wazua Tue, May 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<611612613614615>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#12241 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 7:15:26 PM

KQ staff, KAWU, KALPA, KAA have all contributed in taking KQ shares to the cleaners.. 84% down and it's almost time to make the decision of a lifetime, to average down or to let go.. I was born brave

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Impunity
#12242 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 7:30:30 PM

obiero wrote:
KQ staff, KAWU, KALPA, KAA have all contributed in taking KQ shares to the cleaners.. 84% down and it's almost time to make the decision of a lifetime, to average down or to let go.. I was born brave

Sub 2bob finally printing...wow!
Laughing out loudly
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

obiero
#12243 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 7:47:27 PM

Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:

Sub 2bob finally printing...wow!
Laughing out loudly

Sub zero had remained a possibility, albeit remote.. But luckily Pkosing has come to minority shareholders rescue

tandich
#12244 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 9:00:49 PM

obiero wrote:

Management?
obiero
#12245 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 9:39:23 PM

tandich wrote:
obiero wrote:

Management?

Board and management are currently without blame

kayhara
#12246 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 10:18:02 PM

maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
nairobby wrote:
maka wrote:
nairobby wrote:
[quote=kayhara]Has the Guangzhou kq flight ever left on time both ways? They should just move the flight to morning from nairobi and 3 am from CAN, otherwise I don't see what business they are doing, personally I will avoid it unless it's the only airline flying a certain route.

I've noticed when that flight has delays its usually kitu 8 hours which I can't even understand because this is the only 787 route that gets this kind of delays. Wanted to use KQ to Bangkok but I had to avoid because of this.

Yeah when that route has a delay it's usually long hours coz at times even after let's say the plane has been sorted if its a tech the issue of duty time comes into play... Its last year that guys were stuck for a few days after the plane had an issue...

Still so weird. CDG flight departs around the same time and they've never had such a delay.
Perhaps that is given NBO-CDG has a large % of transit passengers. There may be a penalty associated with missed flights for delayed passengers.
KQ's codeshare partners would have to accommodate the transit passengers on different flights and perhaps provide accommodation and meals. This could be billed to the carrier that caused the delay.

Huko EU you can't play around with this matters... There is some mzungu suing KQ/wrote to COFEK etc missed his connection...

ION...

8 STATE bodies including Kenya Power, KQ and KPA risk losing assets if Sh147.7bn external debt is not paid, Parliamentary Budget Office says. https://t.co/8VQbFRnH2B[/quote]

I was so mad, my flight from Mombasa was delayed for an hour only to get to Nairobi and find the Guangzhou flight has been cancelled and will be leaving the next day at 9, they put us up at Weston where we could not check in until 11.59 when the flight was to leave, the food was crap, on the flight back from Guangzhou they had a 5 hours delay, then when we got to Bangkok we were told the pilots had not rested so we had to dis embark and sleep in the waiting lounge from 3am to 9 am the next day, after that experience I have included in my requirements to my clients that any flight for me should not be KQ.
To Each His Own
obiero
#12247 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 10:21:22 PM

kayhara wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
nairobby wrote:
maka wrote:
nairobby wrote:
[quote=kayhara]Has the Guangzhou kq flight ever left on time both ways? They should just move the flight to morning from nairobi and 3 am from CAN, otherwise I don't see what business they are doing, personally I will avoid it unless it's the only airline flying a certain route.

I've noticed when that flight has delays its usually kitu 8 hours which I can't even understand because this is the only 787 route that gets this kind of delays. Wanted to use KQ to Bangkok but I had to avoid because of this.

Yeah when that route has a delay it's usually long hours coz at times even after let's say the plane has been sorted if its a tech the issue of duty time comes into play... Its last year that guys were stuck for a few days after the plane had an issue...

Still so weird. CDG flight departs around the same time and they've never had such a delay.
Perhaps that is given NBO-CDG has a large % of transit passengers. There may be a penalty associated with missed flights for delayed passengers.
KQ's codeshare partners would have to accommodate the transit passengers on different flights and perhaps provide accommodation and meals. This could be billed to the carrier that caused the delay.

Huko EU you can't play around with this matters... There is some mzungu suing KQ/wrote to COFEK etc missed his connection...

ION...

8 STATE bodies including Kenya Power, KQ and KPA risk losing assets if Sh147.7bn external debt is not paid, Parliamentary Budget Office says. https://t.co/8VQbFRnH2B[/quote]
I was so mad, my flight from Mombasa was delayed for an hour only to get to Nairobi and find the Guangzhou flight has been cancelled and will be leaving the next day at 9, they put us up at Weston where we could not check in until 11.59 when the flight was to leave, the food was crap, on the flight back from Guangzhou they had a 5 hours delay, then when we got to Bangkok we were told the pilots had not rested so we had to dis embark and sleep in the waiting lounge from 3am to 9 am the next day, after that experience I have included in my requirements to my clients that any flight for me should not be KQ.

When leaving a party, you don't necessarily have to fart near the exits

hardwood
#12248 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 10:41:59 PM

kayhara wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
nairobby wrote:
maka wrote:
nairobby wrote:
kayhara wrote:
Has the Guangzhou kq flight ever left on time both ways? They should just move the flight to morning from nairobi and 3 am from CAN, otherwise I don't see what business they are doing, personally I will avoid it unless it's the only airline flying a certain route.

ION...

8 STATE bodies including Kenya Power, KQ and KPA risk losing assets if Sh147.7bn external debt is not paid, Parliamentary Budget Office says. https://t.co/8VQbFRnH2B

smile
VituVingiSana
#12249 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 1:00:14 AM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Scandinavian airline SAS has cancelled hundreds of flights globally leaving thousands of passengers stranded after pilots in Norway, Sweden and Denmark went on strike. SAS said 673 flights would be cancelled on Friday affecting 72,000 passengers. It said it was "deeply regretful" about the negative impact on customers.

These airline employees are just greedy pigs, generally speaking

#TukoPamoja They do not have or want skin in the game.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#12250 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 1:02:34 AM

obiero wrote:

84% down from your (average) purchase price? Over what time period?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#12251 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 1:15:22 AM

kayhara wrote:

Bloody Hell
If communicated to you, you could have stayed in Mombasa and saved yourself the hassle and KQ could have saved itself money for the hotel and transport to/fro Weston.
obiero
#12252 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 5:57:39 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Post restructuring November 2017.. Prior to that it was down 38-45% on average

hardwood
#12253 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 1:00:34 PM

obiero wrote:

Cut your losses and sell the damn 96100 KQ shares at 5 bob (if you are lucky), and pocket the 480k. Then talk nicely to @mugundaman to see if he can get you some kaploti huko dustbowl (though hiyo 480k is kidogo sana for a nice area). And you will be 100% up in the next 18 months. No need getting white hair and ulcers coz of KQ stock performance stress.

Also never ever average down on a falling stock, you should only average UP on a performing stock.

https://www.stockdiscipl...erage-down-falling-stock
obiero
#12254 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 2:44:02 PM

hardwood wrote:
obiero wrote:

Cut your losses and sell the damn 96100 KQ shares at 5 bob (if you are lucky), and pocket the 480k. Then talk nicely to @mugundaman to see if he can get you some kaploti huko dustbowl (though hiyo 480k is kidogo sana for a nice area). And you will be 100% up in the next 18 months. No need getting white hair and ulcers coz of KQ stock performance stress.

Also never ever average down on a falling stock, you should only average UP on a performing stock.

https://www.stockdiscipl...rage-down-falling-stock

@hardwood thanks for the feedback but unless the Open Offer is done away with, high upside potential exists in the KQ share. Let's await full year results, Pkosing report both due next week; for final decisioning

VituVingiSana
#12255 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 8:46:17 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

So you and I are not that far apart comparing ARM vs KQ.
ARM is down 100%
Your "value" from the time you first bought the shares is down 90%+?
obiero
#12256 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 9:29:26 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

ARM is down 100%

84% is not 90% .. Read the earlier post. And no, you can’t compare ARM to KQ. One is dead

VituVingiSana
#12257 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 11:17:47 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

ARM is down 100%

84% is not 90% .. Read the earlier post. And no, you can’t compare ARM to KQ. One is dead

You said "Post restructuring November 2017.. Prior to that it was down 38-45% on average"
So was the 84% reduction in value from Nov 2017 to April 2019?
Or was the reduction of 84% from the first shares you bought?
In 2012, KQ had a Rights Issue at 14/-.
Then there was a 4:1 consolidation so 100 shares x 14 = 1,400 in 2012 is now 25 shares x 5/- = 125/- in April 2019

125/1400 = 9% of the original value
Monk
#12258 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2019 7:11:03 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Scandinavian airline SAS has cancelled hundreds of flights globally leaving thousands of passengers stranded after pilots in Norway, Sweden and Denmark went on strike. SAS said 673 flights would be cancelled on Friday affecting 72,000 passengers. It said it was "deeply regretful" about the negative impact on customers.

These airline employees are just greedy pigs, generally speaking

#TukoPamoja They do not have or want skin in the game.

Watching events from outside is like watching a swan on a lake. While its true employees often do not have skin in the game, we have no idea what they are dealing with underneath. I have met managers from hell in my day. I have seen events unfold in one way, only to be reported completely differently in the media. He who controls mass media gets to control your perception of reality. That makes it difficult to judge these situations without inside information.
Ericsson
#12259 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2019 9:11:01 AM

Tues 30 April 2019
Kenya Airways results & Investor briefing
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#12260 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2019 9:35:29 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

ARM is down 100%

You said "Post restructuring November 2017.. Prior to that it was down 38-45% on average"
So was the 84% reduction in value from Nov 2017 to April 2019?
Or was the reduction of 84% from the first shares you bought?
In 2012, KQ had a Rights Issue at 14/-.
Then there was a 4:1 consolidation so 100 shares x 14 = 1,400 in 2012 is now 25 shares x 5/- = 125/- in April 2019

125/1400 = 9% of the original value

Remember that I declared the Rights Issue DOA, right here.. I bought post