Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<609610611612613>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
maka
#12201 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 9:08:39 AM

freiks wrote:
Zichi wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
I am critical of the pilots/KALPA. KAWU too.

They want all the benefits without the pain.

I still say that "Old KQ" should be put into administration. Form "New KQ" and give it to the creditors. Let New KQ choose what assets it wants. What staff it wants. New negotiations on wages/remuneration. Only debt that New KQ should take on would be asset related eg a plane under a SPV given the plane and its loan are inter-linked.

Ditch toxic assets and staff. Let the staff also take a significant ownership stake in New KQ over time.

Currently, KALPA and KAWU are bloodsuckers. They are bleeding the taxpayer dry.

The problem with KQ has always been the senior management. These Unions you are bashing have always been on the side of the taxpayer. From the first time project Mawingu was announced who do you think waa the first to oppose it and point out its loopholes? KALPA. But the likes of Naikuni went ahead and this almost collapsed KQ. Ethiopian copied project Mawingu but did a steady growth, staggered aircraft orders, didn't take kickbacks and now they are the biggest in Africa. Who do you think called out the improper practices in various departments? When Ghana offered KQ permission for them to position two aircraft to seeve the Wesr African circuit, who refused? When Nigeria had no qualms with KQ flying the Nigerian direct from Dubai and China to Lagos, who refused? Who run down a profitable cargo section so that another company can grow in its place? Kalpa? KAWU?

Before blaming the Unions as bloodsuckers, you should aak around any crew you know the last time they went on leave. Ask the crew planners how many times they have to call people from their day offs. Go to KCAA and ask how many hours the crew, the ground staff are working in a year as opposed to maximum.
The truth is that the management has always and will always use pay as an execuse for their failings. When the likes of Naikuni sponsored the formation of CDL as a tool to reduce Cabin crew costs, look at how the onboard servixe levels deteriorated, ask how much was saved from the reduction of the pay-close to nothing.

Kenya is a liberalised economy. You can't expect the staff to be paid the same as what Ethiopian pays. You can't survive with that kind of money in Kenya in this kind of job that can not allow you to run a proper side business. And mind you, when kq staff when they go to work there get paid as expatriates far better than what KQ is paying. Even Rwanda air is paying expatriates better than what KQ pays-lets not talk about Emirates and Qatar-those are in another league. For pilots, benefits aside, even Jambojet is paying their Q400 pilots better than what entry level guys at Embraer are being paid

KQ needs to grow to make money. Execuses by management will not help. The government needs to decide whether it wants KQ to be private or fully owned. If they want to close it and start a new airline, fine. If they close it kabisa, that's fine also. Life will go on. Jet Airways finally collapsed yesterday with 20000 employees out of work, watakufa?

Zichi unakaa na machungu kwani wewe ni wa Unions ama? the only way to deal with KQ is reduce staff costs as simple as that

Try cockpit crew my friend... smile Hi Zichi... 😎😎
possunt quia posse videntur
mulla
#12202 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 10:36:57 AM

maka wrote:
Zichi wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I still say that "Old KQ" should be put into administration. Form "New KQ" and give it to the creditors. Let New KQ choose what assets it wants. What staff it wants. New negotiations on wages/remuneration. Only debt that New KQ should take on would be asset related eg a plane under a SPV given the plane and its loan are inter-linked.

Ditch toxic assets and staff. Let the staff also take a significant ownership stake in New KQ over time.

The problem with KQ has always been the senior management. These Unions you are bashing have always been on the side of the taxpayer. From the first time project Mawingu was announced who do you think waa the first to oppose it and point out its loopholes? KALPA. But the likes of Naikuni went ahead and this almost collapsed KQ. Ethiopian copied project Mawingu but did a steady growth, staggered aircraft orders, didn't take kickbacks and now they are the biggest in Africa. Who do you think called out the improper practices in various departments? When Ghana offered KQ permission for them to position two aircraft to seeve the Wesr African circuit, who refused? When Nigeria had no qualms with KQ flying the Nigerian direct from Dubai and China to Lagos, who refused? Who run down a profitable cargo section so that another company can grow in its place? Kalpa? KAWU?

Before blaming the Unions as bloodsuckers, you should aak around any crew you know the last time they went on leave. Ask the crew planners how many times they have to call people from their day offs. Go to KCAA and ask how many hours the crew, the ground staff are working in a year as opposed to maximum.
The truth is that the management has always and will always use pay as an execuse for their failings. When the likes of Naikuni sponsored the formation of CDL as a tool to reduce Cabin crew costs, look at how the onboard servixe levels deteriorated, ask how much was saved from the reduction of the pay-close to nothing.

Kenya is a liberalised economy. You can't expect the staff to be paid the same as what Ethiopian pays. You can't survive with that kind of money in Kenya in this kind of job that can not allow you to run a proper side business. And mind you, when kq staff when they go to work there get paid as expatriates far better than what KQ is paying. Even Rwanda air is paying expatriates better than what KQ pays-lets not talk about Emirates and Qatar-those are in another league. For pilots, benefits aside, even Jambojet is paying their Q400 pilots better than what entry level guys at Embraer are being paid

KQ needs to grow to make money. Execuses by management will not help. The government needs to decide whether it wants KQ to be private or fully owned. If they want to close it and start a new airline, fine. If they close it kabisa, that's fine also. Life will go on. Jet Airways finally collapsed yesterday with 20000 employees out of work, watakufa?

How the mighty fall... I rem KQ used to sponsor golf tournaments in SA... Smh pesa ilikuwa mingi those days...

Hehe....even here in Kenya there used to be the KQ Golf safari. Used to be very big tournaments countrywide to look forward to. No more due to budget issuesSad Sad
VituVingiSana
#12203 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 5:29:48 PM

Zichi wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

1) If it is liberalized then nothing stops KQ's staff from quitting if they feel they are under-paid.
2) KQ doesn't owe anyone a livelihood. There are millions of Kenyan taxpayers in jobs that remunerate less than KQ.
3) Then move to Rwanda/Qatar/Emirates.
4) There's value for experience. Newbies cost money to train. Move to JJ if it pays better.

If they want to close it and start a new airline, fine. If they close it kabisa, that's fine also. I agree 100%.

I believe the "New KQ" should have a strong ownership representation by labor. Let them own the capital too. Not for free but earned. Plus allow competition from other (local) airlines so everyone stays on their toes. The customer should be king.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
rwitre
#12204 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 7:25:55 PM

obiero wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Let's see how wrong "experienced NSE investors" can be. I'll use bitcoin, which an elder has called takataka some time back, while strongly vouching for KQ.

As of 16th March 2019,
KQ price per share: Sh. 5.56
BTC price: $3984

Will compare percentage increase/decrease after a year.

My opinion for the minority shareholders trapped in KQ: You can sell, take the loss, and plough all that cash into some BTC. It will recoup your costs, and earn you a tidy profit.

Plus let's face it-at this point KQ is just frustrating y'all (yes, even more than those in BTC with its wild price swings). So many blindspots, hidden players calling the shots, still in loss territory, and minority shareholders not knowing who is looking out for their interests.

But am not a prophet, so let's check back in a year.

Ni hayo tu kwa sasa.

Wewe I bet you 10,000 taslim. KQ will touch KES 15 before mid next year

5 weeks later.
BTC @ 5290 (about 32% higher)
KQ @ 5 (about 10% lower)

We still wait for the end of the year. smile

Again we remind you to board before the rally gains steam. Recover your money and put KQ behind you (or remain with a 1/40 millionth stake like every other Kenyan Laughing out loudly )
VituVingiSana
#12205 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 1:07:22 AM

rwitre wrote:
obiero wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Let's see how wrong "experienced NSE investors" can be. I'll use bitcoin, which an elder has called takataka some time back, while strongly vouching for KQ.

As of 16th March 2019,

My opinion for the minority shareholders trapped in KQ: You can sell, take the loss, and plough all that cash into some BTC. It will recoup your costs, and earn you a tidy profit.

Plus let's face it-at this point KQ is just frustrating y'all (yes, even more than those in BTC with its wild price swings). So many blindspots, hidden players calling the shots, still in loss territory, and minority shareholders not knowing who is looking out for their interests.

Ni hayo tu kwa sasa.

5 weeks later.
KQ @ 5 (about 10% lower)

Again we remind you to board before the rally gains steam. Recover your money and put KQ behind you (or remain with a 1/40 millionth stake like every other Kenyan Laughing out loudly )
1/50,000,000 now. So that's another 25% dilution!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#12206 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 8:44:35 AM

rwitre wrote:
obiero wrote:
rwitre wrote:

As of 16th March 2019,

Ni hayo tu kwa sasa.

5 weeks later.
KQ @ 5 (about 10% lower)

KQ to Bitcoin is frying pan to the fire, moreso if not a an experienced Bitcoin trader.
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#12207 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 9:02:20 AM

sparkly wrote:
rwitre wrote:
obiero wrote:
rwitre wrote:

As of 16th March 2019,

Ni hayo tu kwa sasa.

5 weeks later.
KQ @ 5 (about 10% lower)

KQ to Bitcoin is frying pan to the fire, moreso if not a an experienced Bitcoin trader.

I think @rwitre is suggesting that anything is better than KQ! Laughing out loudly
*No, I have little idea on the dynamics of BTC and I am not suggesting nor recommending an investment in BTC.
Ericsson
#12208 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 12:13:13 PM

Full Year 2018 Results when are they being released?
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#12209 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 2:47:33 PM

Ericsson wrote:

I also need to know

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
hardwood
#12210 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 3:05:11 PM

More competition on the way....

https://www.theeastafric...83684-iuuik5/index.html

Quote:
Uganda has received two bombardier CRJ900 jets as part of its plan to revive national carrier Uganda Airlines, which was grounded almost two decades ago.

The two aircraft touched down at the Entebbe International Airport at 9.55am (0655GMT) on Tuesday morning, with President Yoweri Museveni gracing the ceremony.

The event, marked by ululations, chants and dances, signals the official revival of Uganda Airlines that was liquidated in 2001.

The Ugandan government paid Ush280 billion ($74.8 million) for the two planes through a supplementary budget approval by Parliament.

The revival of the national carrier has divided opinions with some government technocrats, including some at the Central Bank opposing it.

However, the government maintained it needed a carrier to promote tourism and ensure national pride.

maka
#12211 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 3:19:44 PM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

I also need to know

Tihihihi.... 😇
maka
#12212 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 10:42:30 AM

hardwood wrote:

Quote:
Uganda has received two bombardier CRJ900 jets as part of its plan to revive national carrier Uganda Airlines, which was grounded almost two decades ago.

The two aircraft touched down at the Entebbe International Airport at 9.55am (0655GMT) on Tuesday morning, with President Yoweri Museveni gracing the ceremony.

The event, marked by ululations, chants and dances, signals the official revival of Uganda Airlines that was liquidated in 2001.

The Ugandan government paid Ush280 billion ($74.8 million) for the two planes through a supplementary budget approval by Parliament.

The revival of the national carrier has divided opinions with some government technocrats, including some at the Central Bank opposing it.

However, the government maintained it needed a carrier to promote tourism and ensure national pride.

KQ would/should have been very far by now.... Extremely sad...

Ericsson
#12213 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 4:13:42 PM

maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Quote:

KQ would/should have been very far by now.... Extremely sad...

If in they were in sound financial standing they could have bought a stake.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
kayhara
#12214 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 7:00:09 PM

Has the Guangzhou kq flight ever left on time both ways? They should just move the flight to morning from nairobi and 3 am from CAN, otherwise I don't see what business they are doing, personally I will avoid it unless it's the only airline flying a certain route.
To Each His Own
obiero
#12215 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 6:39:41 AM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

I also need to know

Tihihihi.... 😇

Only 3 days left for compulsory results release. Hopefully we will not require CMA intervention

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
HaMaina
#12216 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 8:48:34 AM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

I also need to know

Tihihihi.... 😇

Only 3 days left for compulsory results release. Hopefully we will not require CMA intervention

3 working days or 3 Days ?
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
nairobby
#12217 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 8:52:58 AM

kayhara wrote:
Has the Guangzhou kq flight ever left on time both ways? They should just move the flight to morning from nairobi and 3 am from CAN, otherwise I don't see what business they are doing, personally I will avoid it unless it's the only airline flying a certain route.

I've noticed when that flight has delays its usually kitu 8 hours which I can't even understand because this is the only 787 route that gets this kind of delays. Wanted to use KQ to Bangkok but I had to avoid because of this.
maka
#12218 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:29:17 PM

nairobby wrote:
kayhara wrote:

I've noticed when that flight has delays its usually kitu 8 hours which I can't even understand because this is the only 787 route that gets this kind of delays. Wanted to use KQ to Bangkok but I had to avoid because of this.

Yeah when that route has a delay it's usually long hours coz at times even after let's say the plane has been sorted if its a tech the issue of duty time comes into play... Its last year that guys were stuck for a few days after the plane had an issue...

nairobby
#12219 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 2:02:26 PM

maka wrote:
nairobby wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Yeah when that route has a delay it's usually long hours coz at times even after let's say the plane has been sorted if its a tech the issue of duty time comes into play... Its last year that guys were stuck for a few days after the plane had an issue...

Still so weird. CDG flight departs around the same time and they've never had such a delay.
VituVingiSana
#12220 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 2:17:43 PM

nairobby wrote:
maka wrote:
nairobby wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Still so weird. CDG flight departs around the same time and they've never had such a delay.
Perhaps that is given NBO-CDG has a large % of transit passengers. There may be a penalty associated with missed flights for delayed passengers.
KQ's codeshare partners would have to accommodate the transit passengers on different flights and perhaps provide accommodation and meals. This could be billed to the carrier that caused the delay.