wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<629630631632633>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
maka
#12601 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 3:34:43 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Kenya Airways Chief Executive Sebastian Mikosz was paid a total of Sh62.89 million last year, indicating average earnings of Sh5.2 million per month for the boss of the loss-making national carrier.

Mr Mikosz’s executive pay comprised a salary of Sh42 million, allowances worth Sh16.4 million and non-cash benefits amounting to Sh4.44 million.

The Polish citizen was hired in June 2017 to turn around the struggling airline that last year reported an after-tax loss of Sh7.5 billion, compared with Sh6.4 billion suffered in the previous year.

Listed companies are by law required to reveal the pay of their senior executives as well as directors.

The CEO’s pay stood at Sh46.69 million in 2017 during which he worked for seven months, translating into an average monthly pay of Sh6.67 million.

Somebody questioned me about this.. Well the truth is here... Its actually more btw... Ati 2.4m per month....lol

Fair pay for a demanding role.. This is not a window cleaner bwana. He is the CEO of Africa's third largest airline

Sawa kabisa....
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#12602 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 7:06:42 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
the deal wrote:
End game here is GoK making an offer and then delist...

A tiered offer.. One for the minority shareholders incorporating the Open Offer and the other for the benenefiacries to the restructuring.. Anything else will leave the NSE hurtling towards sub 1,000.. Especially since KQ has been officially added to the 20 share index this week.. 80,000 minority shareholders in KQ isn't a small number of retail investors in relation to total CDS account count

When you find yourself in a deep hole, you stop digging.

If you are not bold, but incase its an oil drilling or gold mining mission, you go deeper and deeper with full knowledge that you may end up striking meaningless dust or pure gems.. KES 12 remains fair value. The traders who have been purchasing significant volumes in the past 4 trading sessions shall be the luckiest of all.. Tomorrow I close up my final averaging down purchase and then await June 3rd.. Kamikaze!

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#12603 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 8:55:53 PM

Early drafts.. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst

the deal
#12604 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:32:17 PM

obiero wrote:

Is it regarding open offer? Us new buyers are not interested in open offer...plus it's not possible at current price ...let the share price recover please...
obiero
#12605 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:53:09 PM

@the deal I envy you.. I wish I had sold out when the bloody thing hit KES 18.5 during relisting in 2017, then waited for it down here at current price

obiero
#12606 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:54:49 PM

@the deal I envy you.. I wish I had sold out when the bloody thing hit KES 18.5 during relisting in 2017, then waited for it down here at current price

obiero
#12607 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 11:07:51 PM

Patience pays.. https://www.businessdail...27480-2rkhqfz/index.html

muandiwambeu
#12608 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 11:44:28 PM

[quote=obiero]Patience pays.. https://www.businessdail...7480-2rkhqfz/index.html[/quote]
Patience will only get you hurt @ obiero.
Restructuring with the redemption clause will burn you to recognition broda. I regret loss of a good script for you to ponder over. This is a straight corn-in-a-manship at it's best. By June sub tbili will be knocking hard on the door. Kqlcltd is not your village sheep. Watch and learn and as always, it's not easy being Green in these matters. Google up that joke btn Edison and Tesla on $50k and probably you will understand our Americans 😊 jokes better
Am ready to place a bet on this 💪. Let me get invitations.
J.K.I.A is just the icing on the cake. Tulia urandwe.Pray
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
obiero
#12609 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 11:48:37 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
[quote=obiero]Patience pays.. https://www.businessdail...7480-2rkhqfz/index.html[/quote]
Restructuring with the redemption clause will burn you to recognition broda. I regret loss of a good script for you to ponder over. This is a straight corn-in-a-manship at it's best. By June sub tbili will be knocking hard on the door. Kqlcltd is not your village sheep. Watch and learn and as always, it's not easy being Green in these matters. Google up that joke btn Edison and Tesla on $50k and probably you will understand our Americans 😊 jokes better

Well we will tell by June 3rd. Total volume traded this week is greater than total traded volume over last 6 months. Utajua hujui

muandiwambeu
#12610 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 11:58:08 PM

obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:

Well we will tell by June 3rd. Total volume traded this week is greater than total traded volume over last 6 months. Utajua hujui

What do u think gonna change sir. ppp will sail through¿? And for the purposes of getting things right, it's u and who will be telling right then. Don't rope me into it. my stand is simple, that hullabaloo won't last long. Golden window to land otherwise, peace. Massaging (******) egos has never been better.
muandiwambeu
#12611 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 12:12:13 AM

obiero wrote:

Seasons, but there are signs.
And this is not a bad one too. Only if u know your stand
muandiwambeu
#12612 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 12:30:45 AM

nairobby wrote:
Until operational costs are addressed there is no progress being made.

MJ mentioned they started hedging, this was for up to which period? If they started in Q4 2018 then that was a wise move. They spent 10b more on fuel in 2018 yikes.

The finance costs are much lower than I expected. Their long term borrowings have an effective interest rate of 4.26%.

They spent 14b on Aircraft landing, handling & navigation? Is that the norm? Seems so high to me. Almost double what they spend on maintenance.

I am hoping Mikosz's strategies will pay off. I support the network expansion to increase revenues but I still wouldn't buy KQ shares. It's best if they delist it and let the turnaround continue outside the market.

I will be stuck on u.,,,,, Ooh not u
obiero
#12613 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 4:59:09 AM

muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:

What do u think gonna change sir. ppp will sail through¿? And for the purposes of getting things right, it's u and who will be telling right then. Don't rope me into it. my stand is simple, that hullabaloo won't last long. Golden window to land otherwise, peace. Massaging (******) egos has never been better.

In as long as the Open Offer will be at a lower price to the current market price.. I am personally back in the money. The gamble of a lifetime is about to pay off

obiero
#12614 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 5:02:21 AM

muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:

In as long as the Open Offer will be at a lower price to the current market price.. I am personally back in the money. The gamble of a lifetime is about to pay off, especially coupled with KAHL proposals slated for disclosure early next month.. The exchange bar projects issuance in 4:1 ratio at KES 2.4 per Open Offer share

sparkly
#12615 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:43:56 AM

obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:

In as long as the Open Offer will be at a lower price to the current market price.. I am personally back in the money. The gamble of a lifetime is about to pay off

1. Sunk cost fallacy
2. Fallen angels eventually go back up fallacy
3. Averaging down converts a loss into a profit position fallacy
4. Throwing good money at bad money

I may be wrong, only time will tell but so far time has proven me right.
Life is short. Live passionately.
xxxxx
#12616 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 7:03:53 AM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:

1. Sunk cost fallacy

Opportunity to load up on KQ.. https://www.businessdail...7480-2rkhqfz/index.html

If only @obiero could buy all these shares.
obiero
#12617 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 7:51:14 AM

xxxxx wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:

1. Sunk cost fallacy

Opportunity to load up on KQ.. https://www.businessdail...com/corporate/companies ies/KQ-revives-Sh1-5bn-rights-issue-plan/4003102-5127480-2rkhqfz/index.html

There's no straight path to heaven.. And no journey to success follows one road.. To each his/her own

sparkly
#12618 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 8:20:05 AM

xxxxx wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:

1. Sunk cost fallacy

Opportunity to load up on KQ.. https://www.businessdail...7480-2rkhqfz/index.html

KQ is gobbling shareholders equity at a rate of 8 B per year. @Obiero's !.5 B will be gobbled up in 2 months.
Life is short. Live passionately.
the deal
#12619 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 8:52:38 AM

Share price could start falling because of this open offer thing...how do you do an open offer at 3.70? But the good news is KQ management is atleat considerate towards minority shareholders who got diluted during the debt restructuring ....
nairobby
#12620 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 8:53:22 AM

maka wrote:
Kenya Airways Chief Executive Sebastian Mikosz was paid a total of Sh62.89 million last year, indicating average earnings of Sh5.2 million per month for the boss of the loss-making national carrier.

Mr Mikosz’s executive pay comprised a salary of Sh42 million, allowances worth Sh16.4 million and non-cash benefits amounting to Sh4.44 million.

The Polish citizen was hired in June 2017 to turn around the struggling airline that last year reported an after-tax loss of Sh7.5 billion, compared with Sh6.4 billion suffered in the previous year.

Listed companies are by law required to reveal the pay of their senior executives as well as directors.

The CEO’s pay stood at Sh46.69 million in 2017 during which he worked for seven months, translating into an average monthly pay of Sh6.67 million.

Somebody questioned me about this.. Well the truth is here... Its actually more btw... Ati 2.4m per month....lol

2.4? It clearly says 5.2m unless I'm seeing my own things. The pay is fair, it is not a small role