wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<608609610611612>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#12181 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 9:39:59 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kenya government mulls tax incentives for low cost airlines to boost tourism arrivals.
Kwani KQ imeshindwa kazi
Applause Applause Applause
Forget tax incentives. Just allow them to fly directly to Mombasa, Nairobi and Malindi. Charge reasonable fees.

The government is broke and broken

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
2Czar
#12182 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 9:47:52 PM

How this company are doing lately ? Are they worth investing ? How much it will be for someone with few grands ready to invest ? What is share price now ? I see Kenya economy is booming in some sectors. Please let me know whole situation. Thanks in advance.
maka
#12183 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 10:37:47 AM

2Czar wrote:
How this company are doing lately ? Are they worth investing ? How much it will be for someone with few grands ready to invest ? What is share price now ? I see Kenya economy is booming in some sectors. Please let me know whole situation. Thanks in advance.

Very dead horse.... Run.

possunt quia posse videntur
murchr
#12184 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 4:24:50 PM

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
maka
#12185 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 6:16:44 PM

murchr wrote:

All good now...
obiero
#12186 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 6:31:36 PM

maka wrote:
murchr wrote:

All good now...

Washenzi

maka
#12187 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 6:39:35 PM

maka wrote:
2Czar wrote:

Very dead horse.... Run.

obiero
#12188 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 6:56:09 PM

maka wrote:
maka wrote:
2Czar wrote:

Very dead horse.... Run.

It's the staff that were always behind KQ woes

Ericsson
#12189 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 7:05:24 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
2Czar wrote:

Very dead horse.... Run.

Shida za KQ ni tough kutatua.Shut down the airline.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#12190 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 7:08:41 PM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
2Czar wrote:

Very dead horse.... Run.

Weak men stay safe, tough ones go inside.. Deep, deep into the battle ground

VituVingiSana
#12191 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 7:16:08 PM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
2Czar wrote:

Very dead horse.... Run.

It's easy to fight a battle using other people's money.
"Everybody but the shareholders make money off KQ"
*The Taxpayer is (sadly) an unwilling shareholder.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#12192 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 7:26:40 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
2Czar wrote:

Very dead horse.... Run.

It's easy to fight a battle using other people's money.
"Everybody but the shareholders make money off KQ"
*The Taxpayer is (sadly) an unwilling shareholder.

Mikosz said the truth about the KQ pilots as earlier elaborated by our own @maka.. His reward is the same as that given to Mbuvi Ngunze.. Next CEO will also be hounded out in a few months.. Do we keep changing the CEO or face KALPA

maka
#12193 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 9:16:37 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
murchr wrote:

All good now...

Washenzi

Imagine the guy is a frequent flier.... He was being helped to put his hand luggage huko kwa over head cabin... The crew was like its heavy kwani what have you carried... The guy said its a bomb jokingly... Imemletea shida.
obiero
#12194 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 9:33:26 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
murchr wrote:

All good now...

Washenzi

Imagine the guy is a frequent flier.... He was being helped to put his hand luggage huko kwa over head cabin... The crew was like its heavy kwani what have you carried... The guy said its a bomb jokingly... Imemletea shida.

Shenzi kabisa

VituVingiSana
#12195 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 10:08:56 PM

Never say "bomb" at the airport. Or any public place. It is verboten/haram.
Not as a joke. Not ever.
Not on a plane. Matatu. Taxi.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#12196 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 10:13:37 PM

I am critical of the pilots/KALPA. KAWU too.

They want all the benefits without the pain.

I still say that "Old KQ" should be put into administration. Form "New KQ" and give it to the creditors. Let New KQ choose what assets it wants. What staff it wants. New negotiations on wages/remuneration. Only debt that New KQ should take on would be asset related eg a plane under a SPV given the plane and its loan are inter-linked.

Ditch toxic assets and staff. Let the staff also take a significant ownership stake in New KQ over time.

Currently, KALPA and KAWU are bloodsuckers. They are bleeding the taxpayer dry.
maka
#12197 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 6:51:23 AM

TBT...

https://www.the-star.co....iate-to-succeed-ngunze/

Kenya Airways pilots have joined rising chorus for an expatriate to succeed outgoing chief executive Mbuvi Ngunze.

Kenya Airline Pilots Association, the influential union for the pilots, says the next KQ boss should have “immense aviation industry experience”. Kenya Airways board chair Michael Joseph has made it clear that the search for the next CEO will be “worldwide”, according to a report in one of the dailies.

Zichi
#12198 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 7:21:29 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:

I still say that "Old KQ" should be put into administration. Form "New KQ" and give it to the creditors. Let New KQ choose what assets it wants. What staff it wants. New negotiations on wages/remuneration. Only debt that New KQ should take on would be asset related eg a plane under a SPV given the plane and its loan are inter-linked.

Ditch toxic assets and staff. Let the staff also take a significant ownership stake in New KQ over time.

The problem with KQ has always been the senior management. These Unions you are bashing have always been on the side of the taxpayer. From the first time project Mawingu was announced who do you think waa the first to oppose it and point out its loopholes? KALPA. But the likes of Naikuni went ahead and this almost collapsed KQ. Ethiopian copied project Mawingu but did a steady growth, staggered aircraft orders, didn't take kickbacks and now they are the biggest in Africa. Who do you think called out the improper practices in various departments? When Ghana offered KQ permission for them to position two aircraft to seeve the Wesr African circuit, who refused? When Nigeria had no qualms with KQ flying the Nigerian direct from Dubai and China to Lagos, who refused? Who run down a profitable cargo section so that another company can grow in its place? Kalpa? KAWU?

Before blaming the Unions as bloodsuckers, you should aak around any crew you know the last time they went on leave. Ask the crew planners how many times they have to call people from their day offs. Go to KCAA and ask how many hours the crew, the ground staff are working in a year as opposed to maximum.
The truth is that the management has always and will always use pay as an execuse for their failings. When the likes of Naikuni sponsored the formation of CDL as a tool to reduce Cabin crew costs, look at how the onboard servixe levels deteriorated, ask how much was saved from the reduction of the pay-close to nothing.

Kenya is a liberalised economy. You can't expect the staff to be paid the same as what Ethiopian pays. You can't survive with that kind of money in Kenya in this kind of job that can not allow you to run a proper side business. And mind you, when kq staff when they go to work there get paid as expatriates far better than what KQ is paying. Even Rwanda air is paying expatriates better than what KQ pays-lets not talk about Emirates and Qatar-those are in another league. For pilots, benefits aside, even Jambojet is paying their Q400 pilots better than what entry level guys at Embraer are being paid

KQ needs to grow to make money. Execuses by management will not help. The government needs to decide whether it wants KQ to be private or fully owned. If they want to close it and start a new airline, fine. If they close it kabisa, that's fine also. Life will go on. Jet Airways finally collapsed yesterday with 20000 employees out of work, watakufa?
maka
#12199 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 8:08:04 AM

Zichi wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

The problem with KQ has always been the senior management. These Unions you are bashing have always been on the side of the taxpayer. From the first time project Mawingu was announced who do you think waa the first to oppose it and point out its loopholes? KALPA. But the likes of Naikuni went ahead and this almost collapsed KQ. Ethiopian copied project Mawingu but did a steady growth, staggered aircraft orders, didn't take kickbacks and now they are the biggest in Africa. Who do you think called out the improper practices in various departments? When Ghana offered KQ permission for them to position two aircraft to seeve the Wesr African circuit, who refused? When Nigeria had no qualms with KQ flying the Nigerian direct from Dubai and China to Lagos, who refused? Who run down a profitable cargo section so that another company can grow in its place? Kalpa? KAWU?

Before blaming the Unions as bloodsuckers, you should aak around any crew you know the last time they went on leave. Ask the crew planners how many times they have to call people from their day offs. Go to KCAA and ask how many hours the crew, the ground staff are working in a year as opposed to maximum.
The truth is that the management has always and will always use pay as an execuse for their failings. When the likes of Naikuni sponsored the formation of CDL as a tool to reduce Cabin crew costs, look at how the onboard servixe levels deteriorated, ask how much was saved from the reduction of the pay-close to nothing.

Kenya is a liberalised economy. You can't expect the staff to be paid the same as what Ethiopian pays. You can't survive with that kind of money in Kenya in this kind of job that can not allow you to run a proper side business. And mind you, when kq staff when they go to work there get paid as expatriates far better than what KQ is paying. Even Rwanda air is paying expatriates better than what KQ pays-lets not talk about Emirates and Qatar-those are in another league. For pilots, benefits aside, even Jambojet is paying their Q400 pilots better than what entry level guys at Embraer are being paid

KQ needs to grow to make money. Execuses by management will not help. The government needs to decide whether it wants KQ to be private or fully owned. If they want to close it and start a new airline, fine. If they close it kabisa, that's fine also. Life will go on. Jet Airways finally collapsed yesterday with 20000 employees out of work, watakufa?

How the mighty fall... I rem KQ used to sponsor golf tournaments in SA... Smh pesa ilikuwa mingi those days...

freiks
#12200 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 8:53:08 AM

Zichi wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Zichi unakaa na machungu kwani wewe ni wa Unions ama? the only way to deal with KQ is reduce staff costs as simple as that
Life is an endless adventure