.businessdaily...39986-ibk77b/index.html[/quote]
Very disappointing move by I&M.
Why lend to a useless firm run by incompetent crooks, charlatans and incompetents in the first place?
And then charge below-market rates? [I hope they fired the idiots who made this loan]
The only saving grace is the amount lent i.e. 824mn is small change for I&M i.e. they can NPL/provide the entire amount in one quarter.

Not with the recent purchase of Giro.. Hawa watu hawana pesa na pia akili ni nadra

I&M will be fine coz 824mn is small change. The loan to KQ ($ loan?) is already a dud and if not taken as a NPL, has to be taken by 4Q 2017 whether it is converted into shares or not.

I&M did overpay for Giro considering the diminution in value (of banks) after the interest capping but the deal was signed 2 years ago.

As for KQ, the banks may be forced, by GoK, to convert the loans into shares. I wonder what CBK will do as far as the NPLs are concerned.

Anyway, if I had to choose between I&M and KQ at today's prices and knowing what we do... I will pick I&M coz there's more certainty about profitability and value.

The smartest guys in the room were Jamii Bora who sold their non-performing KQ loan to NIC https://www.businessdail...1838-k5ufoaz/index.html

Also interesting that after all the ups and downs, I&M has returned a net return (based on market value and dividends) of slightly above 0% in 22 months since 1st Aug 2017! The bear market has been brutal.

Jamii bora is being acquired by CBA
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#12774 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 8:53:10 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Given that GoK forced them to "invest" in KQ (compared to those who did so willingly) it is only fair that GoK buys them out at the conversion price + interest at T-Bill rates for the intervening period.

Real estate also under attack.. Some clowns are laughing at others here in wazua but in reality, few people are obtaining returns
https://www.businessdail...20694-5makev/index.html

I pray that you don't land into a sinkhole, no one is immune https://www.standardmedi...s-over-heads-of-the-rich

VituVingiSana
#12775 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 8:53:55 AM

27. BORROWINGS – GROUP AND COMPANY (Continued)
(b) Analysis of interest bearing loans and borrowings: (Continued)
The local bank facilities, amounting to USD 100 million were obtained from the consortium of Kenyan banks after the restructuring in November 2017. They were drawn from Equity Bank Limited, KCB Bank Kenya Limited, Commercial Bank of Africa Limited, I&M Bank Limited, National Bank of Kenya Limited, Cooperative Bank of Kenya, Diamond Trust Bank (Kenya) Limited, NIC Bank Limited and Ecobank Limited for financing of working capital requirements. As at 31 December 2018, the Group and Company had only utilized facilities amounting to USD 42 million (2017: USD 42 million).

Jamii Bora Bank Limited opted to retain their outstanding loan to Kenya Airways Plc after the restructuring in 2017. This loan was acquired by NIC Bank Limited in January 2018. The loan repayment term is a tenure of five years.
Ericsson
#12776 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 10:53:18 AM

Kq wins Africa's leading airline - Economy class at World Travel awards held in Mauritius
obiero
#12777 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 11:08:34 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Kq wins Africa's leading airline - Economy class at World Travel awards held in Mauritius

This is a constant award for The Pride of Africa. What shocked me was that KQ is most admired airline in Africa, ahead of ET et al

obiero
#12778 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 11:10:21 AM

Ericsson wrote:

This is a constant award for The Pride of Africa. What shocked me was that KQ is most admired airline in Africa, ahead of ET et al

Ericsson
#12779 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 11:16:56 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Dedication of employees
obiero
#12780 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 11:18:12 AM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Dedication of employees

Management inclusive