Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<606607608609610>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
maka
#12141 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 8:58:11 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
murchr wrote:
maka wrote:
Whistling... Btw how do I upload a video....?

After 9 years in wazua you are still asking elementary questions?
Just help if you know. It's very user unfriendly to upload a vid.

@maka - Try this: If you have the link to the vid (vs the actual vid) then use the "create link" button above.
There's an "insert image" button that may help in uploading the vid from your computer. I have not uploaded a video so I am not sure. copy and paste the vid in between the " img img"

https://youtu.be/Gzqm6Yq_6DI

Its here....
possunt quia posse videntur
maka
#12142 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 11:30:03 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
murchr wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
murchr wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
murchr wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KQ Resorts To Code Sharing Before Finally Suspending US Direct Flights

https://www.kahawatungu....&utm_medium=twitter

Despite Kenya Airways (KQ) announcing resumption of daily direct flights to US in June, it is evident that the national carrier cannot sustain the flights.

In fact, the airliner will not actually resume the flights, but will use American airliner, Delta Airlines, to advance the agenda, which means that a big chunk of profits will go the firm.

The two airlines announced that they had signed a code sharing deal, that would see the plan materialise. A code sharing deal is a commercial arrangement between two airlines, whereby one sells seats on a flight operated by the other. In this sense, Kenya Airways, owing to its limited financial ability, will be ‘selling’ its passengers to the American carrier.

“As part of our commitment to the New York route, we are proud to be a part of this partnership that will open up opportunities for our customers to access more destinations in North America through the John F. Kennedy Airport,” KQ CEO Sebastian Mikosz said.

Barely two weeks after launching the route, KQ reduced the number of its direct flights to new York, US, over low demand. Since then, the carrier has never resumed the flights as per the schedule, which was hit by several hiccups.

Alai just doesn't understand the airline industry...and I think you do not either.

KQ will fly Kenyans from JKIA to JFK then those proceeding to other cities will catch the other american airlines (delta, AA) to their destinations eg Miami, Houston etc,

In the same code sharing sprit AA and Delta will use KQ to fly people from JFK to JKIA and other African destinations that they may not be flying to (actually, which American Airline flys to Africa?) Most of these American airlines code share with BA or KLM who fly to Africa.

Most international flights to and from the west are never full anyway plus KQ will need to gain trust among travelers before they are to see full flights.

How does American Airlines come into the picture?
Wasn't the code-share just with Delta (a founder member of SkyTeam)?
Is there a KQ-AA codeshare?

I would have thought KQ would have worked on the code-share before launching the NBO-JFK flights given the market in North America is much wider than NYC especially for Diasporans. There is a huge Kenyan diaspora in TX.

Delta doesn't fly everywhere, these are the Delta hubs Atlanta, Detroit, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York (JFK and LaGuardia), Salt Lake City, Seattle.

To connect elsewhere, they are booking AA for you. Its only right after a 15hr flight, you dont want another connection after that.

I get that but is there an announcement of the KQ-AA codeshare?
It's good for KQ to have more codeshares with more partners to expand the reach for its passengers.

No announcement yet, but that is what they are doing
How does code-share revenue splitting work?

As an example:

AA-BA are in the same alliance so someone flying from NBO to a city in the USA that is served by AA directly from LHR i.e. NBO-LHR-USCity

vs

KQ-AA using NBO-JFK-USCity

The amount is pro rated based on the diff fares... KQ will sell the ticket as KQ to Atlanta... Then Delta charges KQ for the NYC to Atlanta flight... Done at the IATA clearing house...
obiero
#12143 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 4:01:15 PM

The current price is unbelievable.. A traders dream come true

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#12144 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 6:13:02 PM

obiero wrote:

A trader's nightmare but cigar butt traders can have a last puff before the monkey dies. Reminds me of ARM where I had a last puff of 60% gain before the share was suspended.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#12145 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 6:58:06 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

A trader's nightmare but cigar butt traders can have a last puff before the monkey dies. Reminds me of ARM where I had a last puff of 60% gain before the share was suspended.

To compare ARM to KQ is akin to a comparison between Akothe and Rihanna. Try to use a standard base. EABL or Safaricom are KQ peers

sparkly
#12146 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 7:17:21 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

To compare ARM to KQ is akin to a comparison between Akothe and Rihanna. Try to use a standard base. EABL or Safaricom are KQ peers

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly you have the gift of flowery language but you should show us how KQ compares to EABL and Safaricom.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#12147 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 7:53:20 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly you have the gift of flowery language but you should show us how KQ compares to EABL and Safaricom.

Turnover, brand affection, customer loyalty..

maka
#12148 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 9:09:18 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

Wouldn't touch this share... @Obiero I told you Revenue is down YTD.... Everything is in the RED.... They owe everyone money from here to Timbuktu..... Dead kabisa.
obiero
#12149 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 9:51:40 PM

maka wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

Wouldn't touch this share... @Obiero I told you Revenue is down YTD.... Everything is in the RED.... They owe everyone money from here to Timbuktu..... Dead kabisa.

Revenue down on a reduced fleet size.. wacha doomsday prophecy

maka
#12150 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 11:54:31 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

Revenue down on a reduced fleet size.. wacha doomsday prophecy

Revenue down... Costs slightly reduced... Shida tupu...

All red....
VituVingiSana
#12151 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 6:36:02 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

Laughing out loudly Shame on you Liar Laughing out loudly Shame on you Liar
EABL makes more on one bottle of beer it sells to KQ than KQ has made from 2012-2019.
Safaricom makes more on one minute of airtime it sells to KQ than KQ has made from 2012-2019.

Heck, Akothe has probably made more from one song than KQ has made from 2012-2019.
Rihanna probably makes more from one concert than KQ's market cap!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#12152 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 8:58:01 AM

Kenya Airways’ airport takeover bid a sugar-coated fraud, reject it - Billow Kerrow
https://www.nation.co.ke...071700-1db53j/index.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
nairobby
#12153 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 9:02:17 AM

Ericsson wrote:

Despite Kenya Airways (KQ) announcing resumption of daily direct flights to US in June, it is evident that the national carrier cannot sustain the flights.

In fact, the airliner will not actually resume the flights, but will use American airliner, Delta Airlines, to advance the agenda, which means that a big chunk of profits will go the firm.

The two airlines announced that they had signed a code sharing deal, that would see the plan materialise. A code sharing deal is a commercial arrangement between two airlines, whereby one sells seats on a flight operated by the other. In this sense, Kenya Airways, owing to its limited financial ability, will be ‘selling’ its passengers to the American carrier.

“As part of our commitment to the New York route, we are proud to be a part of this partnership that will open up opportunities for our customers to access more destinations in North America through the John F. Kennedy Airport,” KQ CEO Sebastian Mikosz said.

Barely two weeks after launching the route, KQ reduced the number of its direct flights to new York, US, over low demand. Since then, the carrier has never resumed the flights as per the schedule, which was hit by several hiccups.

Hahahaha the media reporting on KQ has been so bad Jesus Christ so we're condemning a code share now? Is there anyone who reports aviation news in Kenya that actually understands it?
maka
#12154 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 9:04:34 AM

nairobby wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Hahahaha the media reporting on KQ has been so bad Jesus Christ so we're condemning a code share now? Is there anyone who reports aviation news in Kenya that actually understands it?

YTD cabin factor...

J class.... 63%

Economy.....58%

Do the math... 550,000 USD behind target..
nairobby
#12155 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 9:10:05 AM

maka wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

YTD cabin factor...

J class.... 63%

Economy.....58%

Is this for the NYC route ama? Not surprised J class is doing better than Y. Was always going to be a premium heavy route.
maka
#12156 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 9:13:09 AM

nairobby wrote:
maka wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

YTD cabin factor...

J class.... 63%

Economy.....58%

Is this for the NYC route ama? Not surprised J class is doing better than Y. Was always going to be a premium heavy route.

Yes Sir...
maka
#12157 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 1:35:10 PM

Heh. But Why always KQ?

-Pilots were paid a combined Sh4.25bn from the airline’s Sh9.45bn wage bill for the 9 month period to Dec 2017

-The airline had 414 pilots, out of its overall workforce of 3,548.

-13% of the workforce took home 45% of the wages.

https://t.co/VMN8feo2V4

Businessdaily a few months late in relation to whn I first posted...
maka
#12158 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 1:37:13 PM

maka wrote:
Heh. But Why always KQ?

-Pilots were paid a combined Sh4.25bn from the airline’s Sh9.45bn wage bill for the 9 month period to Dec 2017

-The airline had 414 pilots, out of its overall workforce of 3,548.

-13% of the workforce took home 45% of the wages.

https://t.co/VMN8feo2V4

Businessdaily a few months late as to when I posted....

Add the senior management figure and voila... Exactly what I had posted.
maka
#12159 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 6:32:08 PM

M.J has returned every single cent he has earned as Chairman at KQ....
VituVingiSana
#12160 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 7:11:20 PM

maka wrote:
M.J has returned every single cent he has earned as Chairman at KQ....
Applause Applause Applause Jamaa is a gentleman unlike those who sucked whatever they could from KQ e.g.one was dishing out freebies to a shady influencer.