wazua Sun, May 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<619620621622623>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
sparkly
#12401 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 10:19:16 AM

obiero wrote:
News just in from the Exchange Bar, KQ to be exempt from payment of corporate tax

You take exchange bar rumours too seriously d'oh! Sad d'oh!

Businesses in losses don't pay corporate tax. They carry forward losses to offset against future profits.

In my estimation, KQ hasn't paid corporate tax since 2010.
Life is short. Live passionately.
xxxxx
#12402 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 10:25:29 AM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
News just in from the Exchange Bar, KQ to be exempt from payment of corporate tax

Businesses in losses don't pay corporate tax. They carry forward losses to offset against future profits.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly sounds like financial accounting 101 lessonsLaughing out loudly
KaunganaDoDo
#12403 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 10:38:47 AM

obiero wrote:

I doubt. No entity, whether corporate or human being can be exempted from tax obligations under our current constitution. Any Exemption can be general but not this specific, Tax exemptions will have to be given to other competitors. even 100% government owned enterprises like GDC pay corporate tax. Even KDF canteens nowadays pay VAT
sparkly
#12404 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 10:54:35 AM

KaunganaDoDo wrote:
obiero wrote:

I doubt. No entity, whether corporate or human being can be exempted from tax obligations under our current constitution. Any Exemption can be general but not this specific, Tax exemptions will have to be given to other competitors. even 100% government owned enterprises like GDC pay corporate tax. Even KDF canteens nowadays pay VAT

Many International, National and Charitable institutions are exempted. Diplomatic, Disabled and senior citizens are also exempted from tax.

An exemption for KQ has to be passed by Parliament.
obiero
#12405 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 11:51:40 AM

sparkly wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
obiero wrote:

Many International, National and Charitable institutions are exempted. Diplomatic, Disabled and senior citizens are also exempted from tax.

KQ already enjoys tax exempt status on full engine import and related accessories.. Now we are going to seal the bleeding

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#12406 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 12:01:34 PM

xxxxx wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly sounds like financial accounting 101 lessonsLaughing out loudly

There are things you cannot teach your father.. Of course KQ does not pay the tax currently but taking it out altogether puts it onto equal footing with Ethiopian

sparkly
#12407 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 12:10:15 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
obiero wrote:

KQ already enjoys tax exempt status on full engine import and related accessories.. Now we are going to seal the bleeding

They also don't pay taxes on fuel, the food consumed aboard and the duty free merchandise sold to customers but that hasn't helped much.

The problem is operations and finance costs, not taxation.
obiero
#12408 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 12:13:10 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
obiero wrote:

They also don't pay taxes on fuel, the food consumed aboard and the duty free merchandise sold to customers but that hasn't helped much.

The tax on new plane purchases currently still stands with a B787 costing upto KES 25B.. Be serious!

sparkly
#12409 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 12:46:16 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
obiero wrote:

The tax on new plane purchases currently still stands with a B787 costing upto KES 25B.. Be serious!

KQ is zero-rated for VAT so they get a refund from KRA on the full VAT paid on planes.
xxxxx
#12410 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 12:49:40 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
obiero wrote:

If up to now @Obiero still believes KQs challenges will be addressed in any way by tax exemptions then this thread should be closedLaughing out loudly coz clearly, he's way in too deep.
sparkly
#12411 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 1:27:25 PM

xxxxx wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
obiero wrote:

If up to now @Obiero still believes KQs challenges will be addressed in any way by tax exemptions then this thread should be closedLaughing out loudly coz clearly, he's way in too deep.

Clutching at straws Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly. KQ does not pay taxes, infact it is directly consuming taxes through taxpayer bailouts and loan write-offs.

How will tax exemption help a company which is not paying taxes but consumming taxes?d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
obiero
#12412 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 1:40:35 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
obiero wrote:

KQ is zero-rated for VAT so they get a refund from KRA on the full VAT paid on planes.

When was the last time any firm received a tax refund.. 2017! Why charge a tax and then take 2 years to refund? Does it make sense to the company?
https://www.the-star.co....ions-to-offset-expenses/

Ericsson
#12413 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 4:00:10 PM

Share price at below ksh.4
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#12414 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 5:07:29 PM

Ericsson wrote:

Buyers manna. Quite sad that the PIIP has been brushed aside by the MPs. It has alot to do with the attitude of Mikosz during the debates.. He was too brash. Niweke kwa maombi

Ebenyo
#12415 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 7:33:26 PM

Ericsson wrote:

3.96-4.00 With a volume of 114,800.
Market has reacted negatively to the idea of nationalisation of KQ.
Yesterday,it traded 36,400 shares at 4.38 down from 4.50.The current moves doesnt excite the market.
Mikorsy will have to come up with other ideas.

Towards the goal of financial freedom
tandich
#12416 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 7:39:12 PM

obiero
#12417 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 7:52:54 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Yesterday,it traded 36,400 shares at 4.38 down from 4.50.The current moves doesnt excite the market.

I'm soo screwed.. Mungu tangulia

Impunity
#12418 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 9:13:16 PM

obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Sub 2 bob...here we come finally.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Spikes
#12419 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 10:22:08 PM

obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

When I warned you branded me a clown...Now you see the 2 bob I sang for you has come to pass. A prophecy fulfilled. I'm now thinking of loading up for speculation. For your information I'll buy at less than 2bob from desperate Wanjiku who is no longer interested in holding a crap.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
maka
#12420 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 11:28:41 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

When I warned you branded me a clown...Now you see the 2 bob I sang for you has come to pass. A prophecy fulfilled. I'm now thinking of loading up for speculation. For your information I'll buy at less than 2bob from desperate Wanjiku who is no longer interested in holding a crap.

Things are thick....
possunt quia posse videntur