wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<622623624625626>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
maka
#12461 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 11:05:21 AM

[quote=obiero]Bujumbura locked.. @maka suspended https://www.aviationnews...s-flights-to-bujumbura/[/quote]

SMH....
possunt quia posse videntur
Spikes
#12462 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 11:19:00 AM

I am loading this stock heavily next week. When the bulls return I dump to @Obiero and run!
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#12463 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 1:49:10 PM

Spikes wrote:
I am loading this stock heavily next week. When the bulls return I dump to @Obiero and run!

Only the strong willed should be in KQ at the moment, a suspension will be announced.. It's imminent

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#12464 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 3:43:39 PM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Only the foolishshould be in KQ at the moment, a suspension will be announced.. It's imminent

Correction made Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#12465 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 4:20:23 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Only the foolishshould be in KQ at the moment, a suspension will be announced.. It's imminent

Hehe

snifadog
#12466 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 4:24:50 PM

Spikes wrote:

don't enter into this stock with hopium.. the only way is down and down. You will be the one who gets dumped on inadvertently?
HaMaina
#12467 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 4:26:45 PM

All I heard was that a recovery plan has been made, and in 2 weeks it shall be presented in the hopes of being accepted and later applied. I think I'll wait.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
obiero
#12468 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 4:53:39 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Hehe. It's wise to make the best out of a bad situation. In so long as one doesn't need funds for the short or medium term, it's in order to commit more capital in averaging down

Monk
#12469 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 8:33:32 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Hehe. It's wise to make the best out of a bad situation. In so long as one doesn't need funds for the short or medium term, it's in order to commit more capital in averaging down

Averaging down only makes sense on solid counters. You are more likely to recover your losses on KQ from KCB, if current upside projections come to pass. Even if they don't, KCB has a better return through dividends, than the capital gains you hope to make from KQ... these are just my thoughts.
obiero
#12470 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 2:19:07 PM

Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Averaging down only makes sense on solid counters. You are more likely to recover your losses on KQ from KCB, if current upside projections come to pass. Even if they don't, KCB has a better return through dividends, than the capital gains you hope to make from KQ... these are just my thoughts.

In my view KQ is on the mend and it's only a matter of time before it turns to black.. But you raise valid points

obiero
#12471 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 6:38:08 PM

When the clouds turned grey :( KQ is currently trading below its restructuring price! Makes absolutely no sense..

rwitre
#12472 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 7:28:08 PM

obiero wrote:
When the clouds turned grey :( KQ is currently trading below its restructuring price! Makes absolutely no sense..

Markets are inherently irrational. Besides, if KQ trades at its true value (based on the books, not hopes and desires), you'll be pushed deeper into the red.
rwitre
#12473 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 7:30:53 PM

rwitre wrote:
Let's see how wrong "experienced NSE investors" can be. I'll use bitcoin, which an elder has called takataka some time back, while strongly vouching for KQ.

As of 16th March 2019,
KQ price per share: Sh. 5.56
BTC price: $3984

Will compare percentage increase/decrease after a year.

My opinion for the minority shareholders trapped in KQ: You can sell, take the loss, and plough all that cash into some BTC. It will recoup your costs, and earn you a tidy profit.

Plus let's face it-at this point KQ is just frustrating y'all (yes, even more than those in BTC with its wild price swings). So many blindspots, hidden players calling the shots, still in loss territory, and minority shareholders not knowing who is looking out for their interests.

But am not a prophet, so let's check back in a year.

Ni hayo tu kwa sasa.

By the way this is still a valid escape for those looking to recoup from their KQ losses. smile
obiero
#12474 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 7:33:44 PM

rwitre wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Let's see how wrong "experienced NSE investors" can be. I'll use bitcoin, which an elder has called takataka some time back, while strongly vouching for KQ.

As of 16th March 2019,

My opinion for the minority shareholders trapped in KQ: You can sell, take the loss, and plough all that cash into some BTC. It will recoup your costs, and earn you a tidy profit.

Plus let's face it-at this point KQ is just frustrating y'all (yes, even more than those in BTC with its wild price swings). So many blindspots, hidden players calling the shots, still in loss territory, and minority shareholders not knowing who is looking out for their interests.

Ni hayo tu kwa sasa.

By the way this is still a valid escape for those looking to recoup from their KQ losses. smile

Heri nikunywe maji ya sewage Kibera kuliko kugusa Bitcoin.. It's just not my cup of tea

rwitre
#12475 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 7:54:47 PM

obiero wrote:
rwitre wrote:
rwitre wrote:

As of 16th March 2019,

Ni hayo tu kwa sasa.

Heri nikunywe maji ya sewage Kibera kuliko kugusa Bitcoin.. It's just not my cup of tea

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Haya....msiseme hamkuambiwa
obiero
#12476 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 7:58:23 PM

rwitre wrote:
obiero wrote:
rwitre wrote:
rwitre wrote:

As of 16th March 2019,

Ni hayo tu kwa sasa.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Haya....msiseme hamkuambiwa

Remember me 😁

Ebenyo
#12477 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 6:46:21 PM

obiero wrote:
rwitre wrote:
rwitre wrote:

As of 16th March 2019,

Ni hayo tu kwa sasa.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Bitcoin ni hewa ndio inauzwa.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
rwitre
#12478 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 10:13:27 PM

Local banks take Sh8 billion hit in KQ shares

Quote:

KQ, as the national carrier is known by its international code, in 2017 issued the lenders with 2.2 billion shares to settle their loans amounting to Sh17 billion.

The shares were acquired at a price of Sh7.78 each but the airline’s stock price has since dropped 51.7 percent to close at Sh3.75 on Friday, resulting in the lenders’ paper loss of Sh8.6 billion.

This means that banks will find it difficult to sell their holdings at a profit, with KQ’s continued losses and wipeout of shareholder funds making a recovery less likely in the medium term.

The share price drop also hurts the lenders’ plans to sell an additional 663.5 million shares through the NSE over the next nine years. KQ is to issue the second batch of shares at a similar price of Sh7.78 each upon request and the lenders are to sell them immediately in the open market.

Guarantees

Losses on the second group of shares are, however, expected to be partly mitigated by government guarantees.

KQ reported a net loss of Sh7.5 billion in the year ended December when its costs surpassed its revenue significantly.

The new loss sent the airline back to a negative equity of Sh2.4 billion, meaning that the recent capital restructuring moves are inadequate and the company urgently needs more funds to stay aloft.

Individual investors in the national carrier have fared even worse since most of them will only break even when the stock trades at Sh21.2. This means that they are sitting on a paper loss of 82 per cent.

Yaani even when price recovers there will be an avalanche of supply waiting Pray
sparkly
#12479 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 11:29:37 PM

rwitre wrote:
Local banks take Sh8 billion hit in KQ shares

Quote:

KQ, as the national carrier is known by its international code, in 2017 issued the lenders with 2.2 billion shares to settle their loans amounting to Sh17 billion.

The shares were acquired at a price of Sh7.78 each but the airline’s stock price has since dropped 51.7 percent to close at Sh3.75 on Friday, resulting in the lenders’ paper loss of Sh8.6 billion.

This means that banks will find it difficult to sell their holdings at a profit, with KQ’s continued losses and wipeout of shareholder funds making a recovery less likely in the medium term.

The share price drop also hurts the lenders’ plans to sell an additional 663.5 million shares through the NSE over the next nine years. KQ is to issue the second batch of shares at a similar price of Sh7.78 each upon request and the lenders are to sell them immediately in the open market.

Guarantees

Losses on the second group of shares are, however, expected to be partly mitigated by government guarantees.

KQ reported a net loss of Sh7.5 billion in the year ended December when its costs surpassed its revenue significantly.

The new loss sent the airline back to a negative equity of Sh2.4 billion, meaning that the recent capital restructuring moves are inadequate and the company urgently needs more funds to stay aloft.

Individual investors in the national carrier have fared even worse since most of them will only break even when the stock trades at Sh21.2. This means that they are sitting on a paper loss of 82 per cent.

Yaani even when price recovers there will be an avalanche of supply waiting Pray

The lenders were scammed into converting debt to equity. The wise ones should had sold immediately they broke even (if at all)
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#12480 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 3:05:52 AM

I have been saying for ages that the members/shareholders of KQLC should fully impair their holdings in KQ/KQLC. https://www.businessdail...11630-8npk19z/index.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett